Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Add weapon skins and daily challenges

OP ShadoWawker

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I enjoy the mcc, but I only end up playing it once or twice a week. This is because it doesn’t give me a good reason to log in every day like many other games do.

343 should add things that people want to grind for, the current battle pass does not do this because it’s all armor cosmetics and I really don’t care how my character looks at all because it’s an fps so I never see him except if I’m doing an action that switches to 3rd person

The only cosmetics I would care about unlocking are weapon skins. This along with adding in daily challenges that award battle pass xp would get me to log in every day and play this game a lot more for those skins. I believe it would have the same effect on many people who own this game but don’t play it often. And the people who do play often would probably play even more so if the goal is to increase player engagement with mcc (which it is) I guarantee this would work

Edit: I think it would be best if the daily challenges were multiplayer only because that is of course the mode that most people play. If there were challenges for campaign and firefight I would not be completing them which defeats the purpose
Couldn't agree more.
360's Reach added 4 daily challenges and a weekly challenge. Sometimes, it would be for the campaign, some for multiplayer, some for firefight mp. Those challenge bonuses can help with leveling up. Had a match on 360 Reach that somehow made my thrown AR (picked up the DMR) and it was red when it went up the lift on Sword Base. That's just one of the custom skins that would be cool to see.
Here's the pic: https://www.deviantart.com/qualiva/art/Red-Assault-Rifle-442654956
Daily challenges: yes absolutely.

Weapon skins: no thank you.
360's Reach added 4 daily challenges and a weekly challenge. Sometimes, it would be for the campaign, some for multiplayer, some for firefight mp. Those challenge bonuses can help with leveling up. Had a match on 360 Reach that somehow made my thrown AR (picked up the DMR) and it was red when it went up the lift on Sword Base. That's just one of the custom skins that would be cool to see.
Here's the pic: https://www.deviantart.com/qualiva/art/Red-Assault-Rifle-442654956
That skin looks pretty good, and I hope the challenges would only be for multiplayer
They're planning on adding challenges in the future for season points.
Yes to challenges - Has anyone else noticed how pointless it is to play the bonus round of firefight ?

I wouldn't mind seeing more halo skins in Halo 4, but other than that.. I can't say I like or dislike the idea for skins in other halo's.
J my Angel wrote:
Daily challenges: yes absolutely.

Weapon skins: no thank you.
Why would you say no to weapon skins? It’s boring looking at the same guns constantly this would make the game much better and more interesting

These are cosmetic options which means if you don’t like them, then don’t use them. They are not automatically equipped and you are not forced to equip them. Everyone else having more options to choose from does not affect you negatively

Your experience remains the same and mine gets significantly better
LUKEPOWA wrote:
They're planning on adding challenges in the future for season points.
That’s good but it’s meaningless if the reward you get from those challenges Isn’t anything we want.

Getting xp from challenges in order to get armor pieces is still a waste of time. Weapon skins would make the time worth it
What would really keep people coming back, is having double XP featured playlists, or scheduled double XP times, like every other weekend, etc... It'd be cool if weapon skins did keep people coming back, but with all the shiny games out there, coupled with short attention spans, if the Halos on MCC doesn't grab their attention, then a weapon skin won't, for more than a day.
Challenges are confirmed to be coming as evident in MCC's December Development Update:
Quote:
The team has also been working on many additional features for MCC:
  • Challenges
  • Message of the Day on PC
  • Server Ping list on PC
  • Push to talk: Adding an option for open mic and support for controllers
  • UI/UX Improvements around navigation, Roster, customization and many more areas of the game
  • Stability Improvements and bug fixing
I can see more weapon skins being added only in Halo 4 as the collection is missing cosmetics from the Championship Bundle DLC.
J my Angel wrote:
Daily challenges: yes absolutely.

Weapon skins: no thank you.
Why would you say no to weapon skins? It’s boring looking at the same guns constantly this would make the game much better and more interesting

Because majority of the time we don’t play To look at our gun& we always trade it for a better Weapon lying on the ground

Adding it won’t make it better & interesting, Gamemode rotations/refreshes along with community feedback like Challenges makes MCC better
J my Angel wrote:
Daily challenges: yes absolutely.

