Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Any Tips for using the Halo 3 BR?

OP Geth Pathfinder

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I’ve had some better games. I think that my problem is with being matched with players higher than my skill (like other problems on the MCC). I’m usually on the bottom of the score but have worked on reducing my deaths. I’m definitely enjoying Halo 3 more but I still think it’s the worst of the series.
Stay up top high ground is a huge difference in H3 and hope the shots land on the face aim near the neck and lead the shots in the directions the person is moving
4 burst to kill.
But this BR is pretty inconsistent...
luluc4s wrote:
4 burst to kill.
But this BR is pretty inconsistent...
Only time I ever get a kill in 4 bursts is when the enemy is stationary, aka inactive. Usually takes me 6-8 bursts. This is why I’m so bad at this game.
I’m doing better in this game. I have significantly improved and have had good matches. I’m better with my BR and have made effort to reduce my deaths. The ranking system is more to blame for bad matches than my skill. I keep playing against level 20s(I’m level 14) but have started to really enjoy Halo 3.

My best advice to other people having troubles with H3 is: practice with the goal of improving, practice with the BR, practice taking cover, and accept that some matches are impossible to win. I started playing every match with a competitive mindset and a goal to play smarter.
H3BR aim has always been off
For EU player like me (France), the connexion issues are horrible. I have 0,5-1 second of latency with each hit. I have to constantly adjust the sight at 1-2 cm at the left/right of my opponent to anticipate his movement because of the latency. Basically ennemies just have to move left right horizontally and it's impossible for me to hit them even when im at close range.

If the enemy is moving at the left, if im aiming on him it won't hit him and even though I can see the blood getting out of him ! It's really frustrating and makes me lose so much 1v1. I have something like 200+ hrs on Halo 3 and im trying my best but i really can see the difference between a EU player like me and NA player. I just have to watch other NA player playing on Youtube or Twitch and the difference is huge.

I precise that i don't have any lag issue in any other games. I have a good constant ping.

I hope 343 industries will do something for no NA players like.
Add my GT and I’d be happy to play some Octagon (super-small enclosed map with super-fast spawns and no Cover). I find my H3 BR always improves after that.
jcwrekszZ1 wrote:
Add my GT and I’d be happy to play some Octagon (super-small enclosed map with super-fast spawns and no Cover). I find my H3 BR always improves after that.
im down lol
Hope and prey you get good rng. Halo 3 has awful hit reg. leading can only do so much. When bullets don’t register at all sometimes there’s nothing you can do
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2