Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Add weapon skins and daily challenges

OP ShadoWawker

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
J my Angel wrote:
J my Angel wrote:
Daily challenges: yes absolutely.

Weapon skins: no thank you.
Actually they belong in all games of the mcc im not just talking about reach. Smells like halo 5 lol as if halo 5 pioneered the idea of having weapon skins

This is commonplace and present in every modern fps game and it would lead to increased playtime with no downsides. As ive said several times, don’t like it? Don’t use it
Yes I refer (and compare) to Halo 5 as this is a Halo forum and I don't want any of these games to become anything like Halo 5.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members or post inappropriate comments.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Clueded wrote:
Haha nice try buddy. You think you’re so cool cuz you’re old school lol. Not only do I not play fortnite, I did play the old halo games when they first came out, halo 2 being my favorite

You are the clown if you don’t recognize that mcc must be modernized in order to retain players, increase player engagement, and even grow the population if they do it right. They have even added a battle pass, the signature feature of fortnite into the game. Did the old games have a battle pass? No, and they DID IT ANYWAY. Clearly they are more aligned with me on this than they are with you, dinosaur.

I loved the old games during their time, but you need to stop living in the past and accept the present. Weapon skins are in every single modern multiplayer fps game, for good reason. Mcc released in 2014 not 2002 LOL it’s time to let go old man.
Clueded wrote:
Haha nice try buddy. You think you’re so cool cuz you’re old school lol. Not only do I not play fortnite, I did play the old halo games when they first came out, halo 2 being my favorite

You are the clown if you don’t recognize that mcc must be modernized in order to retain players, increase player engagement, and even grow the population if they do it right. They have even added a battle pass, the signature feature of fortnite into the game. Did the old games have a battle pass? No, and they DID IT ANYWAY. Clearly they are more aligned with me on this than they are with you, dinosaur.

I loved the old games during their time, but you need to stop living in the past and accept the present. Weapon skins are in every single modern multiplayer fps game, for good reason. Mcc released in 2014 not 2002 LOL it’s time to let go old man.
Looking at all of the Halo 4 weapon skins that never made the cross over from the 360 version, there is tonnes of skins that they could add (including cut content ones) I have mentioned this before in other posts.

Take a look - https://www.halopedia.org/Weapon_skins_(Halo_4)

Could be a middle ground to peace? XD
J my Angel wrote:
J my Angel wrote:
J my Angel wrote:
Daily challenges: yes absolutely.

Weapon skins: no thank you.
Actually they belong in all games of the mcc im not just talking about reach. Smells like halo 5 lol as if halo 5 pioneered the idea of having weapon skins

This is commonplace and present in every modern fps game and it would lead to increased playtime with no downsides. As ive said several times, don’t like it? Don’t use it
Yes I refer (and compare) to Halo 5 as this is a Halo forum and I don't want any of these games to become anything like Halo 5.
You can want what you want but you know what’s more important? What 343 wants, which is for people to play this game more. That can be easily seen by anyone based on the actions they’ve taken.

And adding in weapon skins that can be unlocked via the battle pass would 100% accomplish this goal, with no downsides or negative effects. It is strictly positive for those who want it and neutral if you don’t want it. And those who want those skins would play more in order to unlock them, mission accomplished.
Well I believe challenges are due to come later on...via the Halo CE 'flights'.
As for weapon skins I'd rather they didn't...it was bad enough with Halo 5's awful over-saturation of them plus it doesn't look right in a military force.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
What would really keep people coming back, is having double XP featured playlists, or scheduled double XP times, like every other weekend, etc... It'd be cool if weapon skins did keep people coming back, but with all the shiny games out there, coupled with short attention spans, if the Halos on MCC doesn't grab their attention, then a weapon skin won't, for more than a day.
It will definitely work trust me. Double xp has no meaning if the stuff you end up getting as a result of it is boring and useless (armor cosmetics)

If you let people unlock things they actually care about working towards, they will spend more time playing and actually log in to complete challenges
J my Angel wrote:
Daily challenges: yes absolutely.

Weapon skins: no thank you.
You missed the entire point of my post. The idea is to get people to play more MCC, halo 5 has nothing to do with it.

And im not just talking about reach im talking about adding skins to every game in mcc. If they can change the balance of gameplay (the most important thing by far) they can add skins it’s really not a big deal

Here’s the best part: YOU DONT HAVE TO USE THEM, so just keep the boring default skins equipped and pretend the new ones aren’t there if you think they don’t belong. Problem solved, you’re welcome. It has zero effect on you and makes the game better for a lot of other people. It is a win-neutral situation which is a net positive.
What I said still applies. You can't add skins to a game that didn't launch with them. That's like adding sprint to HCE-H3.
J my Angel wrote:
Daily challenges: yes absolutely.

Weapon skins: no thank you.
You missed the entire point of my post. The idea is to get people to play more MCC, halo 5 has nothing to do with it.

