1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Look I know the old halo games didn’t have join in progress and they want to make the experience “authentic”, but there are just some quality of life things that make games better overall and this is one of them, it’s like updating the graphics and improving connections with servers

Jip is simply a staple of modern gaming and should be included even if it’s for remastered games. 343 clearly thinks it is a good thing because it’s in halo 5, now time to add it into mcc as well.

One person leaving should not signal the end of the game because we all know the side that has 4 is going to win over 90% of the time unless there is a large skill imbalance in the match. It would also lead to faster matchmaking because allowing jip will increase the potential number of available games when someone joins the queue

However it must be implemented correctly, and as we know jip can have annoying side effects which should be minimized as much as possible. First, after a certain point in the game jip should be shut off. Nobody likes to join a game just to have it end 2 minutes later there should still be enough time to make a difference and play the game

Second, people don’t want to jip repeatedly and feel like they are never put in a new game. So the rule must be that the same person is never used for jip 2 games in a row. At most they will have 1 jip, 1 normal, 1 jip, 1 normal etc

Jip is a an essential feature of multiplayer gaming in this generation, and it should be put in asap, with the restrictions i mentioned so that it doesn’t frustrate players and only improves the experience
I completely agree. People quitting games is a rampant problem in MCC right now and JIP would help fill empty games

It was also in Halo 4 on Xbox 360, so clearly they're not opposed to the idea.
JIP for social, non-JIP for Ranked. Simple
Jip is a good idea but it would lead to people joining super lopsided games. It would have to have a cut off for score difference. Nobody wants to get stuck in losing games.
I feel a better route would be to give players the option to JIP. In H5, I was almost always placed on the losing team when I joined a match in progress. Not many people leave winning teams. Some people are okay with joining a losing team if it means finding a match quickly, but not everyone is and allowing players to be able to choose could be a good balance.
JIP for social, non-JIP for Ranked. Simple
Yea i agree, I was only talking about social games but it is important to make it clear that ranked should not have jip
Look I know the old halo games didn’t have join in progress and they want to make the experience “authentic”, but there are just some quality of life things that make games better overall and this is one of them, it’s like updating the graphics and improving connections with servers

Jip is simply a staple of modern gaming and should be included even if it’s for remastered games. 343 clearly thinks it is a good thing because it’s in halo 5, now time to add it into mcc as well.

One person leaving should not signal the end of the game because we all know the side that has 4 is going to win over 90% of the time unless there is a large skill imbalance in the match. It would also lead to faster matchmaking because allowing jip will increase the potential number of available games when someone joins the queue

However it must be implemented correctly, and as we know jip can have annoying side effects which should be minimized as much as possible. First, after a certain point in the game jip should be shut off. Nobody likes to join a game just to have it end 2 minutes later there should still be enough time to make a difference and play the game

Second, people don’t want to jip repeatedly and feel like they are never put in a new game. So the rule must be that the same person is never used for jip 2 games in a row. At most they will have 1 jip, 1 normal, 1 jip, 1 normal etc

Jip is a an essential feature of multiplayer gaming in this generation, and it should be put in asap, with the restrictions i mentioned so that it doesn’t frustrate players and only improves the experience
One simple problem with your logic: The original Halo games are not from this generation of multiplayer games. Furthermore, the games on the MCC are ported re-releases of older, original games.

They should be true to their original releases, and should not have join in progress.

One simple problem with your logic: The original Halo games are not from this generation of multiplayer games. Furthermore, the games on the MCC are ported re-releases of older, original games.

They should be true to their original releases, and should not have join in progress.
I literally addressed this in the first paragraph of my post. There is no problem with my logic it’s very simple. The benefits of jip greatly outweigh the cons (including not being “true” to the original), which is why this feature is present in EVERY modern multiplayer fps game

If they changed the gun balance or map layout that would be not true to the original, this doesn’t fall into the gameplay category. It falls into the quality of life category and that needs to be improved regardless of tradition
Oh man please no that ruined Halo 4 for me and so many people. It wasn't fun or fair to get thrown in a game where you are losing by 2 in CTF. It should be an option if players want it or not.
No thanks, I'd rather not have 1 in every 2 games be a beatdown because I got JIP'd. Nobody wants to take an -Yoink- kicking on someone elses behalf, how many games do JIPs actually win? Maybe 1 in 10 at most because by time someone quits out and JIPs you're already like 20 kills down. If I get JIP'd I'd just quit out, I don't have time to take someone else's L. Let's be real here, they would have to force JIP because if they added an option to JIP nobody would ever do it and if you have to FORCE people then clearly it's detrimental to the player experience. Never once have I been in a 2v4 and thought "Hmmm I really wish some other random would join to get stomped with us." Or "Wow! I'm really glad I found this game after 35 seconds and not 45. Now I can get my -Yoink- pushed in for 2 minutes and then look for a real game. Thank you JIP, very cool" Quitters should face harsher penalties if you want to keep people from bailing out. Don't ruin the MCC like they did H5. Give me a fat JIP exp bonus and maybe I'd consider opting in to a JIP check box
JIP seemed like a good idea for 4. But it was an awful idea. The perk was being able to fill spots from those who quit. The flaw was that JIP's usually only joined the losing side.