Weapon skins: no thank you.
Why would you say no to weapon skins? It’s boring looking at the same guns constantly this would make the game much better and more interesting

These are cosmetic options which means if you don’t like them, then don’t use them. They are not automatically equipped and you are not forced to equip them. Everyone else having more options to choose from does not affect you negatively

Your experience remains the same and mine gets significantly better
Weapon skins were not apart of Reach at launch, so they don't belong in Reach. You can always unlock weapon skins in Halo 5.
J my Angel wrote:
Daily challenges: yes absolutely.

Weapon skins: no thank you.
Why would you say no to weapon skins? It’s boring looking at the same guns constantly this would make the game much better and more interesting

These are cosmetic options which means if you don’t like them, then don’t use them. They are not automatically equipped and you are not forced to equip them. Everyone else having more options to choose from does not affect you negatively

Your experience remains the same and mine gets significantly better
Well said. While i don't know if Halo 3's Avalanche has snow skinned weapons, i do know that the vehicles have a snow skin. It adds variety.
Just look at call of duty. Why else is it so popular besides the gameplay? Weapon skins.
J my Angel wrote:
Daily challenges: yes absolutely.

Weapon skins: no thank you.
Why would you say no to weapon skins?
Because it smells like Halo 5, and I don't like that smell. I agree with Baller, they don't belong in Reach.
J my Angel wrote:
Daily challenges: yes absolutely.

Weapon skins: no thank you.
Why would you say no to weapon skins? It’s boring looking at the same guns constantly this would make the game much better and more interesting

These are cosmetic options which means if you don’t like them, then don’t use them. They are not automatically equipped and you are not forced to equip them. Everyone else having more options to choose from does not affect you negatively

Your experience remains the same and mine gets significantly better
Weapon skins were not apart of Reach at launch, so they don't belong in Reach. You can always unlock weapon skins in Halo 5.
You missed the entire point of my post. The idea is to get people to play more MCC, halo 5 has nothing to do with it.

And im not just talking about reach im talking about adding skins to every game in mcc. If they can change the balance of gameplay (the most important thing by far) they can add skins it’s really not a big deal

Here’s the best part: YOU DONT HAVE TO USE THEM, so just keep the boring default skins equipped and pretend the new ones aren’t there if you think they don’t belong. Problem solved, you’re welcome. It has zero effect on you and makes the game better for a lot of other people. It is a win-neutral situation which is a net positive.
Challenges are confirmed to be coming as evident in MCC's December Development Update:
Quote:
The team has also been working on many additional features for MCC:
  • Challenges
  • Message of the Day on PC
  • Server Ping list on PC
  • Push to talk: Adding an option for open mic and support for controllers
  • UI/UX Improvements around navigation, Roster, customization and many more areas of the game
  • Stability Improvements and bug fixing
I can see more weapon skins being added only in Halo 4 as the collection is missing cosmetics from the Championship Bundle DLC.
It would be nice if they add those in but I’m talking about new skins for every game in the mcc.

It would have no downsides and get people to play more which is their goal
Yes to all of this!
I want the challenges for all three modes. I dont see the point in limiting to just multiplayer.

Not everyone can get the multiplayer ones every day. I often have poor connections where I dump an entire mag into an opponent's head only for me get get dropped in two hits.

For some challenges on the 360 you also have to do a custom map.
J my Angel wrote:
J my Angel wrote:
Daily challenges: yes absolutely.

Weapon skins: no thank you.
Why would you say no to weapon skins?
Because it smells like Halo 5, and I don't like that smell. I agree with Baller, they don't belong in Reach.
Actually they belong in all games of the mcc im not just talking about reach. Smells like halo 5 lol as if halo 5 pioneered the idea of having weapon skins

This is commonplace and present in every modern fps game and it would lead to increased playtime with no downsides. As ive said several times, don’t like it? Don’t use it
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2