Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Any chance for double XP to return?

OP Spidercolt

Many of us have been sent home from work/school or are going to be sent home in the near future. Any chance that double XP gets added back to Master Chief Collection during this time to attract more players?
A chance? Sure. But not necessarily likely. We just had a Double XP event a couple weeks ago.
I anticipate the next one will be around the launch of Halo 2: Anniversary on PC.
They listened to me! Lol
Spidercolt wrote:
They listened to me! Lol
Linking here for anyone confused."To help make your time inside a little more enjoyable, we've turned on Double XP globally for MCC and Halo 5. Additionally, logging in to Halo 5 will also earn you free Arena and Warzone XP Boost Packs weekly. Please remember to wash your hands and keep it clean."

Anyway no clue how long the double exp will last.
ronnie42 wrote:
Spidercolt wrote:
They listened to me! Lol
Linking here for anyone confused."To help make your time inside a little more enjoyable, we've turned on Double XP globally for MCC and Halo 5. Additionally, logging in to Halo 5 will also earn you free Arena and Warzone XP Boost Packs weekly. Please remember to wash your hands and keep it clean."

Is it the same as the last event we had or is it different?
I doubt it until after the launch of Halo 1 for the pc MCC. 343 wouldn't spoil us twice in one month.
Double XP is most definitely active right now, we did it 😁😁😁😁
Spidercolt wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Spidercolt wrote:
They listened to me! Lol

Is it the same as the last event we had or is it different?
Different, I think the double exp event is just 343i's way of cheering people up due to the virus that is forcing most people into national crisis that most of us are having to deal with.
Did they raise the XP cap per match?
Spidercolt wrote:
Well they enacted double XP again, the cap is currently 24k on performance, but will drop back down after they end double XP.
Spidercolt wrote:
Well they enacted double XP again, the cap is currently 24k on performance, but will drop back down after they end double XP.
You can get 36k from Firefight Arcade or Firefight Limited (just did a whole bunch of Firefight Doubles today, the games don't go long enough to reach that kind of performance bonus), but the games may run a bit longer at a full set.
It's back for a long time now bro!
Myrmidont wrote:
Spidercolt wrote:
You can get 36k from Firefight Arcade or Firefight Limited (just did a whole bunch of Firefight Doubles today, the games don't go long enough to reach that kind of performance bonus), but the games may run a bit longer at a full set.
Nice! I really only play swat, and have not did a single firefight since the relaunch of Reach. That's good to know!
when the double exp ends?
AdIesy wrote:
Whenever the Coronavirus ends lmao

In all seriousness though, it doesn’t seem to have a definitive end date yet. Seems like they’re playing it by ear as is the rest of the country with its business operation.
Nahzario wrote:
AdIesy wrote:

In all seriousness though, it doesn’t seem to have a definitive end date yet. Seems like they’re playing it by ear as is the rest of the country with its business operation.
According to the event posting on Steam, it ends April 1st, so unless official word pops up elsewhere i'd say that's our end date.
Myrmidont wrote:
Nahzario wrote:
AdIesy wrote:

According to the event posting on Steam, it ends April 1st, so unless official word pops up elsewhere i'd say that's our end date.
Ah well seems Xbox was left a bit in the dark lol. But nice to know then. Appreciate it! Gonna be taking advantage for sure. Already leveled up about 40 times since it started.