Back when i played H4 on the 360, i would tend to get JIP on the losing side when the match was either halfway over or just about to finish.
They need to add it but just for social, and make something to assure that player that joins does it in good conditions, because at least in Halo 5 (as far i remember) in Warzone Assault it worked almost flawlessly, it was pretty well done, it found a players seconds after the match started and it was pretty rare to get into match that was almost lost or basically ended, the tweaks on it were very obvious to me, and if Invasion someday becomes social it NEEDS jip, just the fact that even in OG Reach an awful number of matches started 4/5v6, because people didn't like the map and quit while the game was starting, was just a shame.
Oh man please no that ruined Halo 4 for me and so many people. It wasn't fun or fair to get thrown in a game where you are losing by 2 in CTF. It should be an option if players want it or not.
That’s why i said there needs to be a point at which jip shuts off. It’s also not fun or fair to play 3v4 and know you’re going to lose whenever someone leaves.

Those games are just ruined when there could have been a comeback or at least a much more fun game if someone had joined to help that team

Also as I mentioned it can’t have 2 jip in a row so you are guaranteed a new game at least once every 2 games
When H4 introduced JIP I would rage almost every team when I was thrown into lopsided games. When H5 came around, whatever algorithm they used they really nailed it. Sure you join a few screwed matches, but a decent number of matches are pretty even. Going back and playing Reach in the MCC and ending up in a 2v4 situation where I am forced to quit really sobered me up to how nice JIP is. It sucks to join a losing match, but it sucks even more to be forced to quit a game because more than half the team called it quits. I am all for adding JIP to every game in the collection if possible. At the least re-enable JIP for 4.
tuhin94 wrote:
I feel a better route would be to give players the option to JIP. In H5, I was almost always placed on the losing team when I joined a match in progress. Not many people leave winning teams. Some people are okay with joining a losing team if it means finding a match quickly, but not everyone is and allowing players to be able to choose could be a good balance.
Giving people the option may work, but it would also decrease the effectiveness because not everyone will opt in

I think limiting the jip to 1 game before you are guaranteed a new game is a good compromise.
When Reach introduced JIP I would rage almost every team when I was thrown into lopsided games. Halo 4 I can't really recall the JIP experience, but H5 really nailed it. Sure you join a few screwed matches, but a decent number of matches are pretty even. Going back and playing Reach in the MCC and ending up in a 2v4 situation where I am forced to quit really sobered me up to how nice JIP is. It sucks to join a losing match, but it sucks even more to be forced to quit a game because more than half the team called it quits. I am all for adding JIP to every game in the collection if possible. At the least re-enable JIP for Reach and 4.
Jip wasnt in the original reach, it debuted in halo 4.
tuhin94 wrote:
Giving people the option may work, but it would also decrease the effectiveness because not everyone will opt in

I think limiting the jip to 1 game before you are guaranteed a new game is a good compromise.
Nobody wants to get into insta losses. Most JIP games are going be losing games
Bobross343 wrote:
tuhin94 wrote:

Nobody wants to get into insta losses. Most JIP games are going be losing games
Exactly. Doesn’t make sense to force more players to be on a team getting wrecked, even if it is for only one match. It always left a sour taste in my mouth when I was thrown into a crappy match.
Idk, honestly being in a lopsided match doesn't bother me much. I rather enjoy trying to beat a team of 4, with only 2 people. Anyways, I'd rather not ever have to join a match in progress. I'd rather it just be like it always was, win some, lose some, have 4v4 games, and have some lopsided games....
When Reach introduced JIP I would rage almost every team when I was thrown into lopsided games. Halo 4 I can't really recall the JIP experience, but H5 really nailed it. Sure you join a few screwed matches, but a decent number of matches are pretty even. Going back and playing Reach in the MCC and ending up in a 2v4 situation where I am forced to quit really sobered me up to how nice JIP is. It sucks to join a losing match, but it sucks even more to be forced to quit a game because more than half the team called it quits. I am all for adding JIP to every game in the collection if possible. At the least re-enable JIP for Reach and 4.
Jip wasnt in the original reach, it debuted in halo 4.
False memory then! I'll update my post and switch it to H4 because thats were its most likely coming from.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2