Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] Adding Bots into Offline Custom Games.

OP Colbolt96

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
- deleted, accidental double post-
Well since infinite is made through a completely different engine its not impossible to see multiply bots.
Darkzero45 wrote:
Well since infinite is made through a completely different engine its not impossible to see multiply bots.
Absolutely, if they go that route that would be really cool
Darkzero45 wrote:
Absolutely, if they go that route that would be really cool
#343_Industries You hearing this! Let's make the Multiplayer of Halo Infinite "Infinitely" replayable ;)
As others have said, it would be great in a dream world, but, realistically, there is no way it's going to happen. MCC for the MacBook Pro is more realistic than bots being added, unfortunately.
Wait. What about the AI they have for campaign games? Why not patch a version of that into MP for bits? I know this is a dumb question but as the ai that is needed does already exist in a separate file in the games, could it be possible to do that?
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I am all for multiplayer bots in Halo. Although I know the limitations of the engine, I believe it is possible, but with a ton of work.

The Ideal Bot
When I imagine multiplayer bots, I think of the ones from Call of Duty. Those bots are some of the best MP bots I practice with. For us to be able to add bots into the Blam! engine, we would have to study the ones in Call of Duty. How do they work, why do they work, and how to implant. I'm not sure if the bots from Call of Duty are scripted separately from the campaign A.I., or if they are what I call, "human recorded," where the A.I. records a human player's actions in a match, and then are scripted to mimic the human's plays. Learning how Call of Duty does it is, in my opinion, the first step for getting bots in multiplayer.

Current MP A.I.
The current way of having bots in multiplayer are spawning bipeds and have them puppeted by A.I. scripts, which in turn, gives you bots shooting at something until either the thing dies or the A.I. runs out of ammo. We would need the bots to play like humans if we want an "authentic" multiplayer match.
I know you can add "bots" in customs for Reach but that is all. They are not able to move or shoot but, they are the same as multiplayer elites/spartans. Not to mention that they can be used online as well, not outside of customs or forge though.
Player/s vs AI mode
I am all for multiplayer bots in Halo. Although I know the limitations of the engine, I believe it is possible, but with a ton of work.
The Ideal BotWhen I imagine multiplayer bots, I think of the ones from Call of Duty. Those bots are some of the best MP bots I practice with. For us to be able to add bots into the Blam! engine, we would have to study the ones in Call of Duty. How do they work, why do they work, and how to implant. I'm not sure if the bots from Call of Duty are scripted separately from the campaign A.I., or if they are what I call, "human recorded," where the A.I. records a human player's actions in a match, and then are scripted to mimic the human's plays. Learning how Call of Duty does it is, in my opinion, the first step for getting bots in multiplayer.

Current MP A.I. The current way of having bots in multiplayer are spawning bipeds and have them puppeted by A.I. scripts, which in turn, gives you bots shooting at something until either the thing dies or the A.I. runs out of ammo. We would need the bots to play like humans if we want an "authentic" multiplayer match.
That's a very creative line of thinking, but it simply will not work in the earlier iterations of Blam!
Naukrai wrote:
Naukrai wrote:
I did a post on this as well. A bot multiplayer mode would be great, so niche game types that not much people play could be enjoyed. Additionally, when the community eventually dies down, bots would keep the multiplayer alive. I want to be able to enjoy multiplayer even after everyone else has moved to other games. I think bots/AI players would be a great addition to the game.
But, again, it won't happen, at least not in any games in the MCC.
So what if the file sizes are increased. They could make it an optional download - Campaign | Online Multiplayer | Offline Multiplayer. Additionally, they could re-write the objectives so that it’s like a new game mode entirely, but plays out the same. At the least, if they don’t do that, hopefully firefight (assuming they bring it) could be expanded upon. Perhaps you can play firefight on multiplayer maps and make your own custom games for firefight, and choose where the AI spawn. I hate the fact that in Reach you can only play Firefight in the few maps that they give you. Plus, imagine being able to make your own mini levels or what not. So I don’t think it’s completely out of the realm of possibility.
God, it must be really nice to say whatever you want when you know absolutely nothing about game development or the engine in question.

Blam doesn't do multiplayer bots. They do not work, they do not sync over multiplayer, they can't be made to play objectives, they cannot navigate some of the maps, they cannot use teleporters, they cannot pick up weapons off the ground, they cannot drive vehicles effectively without scripted paths (in Halo 1), people including myself have been trying to make AI do things for over a DECADE. All you can do is throw in AI tags and have them just stand there shooting at enemies until they die, and that increases the filesize of the map from 20mb to over 100+ mb sometimes. A patch of that size for every game would possibly be bigger than the entire MCC itself. It's not going to happen, and no amount of ignorant arguments or ideas you throw out will make it happen.
Hey, hey, ease up. It's an expression of interest. One that I happen to share.
You know that was WELL over a year ago?
Naukrai wrote:
Naukrai wrote:
I did a post on this as well. A bot multiplayer mode would be great, so niche game types that not much people play could be enjoyed. Additionally, when the community eventually dies down, bots would keep the multiplayer alive. I want to be able to enjoy multiplayer even after everyone else has moved to other games. I think bots/AI players would be a great addition to the game.
But, again, it won't happen, at least not in any games in the MCC.
So what if the file sizes are increased. They could make it an optional download - Campaign | Online Multiplayer | Offline Multiplayer. Additionally, they could re-write the objectives so that it’s like a new game mode entirely, but plays out the same. At the least, if they don’t do that, hopefully firefight (assuming they bring it) could be expanded upon. Perhaps you can play firefight on multiplayer maps and make your own custom games for firefight, and choose where the AI spawn. I hate the fact that in Reach you can only play Firefight in the few maps that they give you. Plus, imagine being able to make your own mini levels or what not. So I don’t think it’s completely out of the realm of possibility.
God, it must be really nice to say whatever you want when you know absolutely nothing about game development or the engine in question.

Blam doesn't do multiplayer bots. They do not work, they do not sync over multiplayer, they can't be made to play objectives, they cannot navigate some of the maps, they cannot use teleporters, they cannot pick up weapons off the ground, they cannot drive vehicles effectively without scripted paths (in Halo 1), people including myself have been trying to make AI do things for over a DECADE. All you can do is throw in AI tags and have them just stand there shooting at enemies until they die, and that increases the filesize of the map from 20mb to over 100+ mb sometimes. A patch of that size for every game would possibly be bigger than the entire MCC itself. It's not going to happen, and no amount of ignorant arguments or ideas you throw out will make it happen.
Hey, hey, ease up. It's an expression of interest. One that I happen to share.
You know that was WELL over a year ago?
You know I wasn't HERE a year ago?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2