Skip to main content
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
We’ve had reach and 3 for the majority of seasons. It’s like H2a 2c don’t exist for 343. H3 is not the only game in the “collection”
We’ve had reach and 3 for the majority of seasons. It’s like H2a 2c don’t exist for 343. H3 is not the only game in the “collection”
But adding things into H2 is so much more difficult because of the engine - H2C/H2V's code is a buggy mess under the hood, sneeze and you might break it. H2A has more possibilities but even then is tricky to add new things into.

Halo 3 on the other hand had assets available in-engine already because Halo Online was the H3 engine so was much easier to work with.
MorseyBaby wrote:
But adding things into H2 is so much more difficult because of the engine - H2C/H2V's code is a buggy mess under the hood, sneeze and you might break it. H2A has more possibilities but even then is tricky to add new things into.

Halo 3 on the other hand had assets available in-engine already because Halo Online was the H3 engine so was much easier to work with.
H2 has to honor guard, different elite skins. There is content to be used for players.
The size of this update alone lol geez compression of files is a thing.
MorseyBaby wrote:

Please stop with this rumor its just simply not true. Another developer which I can't say here without the comment being removed uses the same vista port 343 uses. They are able to add modding, super jumps, skins, anything you can think of and they have much less resources than 343, The reason you gave is just an excuse for them not to touch the game because it is beyond their capacity to fix it.
MorseyBaby wrote:

Please stop with this rumor its just simply not true. Another developer which I can't say here without the comment being removed uses the same vista port 343 uses. They are able to add modding, super jumps, skins, anything you can think of and they have much less resources than 343, The reason you gave is just an excuse for them not to touch the game because it is beyond their capacity to fix it.
I'm going to call bullyoink on that. Any modder working on Halo 2, Xbox or Vista, will tell you that it is NOT easy to work with, especially when adding original work to the game. Check out any modding forums involving Halo 2 and you will plenty of discussion on this subject.
MorseyBaby wrote:

I'm going to call bullyoink on that. Any modder working on Halo 2, Xbox or Vista, will tell you that it is NOT easy to work with, especially when adding original work to the game. Check out any modding forums involving Halo 2 and you will plenty of discussion on this subject.
Thank you, helljumper.

Rabbits, it's not a rumour. The underlying H2 code is simply not in a great state unfortunately. Its biggest drawback is performance portability and parallelisation. It just happened to be a few years to early for those to be priorities for home computing.

I'm not saying it makes such work impossible- just much more difficult. Therefore why wouldn't they be working with the easier assets first?

They're not done with MCC not by a long shot and I'm sure they'll circle back round, but the H2 stuff might make more sense to tackle when there are longer seasons to work with which I'm presuming will be the case when Infinite launches
I've also been disappointed by the sheer amount of H3 content coming out. Personally I don't really care for multiplayer, so the only things that the seasons have brought for me was the Halo: Reach armors that I can use in campaign.

Also, Halo 3 anniversary! Would really love to see that.
H2 needs content so bad. They're giving H3 too much love. I agree. I believe they think it's the game that draws the most players to the "collection" in the first place.
As others have said, h3's new content is mostly stuff that was already built for its engine, that they're just porting back into it. Its not so much giving more love as just its the easiest thing to do.

As for Honorguard and Councilor elites in halo 2, outside of it being 343's odd hatred of elites, its likely these would cause a fair bit of hitbox issues. Both of these outfits have pieces that stick considerably farther out than other playable armors. Either they keep the current hitboxes and have a lot of parts without collision, or include them and including the armor is an active detriment by making you a larger target.
I've already said this before in another thread: they are milking H3 to death and IT NEEDS TO STOP. H4 and especially H2 need more content. I already stopped grinding Season 5 a while ago because I got bored quickly and I am not going to complete Season 6. If Season 7 is another H3-focused season, I will easily sit that one out.
H2 needs some love. However, as mentioned, it's nowhere near as easy as H3 or Reach. The latter is mostly restoring cut content from the game. The H2V mod is the outcome of YEARS of working and coding... And it's STILL A MESS. Not really a good comparison.

I think H2A is one that should be high priority, but that's just me. It's severely lacking content and desperately needs more sustenance to bring players back to it.
I guarantee H3 is the most popular in matchmaking. Plus it was originally the first game to have armor customizations. Thats why I assume H3 has had as many seasons as it has. When I’m customizing my skins it seems silly that I have to skip reach, 2, and 2A. It would feel more complete when or if they eventually give skins to the other games.
H3 never got an anniversary treatment, and all the love it’s been receiving seems like compensation for that. I do hope that Reach and 2A get some more customization options like skins (and more maps?), but still hyped for the new content.
New Remastered Maps for Halo 2 Anniversary would be the best new content for H2A.
If new content gets added to Halo 2 Anniversary/Classic, then more people would be more likely to it. They could also add challenges tie challenges for playing X amount of Halo 2 Anniversary/Classic games, 4v4, 8v8, objective, ranked, etc. More Remastered Maps would definitely help with these, and even more with the CGB to test the maps and play custom games with. I just hope that Halo 2 Classic/Anniversary gets its own Dedicated Season with New Remastered maps to play on.

What do you guys think and what game should get a Season Update for Season 7/Content?

Here are just some of my Ideas for a Halo 2 Themed Season, New Remastered Maps would be great though.
The size of this update alone lol geez compression of files is a thing.
Ahhh so it was a 50 gig update but a lot was reworking what already existed, for all the new stuff added I think it only tacked on an additional 6 gigs of storage.
MorseyBaby wrote:

Doesn’t really matter what you call bs on, it doesn’t take away from the fact that a developer has done it. Type in halo 2 vista pc and It pops right up, the website and all. I’m sure it’s difficult but a AAA Developer should have no problem fixing the halo 2 vista port if a group of fan modders getting paid nothing can. They even make it play like the original halo 2 on Xbox. The halo 2 vista you are playing on Mcc is the same exact port they fixed.
I've already said this before in another thread: they are milking H3 to death and IT NEEDS TO STOP. H4 and especially H2 need more content. I already stopped grinding Season 5 a while ago because I got bored quickly and I am not going to complete Season 6. If Season 7 is another H3-focused season, I will easily sit that one out.
Milking? they aren't forcing you to pay for the new halo 3 content. Literally all of these updates are free updates to a game compilation that was released in 2014, we are lucky to be getting any sort of content at all. Appreciate it while it lasts, stuff like this doesn't normally happen for most games. Plus, complaining about free content is a great way to stop getting free content.
MorseyBaby wrote:

Doesn’t really matter what you call bs on, it doesn’t take away from the fact that a developer has done it. Type in halo 2 vista pc and It pops right up, the website and all. I’m sure it’s difficult but a AAA Developer should have no problem fixing the halo 2 vista port if a group of fan modders getting paid nothing can. They even make it play like the original halo 2 on Xbox. The halo 2 vista you are playing on Mcc is the same exact port they fixed.
Except this is the MCC version of H2 which makes it even more delicate. It's been a widely known fact that H2 is held together by rubber bands and popsicle sticks. There are hundreds of modders and developers stating this.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2