Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Adding Player Made Maps to Multiplayer

OP DesertRobot111

I've been grinding a lot of Halo 2A multiplayer trying to get the rock and coil hit back achievement and honestly the maps selection is just really really tiny. Not to mention that there's only 2 maps that you can even try to get environmental kills on. Now I'm not saying that they should only add community forged maps that you can get environmental kills on, but I think they should add atleast 3 or 4 more maps and atleast 1 that has that opportunity. I mean, Halo 2A's forge is really pretty good. The fact that there's so few games in Halo 2A's multiplayer rotation really sucks. If they announced something like a contest to accept maps, I know there'd be a ton of forgers that would jump at the opportunity.
I think that would be big news in the Halo community if they allowed that. But didn't they do something like this in Halo 5? I could be mistaken.
There was a forge contest for H2A maps, and the top 3 were supposed to be added to matchmaking if I’m not mistaken. This was years ago, and I’ve heard nothing about it since. Last I heard it was going to happen still, but again, haven’t heard in a long time. Pretty sure it was a ForgeHub contest?
I think that would be big news in the Halo community if they allowed that. But didn't they do something like this in Halo 5? I could be mistaken.
I know they did it in Reach, I'm not sure about 5
There was a forge contest for H2A maps, and the top 3 were supposed to be added to matchmaking if I’m not mistaken. This was years ago, and I’ve heard nothing about it since. Last I heard it was going to happen still, but again, haven’t heard in a long time. Pretty sure it was a ForgeHub contest?
The Forgetacular contest, yes. They are currently working on building a pipeline that allows them to put user-generated content in Matchmaking.
omarlotrc wrote:
The Forgetacular contest, yes. They are currently working on building a pipeline that allows them to put user-generated content in Matchmaking.
"Currently"? Has there been an update recently? I haven't heard anything official about it for a very long time.
omarlotrc wrote:
What do you mean by “building a pipeline?”
H2A needs more diversity. After 5-10 games you tend to get bored of the same maps.
Shadowrend wrote:
omarlotrc wrote:
Essentially, they need to do some stuff before user-generated content can make its way into Matchmaking.
omarlotrc wrote:
Shadowrend wrote:
omarlotrc wrote:
Essentially, they need to do some stuff before user-generated content can make its way into Matchmaking.
You mean to tell me they don’t currently have the ability to do this? That is... sad.
Glad it's on the way
I had this answered recently. Postums answered it for me. Give a moment to copy and paste. I don't know how to make a link.
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/84ad72a8b51847978545f685f651fc15/topics/halo-2a-community-maps/b91b5e99-04aa-489b-902b-17735fd0c53f/posts?page=1#post8

Well... I got the link address, but don't know how make it a link...
LJ 215 wrote:
You have to click the chain link icon (Insert/edit link) in the text box and then follow its instructions.

Link.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
LJ 215 wrote:
You have to click the chain link icon (Insert/edit link) in the text box and then follow its instructions.

Link.
I'm just confused by what they mean by "pipeline?" Why would they need a pipeline? I don't think anyone is asking for a direct or automated service that collects maps and puts them in matchmaking. Is it a problem with adding maps to the matchmaking rotation? Literally all that's expected was to take these maps and put them in matchmaking. I don't think anyone has asked for this "pipeline" if I'm interpreting what it is correctly.
When Reach comes out, I'm hoping they can bring the Invasion gametype to H2A as there is great ability to forge some cool maps, as well as having playable elites.