Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Activating the waterfall on Shrine. Halo 2A CTF

OP Bender271six057

A friend and I are trying to complete the wetwork achievement so we start a custom game and make it ctf. There's a problem though that is the orange thing that you shoot to activate the waterfall does not show up for us. Are there some specific settings that we are not enabling to get it to show? Is it possible on a custom game or does it need to be in match making?

Thanks for reading my post.
Are you playing on "Shrine Anniversary" and not just "Shrine"? I think every H2A map has a base version and an "Anniversary" variant, the orange light only shows up on Shrine and not Shrine Anniversary. As far as MP achievements that can be done in Custom Games, if the achievement states "matchmade/matchmaking", you can't do it in customs. Achievements that say "multiplayer" or do not state either are fair game in customs, so you can get the 250 beatdowns, 2500 assists as well as the achievement you're trying to get in a custom game
I've been trying to get that one in custom as well, I've been having a similar issue, but also the issue with the objective not spawning. I choose Shrine, I load it up on the objective game type, I load in, but there's no objective. Bomb and CTF refuse to spawn the bomb and the flag for some reason in custom games.
I've been trying to get that one in custom as well, I've been having a similar issue, but also the issue with the objective not spawning. I choose Shrine, I load it up on the objective game type, I load in, but there's no objective. Bomb and CTF refuse to spawn the bomb and the flag for some reason in custom games.
Objective modes objects usually don't spawn in unless there's a second player. If you try to play bomb alone, the bomb won't spawn in and if you try to play CTF alone, the enemy flag won't spawn in. I'm not sure why this is the case but for those achievements you'll have to use a dummy account or bring a friend
Try searching H2A in social search with CTF objective only selected.
Objective modes objects usually don't spawn in unless there's a second player. If you try to play bomb alone, the bomb won't spawn in and if you try to play CTF alone, the enemy flag won't spawn in. I'm not sure why this is the case but for those achievements you'll have to use a dummy account or bring a friend
Interesting, I didn't even consider that, because I kind of expected them to just assume there was a game going on.
Interesting, I didn't even consider that, because I kind of expected them to just assume there was a game going on.
It's odd but I think the game recognizes that there is no enemy team so it doesn't spawn their objectives, I couldn't tell you if it was like this for previous games but I always thought it would spawn everything in regardless up until I tried to get this achievement solo
Are you playing on "Shrine Anniversary" and not just "Shrine"? I think every H2A map has a base version and an "Anniversary" variant, the orange light only shows up on Shrine and not Shrine Anniversary. As far as MP achievements that can be done in Custom Games, if the achievement states "matchmade/matchmaking", you can't do it in customs. Achievements that say "multiplayer" or do not state either are fair game in customs, so you can get the 250 beatdowns, 2500 assists as well as the achievement you're trying to get in a custom game
Thank you that worked and I got the achievement.