Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Anyone else think chiefs new MK VI would be better

OP Wazooty

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
In terms of the super awesome looking blur cinematics, his old MK VI looks kind of...out of place to me, a little goofy. I feel like the new Mk VI with all it's realistic nature would look better...

hmm.
Quite a few people feel that way. His old armor honestly looks a tad stiff and uncomfortable to walk around in. The new armor is designed to be more comfortable and easy to move around in. More practical.
O_o

Tell me how a bulky, clunky, alienated looking armor set is "realistic" and "looks better"? The Halo 2/3 Mk VI Armor design actually looks more realistic and functional for human/earthly military forces. There is no reality where a human-based military would design a set of super-powered armor that looks as bulky and odd-shapen as it did in Halo 4. The art design in that game was not only "goofy", but absolutely BONKERS. The Halo 2/3 design looked streamlined, humanly designed, had functionality in a real-world sense (maneuverability, fit and contour on the body, less bulk and smoother surfaces equal less weight and less chance of scraping armor plates against each other in a negative impact).

In fact, ALL the armors in Halo 4 multiplayer were designed with everything I just mentioned absent from mind. No way in HELL are soldiers going into an actual battle wearing whatever the yoink this is:

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130114220558/halo/images/c/c8/MJOLNIR_FOTUS.png
This is Halo 2 Anniversary, where Chief first gets his Mark VI. So he's going to be wearing his original Mark VI. Just like he wore his original Mark V in Halo CEA. If you want to see Chief in his "newer" Mark VI armor, Halo 4 is on the disc too.
Of course he should wear the original Mark VI armor. He should wear it because... you know... it's the only set of Mark VI armor he's ever had. I know 343 decided to magically give his armor a complete overhaul between Halo 3 and 4 while he was in cryosleep. This made no sense. If the artistic style for Halo 4 is what 343 wants the Spartan IV's to look like, then that's fine. But, Master Chief isn't a Spartan IV. He's a Spartan II. He wears armor built for Spartan II's. Mark VI from Halo 2 and 3 is what Mark VI is supposed to look like.
I think they should have made his suit in Halo 2 Anniversary be the same design in Halo 3. It's supposed to be the same suit anyway, it should have had parity between those games.
Borb wrote:


In fact, ALL the armors in Halo 4 multiplayer were designed with everything I just mentioned absent from mind. No way in HELL are soldiers going into an actual battle wearing whatever the yoink this is:

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130114220558/halo/images/c/c8/MJOLNIR_FOTUS.png
To be honest, I'd disagree with you. H4's Mark VI variant looks a tad more realistic to me than the old one. It makes sense that he has his original Mark VI in H2A, but I must admit, I prefer the newer version of it. It looks a lot more manoeuvrable, rather than just being a toughened case that they put the Spartan into. Still looks badass, to boot.

Oh, and as far as I know, FOTUS isn't canon.
I prefer Chief's H4 Mk VI too but this is Halo 2 so he needs to stick with his old version of the armor.

At least we'll see him with his upgraded armor in Halo 5 which is awesome.
Wazooty wrote:
In terms of the super awesome looking blur cinematics, his old MK VI looks kind of...out of place to me, a little goofy. I feel like the new Mk VI with all it's realistic nature would look better...

hmm.
The new armor looks significantly better but in halo 2 A it was kept identical to the original for nostalgic reasons....it's ok really....besides it does give b you that sense of progress ( unlike some other game did)
It's realistic to the game. His armor was updated by cortana in h4.
That would be canon breaking.
i disagree his old armor was my favorite and looked pretty great and how they changed chiefs armor in every way was weird it was like he got an upgrade will in the cyro pod
Mr JVacha wrote:
It's realistic to the game. His armor was updated by cortana in h4.
OK. Let's just assume Cortana has some way to do that. Let's assume further that her ability to do that isn't hampered by the fact that Master Chief was cryogenically frozen when she would have been doing this. With all that skepticism pushed aside, why didn't she fix the big gash on the right-hand side of his chestpiece? She's giving his armor a complete overhaul while he's wearing it and while he's frozen, but she just can't seem to fix that piece.

