Achievement Progress / Unlock Reports

OP Forum Team

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 33
We’ve been investigating reports regarding achievements in MCC with individual players, and want to make sure we're investigating all instances of achievements not unlocking (or progress resetting) with the Xbox team.

If you’ve had an Achievement that did not unlock, or had its progress reset, please provide the following:
  • Gamertag (if different from account you're posting on)
  • What was the name of the achievement?
  • [If achievement did not unlock] When did you complete the achievement, but have it not unlock?
  • [If achievement reset] When did the achievement reset?
  • How far along were you into the achievement when it reset?
Please feel free to provide any additional information that you think may be relevant to our investigation of this matter.
Thank you!

The Forum Team
Hello,

I am one of the victims.

1) Gamertag is Kittenpuncher8
2) Party Pooper, Domination, Catch This, Planting a Flag, Double Trouble, The True King
3) Does not apply to me. I never reached any achievements that did not unlock. My progress reset before I got there.
4) I don't know the exact dates, but I had a major reset sometime last September. This impacted all the above achievements. I also had a reset in Planting a Flag and the True King happen in June of 2016.
5) Again I don't know the exact progress at the reset, but I was pretty far. The resets were extremely noticeable for someone playing multiplayer consistently over a period of weeks. If you can look at my medal count you can calculate exactly what the reset amounts were by comparing medal count to current progress.

I'm willing to provide any other info you need, including posting screen captures of current medal counts or anything else you need to address the problem.

Also as an aside some legendary medals are awarded in the carnage report but don't count toward Domination. No Halo 3 legendary medals count.

Thank you for investigating!
Hi,

This has happened to me twice this week.

1. Gamertag: BGK1991
2. Oracle, Regret
3. Oracle - completed on 12th July 2016
Regret - completed on 14th July 2016
4. N/A
5. N/A

Neither of these mission complete achievements unlocked for me. I'm playing on Legendary, solo , Halo 2 campaign and the pattern I've noticed is that if I quit the mission by pausing and then using save/quit twice within the same mission playthrough ,the mission achievement won't unlock. I completed Delta Halo in one go and the achievement for completing the mission popped fine. This is the only pattern I can think of that maybe has something to do with this. The missions don't show as completed here on Halo Waypoint yet from the main menu of the game, if I go to Halo 2 mission select, the game recognises that I have completed both The Orcale and Regret missions on Legendary difficulty solo.

Also, not sure if it makes a difference but both of these missions end in a boss fight and cutscene whereas Delta Halo doesn't...not sure if this is just coincidence though.

If you need anything else let me know.

Thanks
I just had my Domination progress revert 1% from my post yesterday to today.
Hello,

I've had a problem with achievement progress getting reset.

1. Gamertag: MobileOrange400
2. Name of affected achievement: Domination
3. Progress reset sometime between May of 2015 and March of 2016 (I don't actually know the precise date that it reset).
4. I currently have 4 Exterminations, 20 Perfections, 73 Steaktaculars, and 20 Triple Double medals for a total of 117 Legendary medals (Yeah, I wanted to get it to that number). However, the current progress shows 35%. From the difference between the counted medals and the achievement progress, it seems that I had 82 Legendary medals when the achievement progress got reset.

I sincerely thank you for investigating.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
To the 343 Industries Forum Team: It might help to post a duplicate of this topic in the Support section for the Master Chief Collection as well.
Gamertag : Wactical Tank
What was the name of the achievement? : Hero (Halo 2 : Complete every level in the game on Heroic difficulty).
[If achievement did not unlock] When did you complete the achievement, but have it not unlocked? :14/7/2016

According to my achievement list I'm also progressing through legendary achievements but have not played that difficulty.

