Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] Are there EU servers?

OP I Ghoster I

Hi all. So are only US servers currently active? Because my loading screen always indicate i'm connecting to a US server while i'm located in The Netherlands (EU). I've been getting a lot of blood shots in H2A and H3 and my ping feels around 100-200ms. Some gamemodes like Team Snipes and SWAT are completly unplayable.

My internet is very fast and my ping is usually around 10ms with other (pc)games. I am curious what you guys' experience is.
Cheers.
Welcome to the club, I'll be your guide. To the left you are going to see the people getting shot through the wall when they are clearly behind it, on your right you'll see someone trying to finish off a one shot, but gets only blood which results into an out-br. Further ahead, if you watch closely, the shots are actually hitting the target but are doing no damage. Now sir, there are a lot of other magnificent things we can show you but we risk losing you in the process. We hope that one day these "feature" will be fixed or addressed, but until then we need to make do.

Now on a more serious note, I go through a lot of the things I mentioned above (and a whole other set of "problems") and it's the reason I barely play Ranked anymore. I understand you can't have a perfect world where everyone feels like they are playing on LAN I do, but when you play around 90% of your games on a US server you start to question yourself: Is it worth playing anymore when I know I'll get out-br'd because of bloodshots, I know I'll not be able to finish kills because my shots are doing nothing, is it worth trying to better yourself or trying to win when your melees are doing 0 damage and you get one punched man (literally, someone melee me once when I was fullshields and died). I just want to know if they are doing something about it, I hope they do, but I want to see, a post, a tweet, anything explaining why most of the games are on US server. Is it population? Is it because it's the only server working like intended? I just want to know. They are doing good things with MCC and credit due when credit is due, but the game and servers are still having lots of issues and I want to know why...
Welcome to the club, I'll be your guide. To the left you are going to see the people getting shot through the wall when they are clearly behind it, on your right you'll see someone trying to finish off a one shot, but gets only blood which results into an out-br. Further ahead, if you watch closely, the shots are actually hitting the target but are doing no damage. Now sir, there are a lot of other magnificent things we can show you but we risk losing you in the process. We hope that one day these "feature" will be fixed or addressed, but until then we need to make do.
Sounds fun! Where do i sign up?
Snofl wrote:
If you already play MCC and 80% of your games are played on US server then you automatically join.
Snofl wrote:
If you already play MCC and 80% of your games are played on US server then you automatically join.
Omg Yay!!
I too feel the frustration, I think halo 3 was just a deeply flawed game, it didn’t use hitscan which would be fine if everyone was on LAN. The problem is it’s a huge disadvantage when lag comes in, to the point where games are won and lost on latency.

Where the frustration come in is it always seems to default to us host unless the entire game is EU. If there’s 5 EU players 2 east coast and 1 west coast I suppose the best average connection would be east US. I think a lot of the annoyance would be avoided by having a connection search option
I too feel the frustration, I think halo 3 was just a deeply flawed game, it didn’t use hitscan which would be fine if everyone was on LAN. The problem is it’s a huge disadvantage when lag comes in, to the point where games are won and lost on latency.

Where the frustration come in is it always seems to default to us host unless the entire game is EU. If there’s 5 EU players 2 east coast and 1 west coast I suppose the best average connection would be east US. I think a lot of the annoyance would be avoided by having a connection search option
If you played "that version of Halo of which we should not talk about here", more specifically BTB, you probably noticed you would get sniped across the map with the BR, which for me personally is not fun.

Now, for the other part of your post. I agree, I lost yesterday a couple of games because of lag. For instance, I couldn't finish one shots because my shots would not register, I would 4 shot people but nothing would happen and call me crazy but sometimes I have a strange feeling that the players are shooting faster than me even though we shoot at the same time, it's weird to explain, would take half a page to talk about it.

