Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Acrophobia Skull Limited Time Only?

OP ry ryno ryry

Will the new Halo 3 Acrophobia Skull be unlockable after the "Launch Celebration" ends on July 29th?

From the Halo 3 launch post, the "Launch Celebration" section describes the unlock requirements for the Acrophobia skull as the following:
Quote:
To unlock this skull, players will need to complete the “Acrophobia” Challenge by 10AM PT on July 29th. This Challenge requires players to defeat 343 flying enemies in Halo 3 Campaign or Campaign playlists on Normal difficulty or higher. Flying enemies include Sentinels, Buggers, Banshees, and Phantoms.
If players are unable to complete the challenge by that time, would those players be forever locked out of being able to use that skull?

Or will the skull eventually be unlocked for all players, similar to the pre-order skulls from MCC's original release?
That's a very good question. I would hope it gets automatically unlocked in a later time. Having a skull only available for 2 weeks sounds like a scenario where it becomes openly available.
I haven't been able to find any information so far about it being obtainable after this period. Surely it has to be after some time.
Assuming that challenges continue to reset progress by then, they'll have to extend it or gift it to everyone.
Meh, its not hard to unlock anyway, just did it myself.
Yeah, i just drove around on Halo 004b letting arby kill the sentinels. Pretty easy.
It's possible this could be an annual thing, like The Yappening.
I remember they said that everything in halo mcc would be unlockable at any time, like the first season of mcc, you can still unlock all that halo reach cosmetics, so i belive they will just give the skull for everyone or make a "harder" challange when the timer ends.
It really is a piece of cake to unlock... I just did normal, crow's nest and that first time you encounter the drones after killing them all I just restarted the check point and keep doing it until I reached the limit. Didn't take very long at all.
LethalQ wrote:
It really is a piece of cake to unlock... I just did normal, crow's nest and that first time you encounter the drones after killing them all I just restarted the check point and keep doing it until I reached the limit. Didn't take very long at all.
Thats exactly what i immediately did xD
LethalQ wrote:
Thats exactly what i immediately did xD
Yep it was quick and easy... Then when I got to the barracks area with all the bruits I restarted that check point a few times to get that heavy infantry or whatever challenge so got two in like twenty minutes or so. I am on the second tier of unlocks already and I haven't played a whole lot I would say.
everyone unlocked the skull and the banner now