Hope this helps and a fix can be found.
Hello,

My GT is B4t chat, and the name of the achievement where my progress was reset was on the achievement "Domination".
I used to have a little over 60 legendary medals, and when I noticed I was reset, I only had around 13 medals. I can't remember when it reset progress, it was several months ago.
Thanks for creating this thread.
  • Gamertag: Officer Slug
  • What was the name of the achievement? : Domination, Catch This, Party Pooper
  • [If achievement did not unlock] When did you complete the achievement, but have it not unlock? N/A
  • [If achievement reset] When did the achievement reset? One of the April updates brought this about. Not exactly certain when, but around that time.
  • How far along were you into the achievement when it reset? Domination: 29 / 100 Catch This: 387 / 500 Party Pooper: 116 / 250
Glad this is finally being looked into, hoping for a smooth resolution like with the Halo 4 broken achievements.
  • An Actua1 Dog
  • Librarian's Pet, Reclaimer, The Legend of 117, Lone Wolf Legend
  • I activated the terminal on Reclaimer and the Halo Channel closed MCC, when I loaded it back up and finished the level I didn't get the level complete achievement or the par score achievement.
  • Gamertag; losgarcias
  • The True King, Catch This, Party Pooper, Domination
  • No idea when they reset, but I did notice it in October of 2015.
  • I have met the requirements for most of these achievements. With the exception of Domination. Here is what my medal count looks like for these achievements. The True King 753/250, Catch This 879/500, Party Pooper 352/250, Domination 50/100
Gamertag: Zleek
achievement: party pooper
achievement progress reset. It's been a few months now. I just logged on one day and noticed I was down to a handful rather than 130+

I was at around 130 kill joys. Currently back up to like 10.
  • Gamertag: Yoh9
  • Achievements: Domination, Catch This and Party Pooper
  • These Achievements Reset multiple times. First instance of resetting was back in April 2015.
  • At the time of the first reset, I was at about ~80% on all of them. This reset made them all 0%. Since I have worked my way back up only to have them back up to ~70% for another reset to send them back down to ~20%. This continued a few times.
As of now, I have 120+ Legendary Medals, 800+ Grenade medals and 300+ Kill Joy Medals when viewed from my medals collection in game. But my achievement progress currently sits at about ~30% for each due to the most recent reset.
Hi there!

• Gamertag: Sakori
  • What was the name of the achievement? : Safety Not Guaranteed
  • [If achievement did not unlock] When did you complete the achievement, but have it not unlock? July 14th, 2015.
  • How far along were you into the achievement when it reset? : Finished the final mission in the playlist, only the host (SH4k) got the achievement. The other two members, myself and Kenta09 did not get it.
Playlist shows as completed all but one level, but clicking continue instead boots up the first stage.
Quote:
We’ve been investigating reports regarding achievements in MCC with individual players, and want to make sure we're investigating all instances of achievements not unlocking (or progress resetting) with the Xbox team.

If you’ve had an Achievement that did not unlock, or had its progress reset, please provide the following:
  • Gamertag (if different from account you're posting on)
  • What was the name of the achievement?
  • [If achievement did not unlock] When did you complete the achievement, but have it not unlock?
  • [If achievement reset] When did the achievement reset?
  • How far along were you into the achievement when it reset?
Please feel free to provide any additional information that you think may be relevant to our investigation of this matter.
Thank you!

The Forum Team
  • Gamertag: dude527
  • Achievements which reset/glitched for me: "The True King", "Catch This", "Party Pooper", "Domination", and "Flipyap".
  • (The Achievement "Flipyap" simply didn't unlock): I've completed "Flipyap" multiple times over a course of time between September 2015 and February 2016. I've successfully triggered the necessary dialogue a few different times, listened to the NPC deliver the line all the way through, and failed to unlock the Achievement for it.
  • (The Achievements "The True King", "Catch This", "Party Pooper", and "Domination" reset for me): All of these Achievements reset progress for me once back in September 2015. A select few of them then reset a second time for me in October 2015. I don't remember which ones reset the second time.
  • Here's the information I have for how far I was into each Achievement before they reset:
  1. For "The True King": My memory is rough for this one, but I think I was well over 70% to Achievement completion.
  2. For "Catch This": I had garnered over four hundred of the necessary five hundred Grenade kills.
  3. For "Party Pooper": I had earned two-hundred and forty-two of the necessary two-hundred and fifty Killjoy medals before the Achievement reset.
  4. For "Domination": I had earned seventy-two of the one hundred necessary medals. The Achievement reset to forty-something medals earned back in September and I've since pushed on to earn the Achievement despite the soft reset.
I want to add as an addendum that it does seem to be possible to go into players' service records to see their actual progress on these Achievements. At least in my experience, even though the progress reset within the Xbox One App infrastructure, the Service Records here on Halo Waypoint still hold the true numbers.
Edit: Just going to redo the missions.
Hello 343 form team.