The problem with the servers is that, for example if a lobby has 7 EU players and 1 US player then that lobby will play on a US server (similar to what you said) which is ridiculous, because the opposite never happens.
Very good explanation, I'm also experiencing all the above mentioned problems. When I am on US servers, it literally feels like no matter what strafe I pull off or how I aim, I'm never going to win a BR challenge whatsoever. What I always notice is either that my shots do not register at all or the enemy shields go down after a fraction of second after the projectiles hit his body. Oddly enough, the hit registration almost always goes off when enemies are one shot: as you noted, it's incredibly hard to kill the opponent when he has no shields. In multiple situations I engage a enemy with no shields and he manages to land on me at least 3 bursts before dying while I desperately see his blood pouring outta his body when I shoot.
Team Hardcore is unplayable because of this, the difference in terms of my performance between American and European server are like day and night.
giafra wrote:
Very good explanation, I'm also experiencing all the above mentioned problems. When I am on US servers, it literally feels like no matter what strafe I pull off or how I aim, I'm never going to win a BR challenge whatsoever. What I always notice is either that my shots do not register at all or the enemy shields go down after a fraction of second after the projectiles hit his body. Oddly enough, the hit registration almost always goes off when enemies are one shot: as you noted, it's incredibly hard to kill the opponent when he has no shields. In multiple situations I engage a enemy with no shields and he manages to land on me at least 3 bursts before dying while I desperately see his blood pouring outta his body when I shoot.
Team Hardcore is unplayable because of this, the difference in terms of my performance between American and European server are like day and night.
Story of my life, right here, in this post. Reason I don't play Hardcore anymore. No disrespect to the Americans players, but sometimes I get annoyed that they win just because they are playing on their server. What you said above, it's happening to me everyday, all the time, yesterday I didn't even got to play on a EU server and when I watch streams and see how God like the connection is for some people, I just wanna crawl into a corner and cry.

Honestly I don't even know what's worst, the connection or the spawns in Halo 3 MCC, but since this is a thread about Servers and connection, we'll just keep it at that.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
343 need to explain themselves, I'm in a party of EU players and we always end up on US servers. What's the point if they are never used?
Have mentioned this before - live in the UK but get connected to east Us 2 servers every single game - not only do I find trouble finding matches , those matches usually end up being custom game modes that I’d rather not play - literally impossible to find a CTF game mode (as I’m going for some multiplayer achievements )
Cant even find EU games on weekends when there should be a couple of players from EU active. I mean at 12-14:00 on a saturday there must be someone else playing? Whats the population of europe? 500 million?
at this time of the day, its still morning in the us...and still 100% of the games are played on East us 2.
I remember seeing somewhere that the way halo 3 handles priorities over the network goes something like this: Grenades-equipment-movement/player positioning and lastly weapon shots. I could be wrong but this is why things don't always go smoothly. Played some games last night and felt really good then I got a few games one after another where my shots or anything else I did didn't seem to be doing much other than annoy the other team that I was even looking at them. Halo 3 though since the game launched way back over internet was never and will never be consistent. It sucks because it can be so much fun. I wish there was a way for them to fix this without possibly breaking the game. BTW I am a us player and pretty much always on us servers but it's not just you EU players that feel the inconsistency's with H3. It quite literally is just the game at times not working properly with all the different pings. It's why LAN is always the best option but I doubt very many people system link now a days.
Fellow EU player here. The problem I think is that Halo, and Xbox in general simply aren't popular enough in Europe ( and pretty much anywhere outside of NA). Most players I hear on mics are American. Halo only has a very limited fanbase in Europe. You can thank Microsoft for not giving a damn about the EU.
So yesterday the message ”selecting new host” showed up mid game. If we play on servers, why whould this message come up? It happened when 1 player left the game..
Snofl wrote:
So yesterday the message ”selecting new host” showed up mid game. If we play on servers, why whould this message come up? It happened when 1 player left the game..
A lot of the original screens from the original releases are still in the game, even though they’re on dedicated servers now.

Also, MCC does fall back on peer to peer hosting from time to time. They usually post about it in here when it happens.
Snofl wrote:
A lot of the original screens from the original releases are still in the game, even though they’re on dedicated servers now.

Also, MCC does fall back on peer to peer hosting from time to time. They usually post about it in here when it happens.
Key here is ”from time to time”.
The ”servers” hasnt been online since the issues a while back. The lag, weird in game mechanics and motions and so on has increased immensly. The difference is like day and night after this occured.
its not p2p from time to time - its 24/7!
This post has been edited by a moderator. Because we are not currently equipped to provide moderation in other languages, we must ask that all messages be posted in English. Feel free to use an online language translation service, and then create a new thread with the translated text. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Ich habe dasselbe Problem, lebe in Deutschland und spiele nur auf US Server, gewinnen unmöglich, obwohl ich Multiplayer so gerne spiele, tue ich es deswegen so gut wie nie.
Please don't revive old topics thanks