Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Anyone else ranking down when the other team quits

OP IRONFI3LD

I feel like I can't win here. If you quit out of games you rank down, if the other team members all quit out and you go into a black screen momentarily while it ends the game you still rank down! What gives? Now when I'm doing really well I just sit there and hope the other team doesn't quit, what a messed up and frustrating system.
IRONFI3LD wrote:
I feel like I can't win here. If you quit out of games you rank down, if the other team members all quit out and you go into a black screen momentarily while it ends the game you still rank down! What gives? Now when I'm doing really well I just sit there and hope the other team doesn't quit, what a messed up and frustrating system.
You watch TomComingAtcha on YouTube? He and his friends are having the exact same problem. Tom alone is only about a 20 when he should be a 40.
IRONFI3LD wrote:
You watch TomComingAtcha on YouTube? He and his friends are having the exact same problem. Tom alone is only about a 20 when he should be a 40.
Haven't watched him but I'm running into these exact issues, I'll win 2-3 in a row without any quitters, the next game we'll just be up by like 20 kills and the other team all quits and boom rank goes down after one loss. Then it takes another 2-3 wins to get it back up and you have to be like slow down guys we don't want to beat them by to much. Such a ridiculous game, you'd think they'd fix these rank issues since ranks=halo.
IRONFI3LD wrote:
IRONFI3LD wrote:
Haven't watched him but I'm running into these exact issues, I'll win 2-3 in a row without any quitters, the next game we'll just be up by like 20 kills and the other team all quits and boom rank goes down after one loss. Then it takes another 2-3 wins to get it back up and you have to be like slow down guys we don't want to beat them by to much. Such a ridiculous game, you'd think they'd fix these rank issues since ranks=halo.
I know it sucks, but the only way to prevent the quitters from leaving is to give in to them and make them think they're going to win. Then, when the score is, say, 40-30, wipe them out.
Question: Did this only happen to you while playing Halo 2 Classic? Thats the only game where blackscreen and loss has happen to me so far. I avoid it since then.
Lambossity wrote:
Question: Did this only happen to you while playing Halo 2 Classic? Thats the only game where blackscreen and loss has happen to me so far. I avoid it since then.
yeah Halo 2 classic.
IRONFI3LD wrote:
Lambossity wrote:
yeah Halo 2 classic.
Pretty sure its a H2C problem. Thats one of the reasons I dont play it in doubles anymore.
I remember dealing with the enemies voting for H2C and then getting a loss for beating them. Not gonna happen again.
Lambossity wrote:
IRONFI3LD wrote:
Lambossity wrote:
yeah Halo 2 classic.
Pretty sure its a H2C problem. Thats one of the reasons I dont play it in doubles anymore.
I remember dealing with the enemies voting for H2C and then getting a loss for beating them. Not gonna happen again.
Yeah it's absolutely ridiculous. H2C is my favorite game type and I get nervous about beating people to badly because if they quit it's a loss! How screwed up is that... this game is never going to work.
Lambossity wrote:
IRONFI3LD wrote:
Lambossity wrote:
yeah Halo 2 classic.
Winning in construct 38-29 kicked and deranked. 30 min ago in H3 playlist.
Any type of back screen, regardless of a win or a loss in the game, counts as if you quit the game in H3. Happened to me at least 20 times
Sounds like the next-gen experience is working as intended. You aren't allowed to have fun or rank up, and shame on that kind of behavior for wanting to do so!
Tried to play the H2A playlist yesterday, after finally finding a game after 20 minutes the lobby loaded, we voted on the map and we went to the map loading screen
On the map loading screen it got to half way done and froze and what can only be described as a stuttering sound came form the game before the game crashed to the dashboard

It was the first game I actually found in H2A in a week......I went from a rank 8 to a rank 6 because the crash
It's happened to me once. But it's worse when everyone on your team quits but you.
Yep, it's completely wrecked the doubles playlist as H2C is the most voted game in there and most people just back out either because they want a different game or think they'll 100% end up with a loss. In H3 I've also had games end prematurely which really sucks. Lost a 1 flag game because the host ended the game straight after they won the first round. So many randoms care more about ranking up than what the rank resembles.
AtP Angel wrote:
Yep, it's completely wrecked the doubles playlist as H2C is the most voted game in there and most people just back out either because they want a different game or think they'll 100% end up with a loss. In H3 I've also had games end prematurely which really sucks. Lost a 1 flag game because the host ended the game straight after they won the first round. So many randoms care more about ranking up than what the rank resembles.
The game drives me nuts. You really just can't "win" any which way playing it.