1) Gamertag: MIGHTYMILTON09
2) Domination
3) NIL
4) March-April, exact dates unknown
5) Progress tracker: 58/100. Legendary Medal count:78.

Halo 3 medals do not resister in the progress tracker, so if possible please tend to this bug asap for the current and future players of halo MCC.

Thanks 343 for having a team on this problem, I hope you guys continue to revive the halo community and ascend halo to glory again. #haloislovehaloislife

From yours truly, your average halo fan. :D
  • Quote:
    • Gamertag (if different from account you're posting on): willko
    • What was the name of the achievement?: Planting a Flag
    • [If achievement did not unlock] When did you complete the achievement, but have it not unlock?: Unknown. Achievements have reset multiple times
    • [If achievement reset] When did the achievement reset?: Unknown. Achievements have reset multiple times
    • How far along were you into the achievement when it reset?: Based on medal counts in Medal Chest, I should be at 351/250

• Quote:
    • What was the name of the achievement?: Double Trouble
    • [If achievement did not unlock] When did you complete the achievement, but have it not unlock?: Unknown. Achievements have reset multiple times
    • [If achievement reset] When did the achievement reset?: Unknown. Achievements have reset multiple times
    • How far along were you into the achievement when it reset?: Based on medal counts in Medal Chest, I should be at 440/250

• Quote:
    • What was the name of the achievement?: The True king
    • [If achievement did not unlock] When did you complete the achievement, but have it not unlock?: Conditions for unlock have not been met
    • How far along were you into the achievement when it reset?: Based on medal counts in Medal Chest, I should be at 164/250, achievement progress currently shows 72/250

• Quote:
    • What was the name of the achievement?: Domination
    • [If achievement did not unlock] When did you complete the achievement, but have it not unlock?: Conditions for unlock have not been met
    • How far along were you into the achievement when it reset?: Based on medal counts in Medal Chest, I should be at 57/100, achievement progress currently shows 22/100

• Quote:
    • What was the name of the achievement?: Catch This
    • How far along were you into the achievement when it reset?: Based on medal counts in Medal Chest, I should be at 284/500, achievement progress currently shows 74/500
Quote:
Gamertag (if different from account you're posting on): willko
What was the name of the achievement?: Party Pooper
[If achievement did not unlock] When did you complete the achievement, but have it not unlock?: Conditions for unlock have not been met
[If achievement reset] When did the achievement reset?: Unknown. Achievements have reset multiple times
How far along were you into the achievement when it reset?: Based on medal counts in Medal Chest, I should be at 114/250, achievement progress currently shows 35/250
Quote:

• Gamertag (if different from account you're posting on) Mongobaer
  • What was the name of the achievement? Do Tell
  • [If achievement did not unlock] When did you complete the achievement, but have it not unlock? Unknown/forgot
  • [If achievement reset] When did the achievement reset? Not reset, "stuck" in a locked at 100% message (Xbox console app shows locked Icon with 100%, Win 10 Xbox app shows locked icon with 0%)
  • How far along were you into the achievement when it reset? Audio terminal activated, audio log played in game and registered via in game HUD
Thank you!

The Forum Team
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 33