Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Anyone else brushing up on Reach during the wait?

OP bluep0inter

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I've tried going back to Reach a couple times but I can't handle the motion blur and all the quitting in matches. I love the game though and I have high hopes for Reach in MCC.
Also the motion blur literally gives me a throbbing headache. I can't play it for more than 10-15 minutes.
I was so happy when they announced it was being removed. Reach is gonna feel so much smoother without it.
It's funny because the motion blur made it look good in 2010. Now, I hate motion blur.
XFitDaddy wrote:
Also the motion blur literally gives me a throbbing headache. I can't play it for more than 10-15 minutes.
I was so happy when they announced it was being removed. Reach is gonna feel so much smoother without it.
It's funny because the motion blur made it look good in 2010. Now, I hate motion blur.
Whats all this talk of motion blur? Is this what the bad frame rate on the backwards compatibility is called?
XFitDaddy wrote:
Whats all this talk of motion blur? Is this what the bad frame rate on the backwards compatibility is called?
Technically no, but it's related to frame rate. Motion blur is intentionally turned up on a lot of games as a work around to hide frame rate instability. Plus, it used to be the preferred look because it gives the illusion of speed. It shouldn't be necessary anymore so you can turn it off on a lot of modern games.
XFitDaddy wrote:
XFitDaddy wrote:
Technically no, but it's related to frame rate. Motion blur is intentionally turned up on a lot of games as a work around to hide frame rate instability. Plus, it used to be the preferred look because it gives the illusion of speed. It shouldn't be necessary anymore so you can turn it off on a lot of modern games.
Oh word, yeah I am admittedly not the most tech savvy individual out there, heh. A lot of that stuff just goes straight over my head.

In regards to weather or not I will be playing Reach from now until the drop, I am going to go with a hard NO. I also want to experience it as it drops, as I actually never played Reach until 2016. Gave up after Halo 3 but when I went back to Halo and I played Reach for the first time, I almost felt embarrassed how badly I missed out on that game during its heyday. Grinded to Legend in 3 months last summer on a fresh account and haven't gotten back to it since I got an Xbox One. The backwards compatibility as I mentioned is just absolutely atrocious and unplayable,it legit makes me nauseous.
Overall yes. Though just read the community update and it sounded like flight testing will start next week if i understood that part correctly, including the reach campaign demo from e3
Graphical fidelity is horrible on the one
Yeah, trying to get the rest of the achievements. Since all the dlc is free.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2