Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Anyone else hunting all achievements?

OP Peave99

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Is anyone else going for 100% achievements completed before infinite launches.

its somthing I have wanted to do for ling time but just didnt have time but given the current state of the world i have found loads more time. So here i am. Currently sitting at 558/700.

Is anyone else trying this challenge?
Nope not me, playing the games on LASO is not any fun for me so I will never try to get those done.
I've been slowly chipping away at them, but I don't know if I'll push myself to finish before Infinite. I'm currently sitting at 655/700. I've determined that the next achievement I will go for is H2 laso. CE wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be, and If I can do 2 I know I can finish up everything that's left

Edit 5/23/20: H2 laso is finished. Hands down the most difficult achievement I've earned. Good luck to anyone still attempting the playlist
I've been slowly chipping away at them, but I don't know if I'll push myself to finish before Infinite. I'm currently sitting at 655/700. I've determined that the next achievement I will go for is H2 laso. CE wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be, and If I can do 2 I know I can finish up everything that's left
Its the laso stuff im dreading. Did you do your laso in coop? Did that make it easier?
Getting all I can but I have no desire to do LASO stuff either. As well as the under three hour campaign speed runs.
Peave99 wrote:
Its the laso stuff im dreading. Did you do your laso in coop? Did that make it easier?
I’ve got all of the achievements! I would recommend LASO co op if you have a buddy willing to do it.
Its all doable solo as you can save and quit as soon as you die and you’ll keep the checkpoint, it’s just a lot of loading in and out of the game

I have my own thread here where I answered people’s questions for achievements. Good luck to you though
Peave99 wrote:
I did CE solo and just finished up Cairo Station solo. There are benefits to playing coop, but I think the biggest benefit to doing it solo is that you don't have to do an entire mission in one sitting. There were a few sections that walking away from the game for a few hours was what I needed in order to manage a difficult section or tricky skip.
I would like to get them all but I don't think I will be able to get it before Infinite comes out.
I just hit 601/700, A large ammount of the achievements are just easter eggs or simple challanges. As everyone has said, laso and the timed legendary runs are the ones to watch out for
I would complete them, but I already have bugged achievements which I could no longer unlocked like Record Store Owner, Dear Diary..., No Stone Unturned, Terminus, Walking Encyclopedia, and Lore Master.

I could do some LASO runs fine if I watched alot of speedrunning videos though lol.
Would be nice to have it 100% but I don't see my self doing the matchmaking, Reach LASO and Legendary campaigns under three hours. Those are the more difficult achievements I got left but other then those I have some par scores. Lastly I am at 661 of 700.
Peave99 wrote:
I just hit 601/700, A large ammount of the achievements are just easter eggs or simple challanges. As everyone has said, laso and the timed legendary runs are the ones to watch out for
The more you do LASO the easier it gets. I started with Halo 3 & 4. Was plenty of practice, blasted through Reach Laso in 2-3 Play sessions. ODST you can choose the playlist without the Mombasa streets so it’s just missions, then you can just run through half the levels. CE & 2 were the hardest by a decent stretch only because of 2-3 missions that were a pain
TheDonCJG wrote:
Peave99 wrote:
The more you do LASO the easier it gets. I started with Halo 3 & 4. Was plenty of practice, blasted through Reach Laso in 2-3 Play sessions. ODST you can choose the playlist without the Mombasa streets so it’s just missions, then you can just run through half the levels. CE & 2 were the hardest by a decent stretch only because of 2-3 missions that were a pain
Thanks, didnt know about the odst playlist. That will save me some time and effort
Peave99 wrote:
TheDonCJG wrote:
Peave99 wrote:
Thanks, didnt know about the odst playlist. That will save me some time and effort
It definitely will! Keep us updated on how you get on.
I like playing the MCC on a regular basis but I'm probably never gonna do LASO or legendary under 3 hours achievements.
Im getting there. Reach and CE are 100%. Halo 2 i just need par time, score, and Legendary speed run. Then 3, 4 and ODST, I need LASO, speed run, and par time and score.
Hi I have 700/700 here if you guys are making an attempt I would like to direct you to a youtuber named Halo Completionist, he has guides for all the halo games as well as all achievements, its an amazing resource that can help you optimize speedruns, develop laso tactics, and more haha he also has a discord you can join and there are always people on there looking to get achievements and help Shera people towards completions!
I've been slowly taking em out one at a time. probably not maximizing time efficiency, but just systematically going through the list when I have the desire to play.
I've been slowly taking em out one at a time. probably not maximizing time efficiency, but just systematically going through the list when I have the desire to play.
Definitely not doing it the most efficient way. And im taking breaks quite alot. Just hit 616/700
Just sharing an update.
627/700

Still need to start laso runs but think il leave them till last
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3