I think the more likely scenario here is that 343 decided to break canon by drastically changing his armor and then came up with whatever excuse they could muster to cover it up. Either that, or the Cortana theory was thought up by the community trying to justify the new armor. I'm not sure. Did 343 ever say it was Cortana who changed the armor?
Selsiuss wrote:
I think they should have made his suit in Halo 2 Anniversary be the same design in Halo 3. It's supposed to be the same suit anyway, it should have had parity between those games.
It's not that much big of a difference. The only difference I see notable are the hand guards and maybe some aesthetical scratch marks.
Willko wrote:
Mr JVacha wrote:
It's realistic to the game. His armor was updated by cortana in h4.


OK. Let's just assume Cortana has some way to do that. Let's assume further that her ability to do that isn't hampered by the fact that Master Chief was cryogenically frozen when she would have been doing this. With all that skepticism pushed aside, why didn't she fix the big gash on the right-hand side of his chestpiece? She's giving his armor a complete overhaul while he's wearing it and while he's frozen, but she just can't seem to fix that piece.

I think the more likely scenario here is that 343 decided to break canon by drastically changing his armor and then came up with whatever excuse they could muster to cover it up. Either that, or the Cortana theory was thought up by the community trying to justify the new armor. I'm not sure. Did 343 ever say it was Cortana who changed the armor?
They did but only after the community self made the idea of it being cortana and nano bots.

I hate canon reasons for visual changes. They simply wanted to change him and they did. It looks alright but original Mark Six was more streamlined and better formed for military action. New M6 has WAYYY too many grab points.
Willko wrote:
Mr JVacha wrote:
It's realistic to the game. His armor was updated by cortana in h4.

OK. Let's just assume Cortana has some way to do that. Let's assume further that her ability to do that isn't hampered by the fact that Master Chief was cryogenically frozen when she would have been doing this. With all that skepticism pushed aside, why didn't she fix the big gash on the right-hand side of his chestpiece? She's giving his armor a complete overhaul while he's wearing it and while he's frozen, but she just can't seem to fix that piece.

I think the more likely scenario here is that 343 decided to break canon by drastically changing his armor and then came up with whatever excuse they could muster to cover it up. Either that, or the Cortana theory was thought up by the community trying to justify the new armor. I'm not sure. Did 343 ever say it was Cortana who changed the armor?
The only thing changed by Cortana was the firmwire. 343 already admitted that the change was only aesthetic, but from a canon perspective the hardware is still fundamentally the same as the one in Halo 2 and 3. So technically, it's the same suit, but visually it's different.
I think seeing the Halo 2 version of the Mark VI in CGI is ... well ... just awesome.
Willko wrote:
Mr JVacha wrote:
It's realistic to the game. His armor was updated by cortana in h4.


OK. Let's just assume Cortana has some way to do that. Let's assume further that her ability to do that isn't hampered by the fact that Master Chief was cryogenically frozen when she would have been doing this. With all that skepticism pushed aside, why didn't she fix the big gash on the right-hand side of his chestpiece? She's giving his armor a complete overhaul while he's wearing it and while he's frozen, but she just can't seem to fix that piece.

I think the more likely scenario here is that 343 decided to break canon by drastically changing his armor and then came up with whatever excuse they could muster to cover it up. Either that, or the Cortana theory was thought up by the community trying to justify the new armor. I'm not sure. Did 343 ever say it was Cortana who changed the armor?

The only thing changed by Cortana was the firmwire. 343 already admitted that the change was only aesthetic, but from a canon perspective the hardware is still fundamentally the same as the one in Halo 2 and 3. So technically, it's the same suit, but visually it's different.
Not so. If you read the books, it goes into a bit more detail on the Mark V and Mark VI armors. they were powered exoskeletons. They amplified a Spartan's already super-human abilities. For example, if a Spartan throws a punch, the suit's motors amplified the movement of that arm to put more power behind it. That's why the original Mark V and Mark VI armors were more "bulky" and robotic looking. Compare that to the Halo 4 art design where all the Spartans(Master Chief and the Spartan IV's) were wearing what was basically a form-fitting body suit with armor plates attached to it. If they wanted to change the armor for the Spartan IV's, then that's fine. Maybe canonically, the Spartan IV's just don't get powered armor like the II's did. the whole point of the Spartan III and Spartan IV programs were to make Spartans cheaper and more "mass produced". It would make sense for them to have more basic armor. However, there was no good reason to do this to Master Chief's armor.
Willko wrote:
Willko wrote:
Mr JVacha wrote:
It's realistic to the game. His armor was updated by cortana in h4.


