Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Anyone else brushing up on Reach during the wait?

OP bluep0inter

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Since the announcement, I've replayed the campaign on Heroic and done a decent amount of matchmade BTB & Firefight (don't have it in me to try and re-unlock everything before the game drops on MCC). It feels really nice to go back to Reach every once in awhile.
I want to go back and replay it heaps but I can't get used to the feel of a controller and my old, slow, dust-filled Xbox. Not much point in readjusting if a PC version is on the horizon.
I want to go back and replay it badly but I can't get used to the feel of a controller and my old, slow, dust-filled Xbox. Not much point in readjusting if a PC version is on the horizon.
Totally get what you mean. If you're on W10, you could tweak the custom games settings on Halo 5 Forge to simulate a PC Reach experience. I did that with some friends a couple weeks ago and it actually worked really well—there's a ton of classic maps and game presets in the file browser. The only "new" thing you can't turn off is smart-link, but you can completely avoid it if you choose the right weapons.
I tried reach but it's pretty laggy when I get on and desync is absolutely terrible right now. I've just been playing some MCC and Halo 5 just to be in the mindset.
I don't have an xbox to brush up on it with.
I would, but my Xbox hasn't been hooked up for years, and I'm kinda too lazy to do that right now. :P
I have it backwards compatible installed on my One so I can play it when it gets closer to launch since I can't use my 360 controller anymore cause it feels too weird.
I was planning on avoiding Halo as much as possible because I kinda wanted this to feel like a new launch ... not only of Reach, but of the MCC. Play through all the campaigns remastered again, get a fresh start on the mulitplayer, see what's up with the new UI ... just kinda start over with the game. I figured a lengthy dry-spell would make it seem more exciting to jump back into. But I can't break a habit that easily; I've totally still been playing Halo. Just not as much.

This has also given me an opportunity to take care of some unfinished business in other video games I've neglected. But now I feel like I'm neglecting Halo and I don't like it. So ... the sooner the flighting starts, the sooner I can shed my guilt. lol
Since the announcement, I've replayed the campaign on Heroic and done a decent amount of matchmade BTB & Firefight (don't have it in me to try and re-unlock everything before the game drops on MCC). It feels really nice to go back to Reach every once in awhile.
With all the playing time I did in the past for halo reach I've played enough for 2 players.Dont need to brush up on it
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate content.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate content.
Spoiler:
Show
Spoiler:
Show
I tried playing it recently on backward compatibility.

Unplayable lag in Team Slayer. And Firefight matchmaking has always had it's issues.

I'll wait until it's added to MCC.
I tried playing it recently on backward compatibility.

Unplayable lag in Team Slayer. And Firefight matchmaking has always had it's issues.

I'll wait until it's added to MCC.
Yeah, the backwards compatible version has always given me issues in some form or another. Had to dust off my 360 to get back into it.
Also the motion blur literally gives me a throbbing headache. I can't play it for more than 10-15 minutes.
Also the motion blur literally gives me a throbbing headache. I can't play it for more than 10-15 minutes.
I was so happy when they announced it was being removed. Reach is gonna feel so much smoother without it.
I’ve been playing a bit of Slayer and BTB with my company over the past few weeks
I've actually been trying to avoid playing Reach so i can play the new Fresh Reach at 1080p!
It's been a test of my patients. Can't Wait!
I've been itching to play Reach again.. going to try and hold out so I can get fully immersed again.
On the MCC the Experience of Reach is more OP
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2