And im not just talking about reach im talking about adding skins to every game in mcc. If they can change the balance of gameplay (the most important thing by far) they can add skins it’s really not a big deal

Here’s the best part: YOU DONT HAVE TO USE THEM, so just keep the boring default skins equipped and pretend the new ones aren’t there if you think they don’t belong. Problem solved, you’re welcome. It has zero effect on you and makes the game better for a lot of other people. It is a win-neutral situation which is a net positive.
What I said still applies. You can't add skins to a game that didn't launch with them. That's like adding sprint to HCE-H3.
100% wrong, unbelievably wrong in 2 ways.

First, adding sprint would be a major change in the actual GAMEPLAY, which is completely different from cosmetics only items such as weapon skins. Those do not change how the game is played one iota and therefore it does not negatively affect anyone’s experience.

Secondly, you absolutely can add skins to a game that didn’t launch with them. Did you make that rule up yourself and just expect AAA game developers to abide by it? LOL they can do whatever they want with their game there’s no law against doing this.

Perfect example that proves without any doubt that you are 100% wrong: modern warfare remastered. Another old game that was re-released in the current gen, and they added tons of new skins and even new guns that WERE NOT IN THE ORIGINAL. Again, you could not be more wrong about this.
Clueded wrote:
Clueded wrote:
yes you are right they should add skins I really want to flex my pink unicorn skin jokes go play fortnite you new gens how about they remove thrust from halo 5 that would make you kiddies mad so leave the old halo games alone and stop giving bad feedback you might as well dress up as clown:)
Haha nice try buddy. You think you’re so cool cuz you’re old school lol. Not only do I not play fortnite, I did play the old halo games when they first came out, halo 2 being my favorite

You are the clown if you don’t recognize that mcc must be modernized in order to retain players, increase player engagement, and even grow the population if they do it right. They have even added a battle pass, the signature feature of fortnite into the game. Did the old games have a battle pass? No, and they DID IT ANYWAY. Clearly they are more aligned with me on this than they are with you, dinosaur.

I loved the old games during their time, but you need to stop living in the past and accept the present. Weapon skins are in every single modern multiplayer fps game, for good reason. Mcc released in 2014 not 2002 LOL it’s time to let go old man.
Looking at all of the Halo 4 weapon skins that never made the cross over from the 360 version, there is tonnes of skins that they could add (including cut content ones) I have mentioned this before in other posts.

Take a look - https://www.halopedia.org/Weapon_skins_(Halo_4)

Could be a middle ground to peace? XD
you said halo 4 lol
Halo 4 does have weapon skins, a lot of them never made the leap to MCC. It would mean not changing the current weapons but giving us what was already availible on the halo 4 360 version. I count this as a win - win. lol
J my Angel wrote:
Daily challenges: yes absolutely.

Weapon skins: no thank you.
100% wrong, unbelievably wrong in 2 ways.

First, adding sprint would be a major change in the actual GAMEPLAY, which is completely different from cosmetics only items such as weapon skins. Those do not change how the game is played one iota and therefore it does not negatively affect anyone’s experience.

Secondly, you absolutely can add skins to a game that didn’t launch with them. Did you make that rule up yourself and just expect AAA game developers to abide by it? LOL they can do whatever they want with their game there’s no law against doing this.

Perfect example that proves without any doubt that you are 100% wrong: modern warfare remastered. Another old game that was re-released in the current gen, and they added tons of new skins and even new guns that WERE NOT IN THE ORIGINAL. Again, you could not be more wrong about this.
Obviously, you misunderstood. Yes, they can add skins but, they shouldn't. I personally don't have a problem with it but what about the majority of the community. I'm sure people don't want their precious H3 to have weapons skins which makes it feel like a different game than the one they played 10+ years ago. Even if it was optional and they themselves wouldn't be able to see it, it's the fact that it I there. You know how this community is. Sprint was just an example of adding things that weren't originally in the game.
J my Angel wrote:
Daily challenges: yes absolutely.

Weapon skins: no thank you.
100% wrong, unbelievably wrong in 2 ways.

First, adding sprint would be a major change in the actual GAMEPLAY, which is completely different from cosmetics only items such as weapon skins. Those do not change how the game is played one iota and therefore it does not negatively affect anyone’s experience.

Secondly, you absolutely can add skins to a game that didn’t launch with them. Did you make that rule up yourself and just expect AAA game developers to abide by it? LOL they can do whatever they want with their game there’s no law against doing this.

Perfect example that proves without any doubt that you are 100% wrong: modern warfare remastered. Another old game that was re-released in the current gen, and they added tons of new skins and even new guns that WERE NOT IN THE ORIGINAL. Again, you could not be more wrong about this.
Obviously, you misunderstood. Yes, they can add skins but, they shouldn't. I personally don't have a problem with it but what about the majority of the community. I'm sure people don't want their precious H3 to have weapons skins which makes it feel like a different game than the one they played 10+ years ago. Even if it was optional and they themselves wouldn't be able to see it, it's the fact that it I there. You know how this community is. Sprint was just an example of adding things that weren't originally in the game.
No I obviously did not misunderstand. You used the word “can’t” not shouldn’t. If you meant shouldn’t you should have used shouldn’t. Can’t means something entirely different and implies they are unable to do something or not allowed to do something, which is not the case at all.

