Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Any news on campaign crossplay?

OP Violq

As the title says.
is campaign cross play happening? Will it be before infinite launches?
No dude, I'm sorry, but you just can enjoy the campaign cross play via XCloud on your PC, but there will be no campaign cross play on MCC dude.
No dude, I'm sorry, but you just can enjoy the campaign cross play via XCloud on your PC, but there will be no campaign cross play on MCC dude.
Granted they have been working on Infinite but 343i could still work on it...you know for the fans.

I mean I can play both but I have friends that sold their Xbox and play PC versions and vice versa so I'm stuck on how to benefit from this.
It's pretty ridiculous that we don't have it honestly. I know campaign uses a synchronous model as opposed to an asynchronus model but surely it can't be that hard to get it running? Or even just change it to asynchronous like what they did with firefight.
Quote:
It's pretty ridiculous that we don't have it honestly. I know campaign uses a synchronous model as opposed to an asynchronus model but surely it can't be that hard to get it running? Or even just change it to asynchronous like what they did with firefight.
Not sure on the difficulty of it, but the major factor on getting this implemented and working is time. Some of the developers estimated between 6 and 12 months per game to update and rewrite legacy code and bring in the updated networking model. On top of that they need to factor in time for flighting, feedback and bug fixing. Certainly possible, but I wouldn't look for it to happen any time soon, if at all.
The online coop in MCC in general is very wacky. I would love to get cross platform functionality but seeing that there are still the same game crashing coop bugs present that I (and others) have reported, I don't think we'll see this feature coming to MCC.

Let's hope the Infinite coop will be a blast even if it comes after the launch (grrrrrrrrr).
Look at how limited the option to move the guns around is. It's done that way for quality control. The feature surely "works" but it does not work well enough for 343i to officially endorse it. If it was an option then people would buy the game just for it, discover it doesn't work, and hate it because it's half-broken. I am speculating here and know nothing other than that there was a Tweet about how it didn't preform well in tests.
i really hope they do this one day. I tried playing crossplay once and was really disappointed... At least we are getting more and more legacy updates.. i hope one day crossplay campaign will come and although not super likely, h5 on pc