OK. Let's just assume Cortana has some way to do that. Let's assume further that her ability to do that isn't hampered by the fact that Master Chief was cryogenically frozen when she would have been doing this. With all that skepticism pushed aside, why didn't she fix the big gash on the right-hand side of his chestpiece? She's giving his armor a complete overhaul while he's wearing it and while he's frozen, but she just can't seem to fix that piece.

I think the more likely scenario here is that 343 decided to break canon by drastically changing his armor and then came up with whatever excuse they could muster to cover it up. Either that, or the Cortana theory was thought up by the community trying to justify the new armor. I'm not sure. Did 343 ever say it was Cortana who changed the armor?


The only thing changed by Cortana was the firmwire. 343 already admitted that the change was only aesthetic, but from a canon perspective the hardware is still fundamentally the same as the one in Halo 2 and 3. So technically, it's the same suit, but visually it's different.


Not so. If you read the books, it goes into a bit more detail on the Mark V and Mark VI armors. they were powered exoskeletons. They amplified a Spartan's already super-human abilities. For example, if a Spartan throws a punch, the suit's motors amplified the movement of that arm to put more power behind it. That's why the original Mark V and Mark VI armors were more "bulky" and robotic looking. Compare that to the Halo 4 art design where all the Spartans(Master Chief and the Spartan IV's) were wearing what was basically a form-fitting body suit with armor plates attached to it. If they wanted to change the armor for the Spartan IV's, then that's fine. Maybe canonically, the Spartan IV's just don't get powered armor like the II's did. the whole point of the Spartan III and Spartan IV programs were to make Spartans cheaper and more "mass produced". It would make sense for them to have more basic armor. However, there was no good reason to do this to Master Chief's armor.
But they do. The external armor plates are irrelevant to most of MJOLNIR's core functions. And since when were there motors?
Willko wrote:
Willko wrote:
Mr JVacha wrote:
It's realistic to the game. His armor was updated by cortana in h4.


OK. Let's just assume Cortana has some way to do that. Let's assume further that her ability to do that isn't hampered by the fact that Master Chief was cryogenically frozen when she would have been doing this. With all that skepticism pushed aside, why didn't she fix the big gash on the right-hand side of his chestpiece? She's giving his armor a complete overhaul while he's wearing it and while he's frozen, but she just can't seem to fix that piece.

I think the more likely scenario here is that 343 decided to break canon by drastically changing his armor and then came up with whatever excuse they could muster to cover it up. Either that, or the Cortana theory was thought up by the community trying to justify the new armor. I'm not sure. Did 343 ever say it was Cortana who changed the armor?


The only thing changed by Cortana was the firmwire. 343 already admitted that the change was only aesthetic, but from a canon perspective the hardware is still fundamentally the same as the one in Halo 2 and 3. So technically, it's the same suit, but visually it's different.

Not so. If you read the books, it goes into a bit more detail on the Mark V and Mark VI armors. they were powered exoskeletons. They amplified a Spartan's already super-human abilities. For example, if a Spartan throws a punch, the suit's motors amplified the movement of that arm to put more power behind it. That's why the original Mark V and Mark VI armors were more "bulky" and robotic looking. Compare that to the Halo 4 art design where all the Spartans(Master Chief and the Spartan IV's) were wearing what was basically a form-fitting body suit with armor plates attached to it. If they wanted to change the armor for the Spartan IV's, then that's fine. Maybe canonically, the Spartan IV's just don't get powered armor like the II's did. the whole point of the Spartan III and Spartan IV programs were to make Spartans cheaper and more "mass produced". It would make sense for them to have more basic armor. However, there was no good reason to do this to Master Chief's armor.
But the newer armor is powered armor, just much more efficient and better... It still amplifies their movements. That's why Frank O'Connor said that if a Spartan II in his Gen 1 armor faces a Spartan IV in his GEN2 armor in hand to hand combat would lose.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3