Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Bandana No Longer Needed for CEA LASO

OP SiN SHOOT2KILL

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
Cause I just beat Two Betrayals on LASO!

#win
agreed or scarab because h2 is literally impossible
I'm not even going to attempt LASO I dont have the patience. Bandanna would help but its only for 30 gamerscore. Compared to beating Reach solo on legendary got you 275g. I still think all skulls on should mean all skulls on.
Its supposed to be hard, earn it legit or don't bother attempting.
I'm not even touching LASO until my friend gets his XboxOne, so we can take on the LASOs as a team and have an easier time.

Although I'm not going to lie, feels like programming the Bandanna Skull seems utterly pointless if it can in no way help you earn anything. It would only benefit people who just like to repeatedly earn fruitless campaign kills.
Will it give you the achievement if you turn on bandana?
LASO is meant to be a challenge indeed. I've completed the first 2 missions LASO solo on CEA and they weren't TOO bad. Although, grunts exploding when they die can be annoying at times! I feel as if Bandanna skull would make the LASO challenge MUCH MUCH easier so I'll have to disagree!
Yay, lets make things easier. God damn millennial's...
They patched the LASO Playlist, in Halo CE there wasn't the Skull Iron (Now they added it in the last patch). I hope they let us use Bandana Skull because it is now impossible to do the Laso Playlist in Halo CE
Accio Beer wrote:
Its supposed to be hard, earn it legit or don't bother attempting.
Yeah cause you're the one who dictates how other people are supposed to play the game... Thanks guy, thanks...
LASO is meant to be hard, if you want infinite ammo just use the reload glitch.

challenges in games aren't made so that anyone can do them, if you can't play LASO then simply get better or try a new strategy.
ShotyMcFat wrote:

challenges in games aren't made so that anyone can do them, if you can't play LASO then simply get better or try a new strategy.
Nice!
I haven't used Bandanna other than one playthrough of Cairo Station on 11/11. I'm disappointed, not only with what it deactivates but with its failure to function.
First of all, it deactivates scoring, and I think it deactivates achievements but I can't confirm that. So I'm not using it until I at least get a confirmation that it doesn't deactivate achievements, or until I have all of the H2A campaign-related achievements.
Second of all, it may give you unlimited ammo for weapons that use ammo, but charge-related weapons are still useful for a limited time. Plasma Pistols and Plasma Rifles still run out of charge even with Bandanna on. I'm disappointed. If you're sad that you missed out on the GameStop preorder, don't be. I have the skull, and I have used it once, and don't plan to use it again until I'm done with par times, par scores, etc.
ShotyMcFat wrote:

I don't know where you guys are coming from... Seriously, LASO achievement supporters seem to ONLY exist on these forums. I've discussed this issue with 40-50 MCC players I know and 100% of them absolutely despise the LASO achievements; or at the very least despise the way they are currently set up. I know that's not indicative of the entire gaming population however I think it seems suspicious that there's always such extreme angst against anyone who speaks out against the LASO achievements on these forums... I'm not gonna fly off the handle and cry wolf or anything but it's feasible to assume 343i employees stalk these forums and would potentially attempt to sway support of these ridiculous LASO achievements... There shouldn't be achievements that only 1% or less of the gaming population will ever be able to attain. The LASO skull sets should definitely be adjusted. Bandana should be made available for CEA and 2A, and Iron should be taken back of CEA. Next you people are going to start defending 343i's, "Par Score," achievements as if they're all so well thought out and tested for each level... Should blanket the name like they did with the achievements themselves and go ahead and call them the "25k," achievements.
I'm a believer that helpful skulls like Bandanna should be activated in LASOs. It's called Legendary All Skulls on, not Legendary Most Skulls on. Come on 343, if you're going to pull that, at least call the playlist LMSO.
I haven't used Bandanna other than one playthrough of Cairo Station on 11/11. I'm disappointed, not only with what it deactivates but with its failure to function.
First of all, it deactivates scoring, and I think it deactivates achievements but I can't confirm that. So I'm not using it until I at least get a confirmation that it doesn't deactivate achievements, or until I have all of the H2A campaign-related achievements.
Second of all, it may give you unlimited ammo for weapons that use ammo, but charge-related weapons are still useful for a limited time. Plasma Pistols and Plasma Rifles still run out of charge even with Bandanna on. I'm disappointed. If you're sad that you missed out on the GameStop preorder, don't be. I have the skull, and I have used it once, and don't plan to use it again until I'm done with par times, par scores, etc.
I was going to purchase both the physical copy from GameStop AND the digital copy but I canceled on GameStop the instant Bravo announced that using Bandana would disable achievements.
ShotyMcFat wrote:

I don't know where you guys are coming from... Seriously, LASO achievement supporters seem to ONLY exist on these forums. I've discussed this issue with 40-50 MCC players I know and 100% of them absolutely despise the LASO achievements; or at the very least despise the way they are currently set up. I know that's not indicative of the entire gaming population however I think it seems suspicious that there's always such extreme angst against anyone who speaks out against the LASO achievements on these forums... I'm not gonna fly off the handle and cry wolf or anything but it's feasible to assume 343i employees stalk these forums and would potentially attempt to sway support of these ridiculous LASO achievements... There shouldn't be achievements that only 1% or less of the gaming population will ever be able to attain. The LASO skull sets should definitely be adjusted. Bandana should be made available for CEA and 2A, and Iron should be taken back of CEA. Next you people are going to start defending 343i's, "Par Score," achievements as if they're all so well thought out and tested for each level... Should blanket the name like they did with the achievements themselves and go ahead and call them the "25k," achievements.

I'm a believer that helpful skulls like Bandanna should be activated in LASOs. It's called Legendary All Skulls on, not Legendary Most Skulls on. Come on 343, if you're going to pull that, at least call the playlist LMSO.
Oh yeah?
Anybody who can beat truth and reconciliation solo on legendary with all scoring skulls on without dying since iron will restart you at the beginning of the level, should build a time machine and jump to the year 2525 they'll need your expertise in fighting the covenant.
I don't mind Bandana being out, but they really need to add Envy into H2 LASO. It isn't a cheat skull by any means
I misread the title of this post as Banana Skull.
LOL, I wonder what it would do if there were a, 'banana' skull in the game?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6