You personally have no problem with my idea and yet you argue against it, that makes no sense. If you have no problem with it then you should support it because it will make the game better, not argue against it because you think that would be the popular opinion in the playerbase, which I disagree with.

Something that you admit is optional, that they could simply ignore and would have no impact on their experience, is really going to make people mad? That’s an incredibly weak argument. Their precious halo 3 will feel EXACTLY the same because they won’t be using those skins, there will not be one bit of difference in their gameplay experience before and after. Which means they won’t care.
I'm going to be that person and just say that weapon skins don't really do anything for me, and it would annoy me if they got in the way of the old school Reach unlocks that I'd like to work toward while progressing on the season or whatever it is.

If there was some work around to this, fine - cosmetics that I don't care about I don't care about.

Might be worth making a poll over in the polling area (if one hasn't been made already) to see what people think.
J my Angel wrote:
Daily challenges: yes absolutely.

Weapon skins: no thank you.
100% wrong, unbelievably wrong in 2 ways.

First, adding sprint would be a major change in the actual GAMEPLAY, which is completely different from cosmetics only items such as weapon skins. Those do not change how the game is played one iota and therefore it does not negatively affect anyone’s experience.

Secondly, you absolutely can add skins to a game that didn’t launch with them. Did you make that rule up yourself and just expect AAA game developers to abide by it? LOL they can do whatever they want with their game there’s no law against doing this.

Perfect example that proves without any doubt that you are 100% wrong: modern warfare remastered. Another old game that was re-released in the current gen, and they added tons of new skins and even new guns that WERE NOT IN THE ORIGINAL. Again, you could not be more wrong about this.
Obviously, you misunderstood. Yes, they can add skins but, they shouldn't. I personally don't have a problem with it but what about the majority of the community. I'm sure people don't want their precious H3 to have weapons skins which makes it feel like a different game than the one they played 10+ years ago. Even if it was optional and they themselves wouldn't be able to see it, it's the fact that it I there. You know how this community is. Sprint was just an example of adding things that weren't originally in the game.
No I obviously did not misunderstand. You used the word “can’t” not shouldn’t. If you meant shouldn’t you should have used shouldn’t. Can’t means something entirely different and implies they are unable to do something or not allowed to do something, which is not the case at all.

You personally have no problem with my idea and yet you argue against it, that makes no sense. If you have no problem with it then you should support it because it will make the game better, not argue against it because you think that would be the popular opinion in the playerbase, which I disagree with.

Something that you admit is optional, that they could simply ignore and would have no impact on their experience, is really going to make people mad? That’s an incredibly weak argument. Their precious halo 3 will feel EXACTLY the same because they won’t be using those skins, there will not be one bit of difference in their gameplay experience before and after. Which means they won’t care.
Right, but you yourself said it would be a remaster. In that case, would we have H2 original, H2A, then H2 Remastered with Sprint, and weapon skins? Getting rid of the original games, CE, 2, and 3, won't happen, as a handful, if any people, want Sprint on it? That then makes the composer more divided, taking the finding of games longer. Once again though, I'm biased, as I don't see how a weapon skin would keep people playing. H5 had plenty of those, and you see how divisive that game is.
J my Angel wrote:
Daily challenges: yes absolutely.

Weapon skins: no thank you.
No I obviously did not misunderstand. You used the word “can’t” not shouldn’t. If you meant shouldn’t you should have used shouldn’t. Can’t means something entirely different and implies they are unable to do something or not allowed to do something, which is not the case at all.

You personally have no problem with my idea and yet you argue against it, that makes no sense. If you have no problem with it then you should support it because it will make the game better, not argue against it because you think that would be the popular opinion in the playerbase, which I disagree with.

Something that you admit is optional, that they could simply ignore and would have no impact on their experience, is really going to make people mad? That’s an incredibly weak argument. Their precious halo 3 will feel EXACTLY the same because they won’t be using those skins, there will not be one bit of difference in their gameplay experience before and after. Which means they won’t care.
Well I meant shouldn't, people make mistakes in case you didn't know. Who said this was an argument? I'm not against it. Read again, I am informing you. It's not a weak argument if I'm not arguing, I thought we were just discussing here. My bad I didn't know you were so sensitive about this topic. Like I said before you know this community. Even if something is optional and won't impact their experience they will be mad because they know it exists that's how people are. Then again you must be new around here and if that's the case then, welcome.
Weapon skins for MCC halos, disagree. Daily and Weekly challenges on some sort or randomised rotation would be good though.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2