Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Any information how many XP is needed for max rank

OP TotherBIock

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Does anyone know? I realised that the gaps between the ranks get higher from tier to tier. So I guess the gaps will be really huhe in the last tiers. I think it could be around 100 million or 150?
There is a spreadsheet on someone's google drive that has a lot of detailed info on the XP required to rank up. There is still a great amount of unknown values as well. I'll link it here.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zXyECtWVTy1mjgc-epUnVY6lkM1jWWNtFCuNr_p7WhU/edit#gid=0
By my calculations...hahaha..🙂
I don't know if any official numbers have been released but it's probably a lot.
Max rank requires 1,282,608,999 XP. Good luck lol.
https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/fg7t7h/mcc_max_rank_and_other_xp_requirements/
https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/fg7t7h/mcc_max_rank_and_other_xp_requirements/
inb4, "how much daily XP do I need to reach max rank before Infinite comes out?" threads.
stupid system bring back halo 3 ranks so it makes players goto rank to get the required skill to rank up then we wouldn't have dead reach the highest level in team slayer is like a 30 what a joke and I was 2 levels away from my level 50 in hardcore btw I was dranked 5 levels because you guys don't save my data in the cloud and now I have to get on 3am to find the last games of dead hardcore and now this new update that was 60gb is worse then coronavirus
If that's true that's ridiculous. Makes grinding not even worth it.
If 1,200,000,000 was true: shame on you 343! Even if all my games from the last 10 years were taken into account I‘d probably only be around 50% of the max rank. And I guess I have about 500k multiplayer kills in all halos so I have played a lot lol.

But I am sure someone will do it. maybe it‘ll take 10 more years 10 but someone will haha
If 1,200,000,000 was true: shame on you 343! Even if all my games from the last 10 years were taken into account I‘d probably only be around 50% of the max rank. And I guess I have about 500k multiplayer kills in all halos so I have played a lot lol.

But I am sure someone will do it. maybe it‘ll take 10 more years 10 but someone will haha
That number isn't true at all.

Please support your claim with evidence. Those numbers were taken directly from the current build.

Please support your claim with evidence. Those numbers were taken directly from the current build.
Well, you can see from the spreadsheet linked above that that isn't true. Also, if you have actually played the game you would know that yourself. Even if it was this massive amount of XP it doesn't take long. Many people did it within 3 weeks.

Well considering there doesn't seem to be evidence of either claim players just have to keep playing you find out. I am on tour 4 with almost 11,000,000 xp. Does it really matter how far to max xp? I play Halo because I enjoy playing it. I don't need some arbitrary numbers to try and reach for anything. I would rather games have long term stuff for us who do play a long time. Sorry if not every thing in game is so easy every one can do it.

Well, you can see from the spreadsheet linked above that that isn't true. Also, if you have actually played the game you would know that yourself. Even if it was this massive amount of XP it doesn't take long. Many people did it within 3 weeks.
I have seen that spreadsheet and it closely matches the results I linked. But we're talking about MAX rank, not Tier 100 when you unlock all the season 1 content. At that point you're less than 1% of the total XP to get to Max rank, i.e., Tour 11 General.
I'm Level 87
  • It takes 9,211,000 to get to level 88,
I played a match and didn't skip the xp thing at the end.
LethalQ wrote:

Well considering there doesn't seem to be evidence of either claim players just have to keep playing you find out. I am on tour 4 with almost 11,000,000 xp. Does it really matter how far to max xp? I play Halo because I enjoy playing it. I don't need some arbitrary numbers to try and reach for anything. I would rather games have long term stuff for us who do play a long time. Sorry if not every thing in game is so easy every one can do it.
The numbers I linked are taken directly from the game. You can verify these by comparing the your current rank/XP shown in your in-game profile.

Regardless, I do agree with you. I play the game for fun and don't care about some arbitrary ranking system. In fact I never wanted them to add it anyway because it wasn't necessary and was time/resources that could have been spent on other improvements. It also shows how poorly it was implemented and has been almost universally disliked. They would have been better off not doing it all.

But for those that wanted the progression system, now they have one that reaching max rank is basically impossible unless you dedicate your life to it. Congratulations?
The XP gains aren't looking pretty. It's confirmed that to reach the max level of tour 6, which was one of the highest ranks as of 6 days ago, you need 55759000 XP. Additionally, someone reached tour 7 recently and had about 100 million or 1E8 XP. I input these data gathered by redditors into Excel and can verify that extrapolations to the max rank are plausible. Plotting the pure XP gains per tour fits a general exponential regression similar to the rank curves for old Reach and Halo 5. The curve I generated had the equation y = 0.272x + 6.133 with an R^2 value of 0.998. It's important to note that this was on a logarithmic scale because the gains balloon to a projected 6.62E8 for completion of tour 10. And of course you would need to log well over 200 days of constant play time to reach the max rank in tour 11.
Don't take the numbers as pure fact, as we don't know for sure how much XP you need beyond tour 7 yet, but the extrapolations do make a lot of sense.
The XP gains aren't looking pretty. It's confirmed that to reach the max level of tour 6, which was one of the highest ranks as of 6 days ago, you need 55759000 XP. Additionally, someone reached tour 7 recently and had about 100 million or 1E8 XP. I input these data gathered by redditors into Excel and can verify that extrapolations to the max rank are plausible. Plotting the pure XP gains per tour fits a general exponential regression similar to the rank curves for old Reach and Halo 5. The curve I generated had the equation y = 0.272x + 6.133 with an R^2 value of 0.998. It's important to note that this was on a logarithmic scale because the gains balloon to a projected 6.62E8 for completion of tour 10. And of course you would need to log well over 200 days of constant play time to reach the max rank in tour 11.
Don't take the numbers as pure fact, as we don't know for sure how much XP you need beyond tour 7 yet, but the extrapolations do make a lot of sense.
Can you share your graphs?
LethalQ wrote:

The numbers I linked are taken directly from the game. You can verify these by comparing the your current rank/XP shown in your in-game profile.

Regardless, I do agree with you. I play the game for fun and don't care about some arbitrary ranking system. In fact I never wanted them to add it anyway because it wasn't necessary and was time/resources that could have been spent on other improvements. It also shows how poorly it was implemented and has been almost universally disliked. They would have been better off not doing it all.

But for those that wanted the progression system, now they have one that reaching max rank is basically impossible unless you dedicate your life to it. Congratulations?
I don't think it's that poorly implemented. Most that are complaining seem to be imposing a dead line of when infinite drops. Why? Is there some rule that you can't play MCC after infinite drops?

I have seen that spreadsheet and it closely matches the results I linked. But we're talking about MAX rank, not Tier 100 when you unlock all the season 1 content. At that point you're less than 1% of the total XP to get to Max rank, i.e., Tour 11 General.
Do you have an estimate of about how long it takes to unlock all the season 1 content? I would like to unlock all the cosmetics, but do not have a clear idea on how much of a time investment it would be. I stopped playing after unlocking all the achievements back in December since the progression system was fairly new and there were no time estimates back then.
tuhin94 wrote:

Do you have an estimate of about how long it takes to unlock all the season 1 content? I would like to unlock all the cosmetics, but do not have a clear idea on how much of a time investment it would be. I stopped playing after unlocking all the achievements back in December since the progression system was fairly new and there were no time estimates back then.
It took me 3 hours of Action Sack and Auto Slayer grinding for Halo 1 WITH Double XP to reach 87. 86 is about 9 mil points. Really depends on how many good matches you have and how much time you can dedicate out of your day.

Can't imagine how many matches you would need for tier 99 into 100.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2