Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] Banned after one quit?

OP skewer647

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
got a couple buddys who got a quit ban over a single quit. I mean isn’t that a BIT to sensitive? I get a couple but damn
skewer647 wrote:
got a couple buddys who got a quit ban over a single quit. I mean isn’t that a BIT to sensitive? I get a couple but damn
Currently if you quit out of a match, you get a 10 minute ban.
Postums wrote:
skewer647 wrote:
Damn that’s a bit harsh bro. 10 min ban if you lag out bit unfair. Does the system detect if the dedicated server fails or just a general player has left the game. So you don’t get screwed if it’s not your fault. Guess it’s handy do have a alt account :/
Postums wrote:
skewer647 wrote:
Daaaaamn. I'm happy quitters are going to be punished for their behavior but that's a little much, no? Ten minutes isn't a long time, sure, but after a single quit that can add up.
Postums wrote:
Is every quit ban 10 minutes stacked on top of each other so two bans would equal 20 minutes or is the second quit ban longer?

Seeing how harsh it is, I think there should also be other options being implemented which have been mentioned by various members.

1) Make it so if people quit after the first person in the game quits, their ban is less severe for them.

2) Add JIP to Social games.

3) Add an idle boot feature while in the game since people will afk to avoid the quit bans. This would go hand in hand with JIP.

4) Add an option that lets you rejoin a game if you quit for whatever reason. This could have a limited window of reentry so people can't abuse it.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Postums wrote:
Is every quit ban 10 minutes stacked on top of each other so two bans would equal 20 minutes or is the second quit ban longer?

Seeing how harsh it is, I think there should also be other options being implemented which have been mentioned by various members.

1) Make it so if people quit after the first person in the game quits, their ban is less severe for them.

2) Add JIP to Social games.

3) Add an idle boot feature while in the game since people will afk to avoid the quit bans. This would go hand in hand with JIP.

4) Add an option that lets you rejoin a game if you quit for whatever reason. This could have a limited window of reentry so people can't abuse it.
I’m for that kind of stuff but make the 10 min quit ban go in effect after 3 quits or something. 1 is too harsh. No jip though
i'm actually fine with a 10 min quit after the first quit. if you quit because of something you have to do, you need a few minutes anyway. if you quit out because you just don't "like" what came up you deserve the ban.
if you lag out of a game than there maybe is a problem with connection so you may need the time to restart or something to. (but: idealy the system detects that and you don't get banned)

what is important is, that if the ban gets harsher the more you quit, then there should also some redeeming be possible, like:
one quit, one point
the more points, the longer the ban
after a couple of finished matches in a row you lose one point again.

EDIT: if you are the last one of your team remaining, than the system should detect that to and you shouldn't be punished for quiting
I just read that the second ban is 24 hours. Oof
WSerg wrote:
i'm actually fine with a 10 min quit after the first quit. if you quit because of something you have to do, you need a few minutes anyway. if you quit out because you just don't "like" what came up you deserve the ban.
if you lag out of a game than there maybe is a problem with connection so you may need the time to restart or something to. (but: idealy the system detects that and you don't get banned)

what is important is, that if the ban gets harsher the more you quit, then there should also some redeeming be possible, like:
one quit, one point
the more points, the longer the ban
after a couple of finished matches in a row you lose one point again.

EDIT: if you are the last one of your team remaining, than the system should detect that to and you shouldn't be punished for quiting
Look if you quit 3 or 4 games in a shot period of time than a ban should kick in. It’s reasonable but effective. Instant ban after any D.C. from the game is to extreme
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Wow that's aggressive.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Wow that's aggressive.
H5 isn’t that aggressive. H5 will nam you if you quit like 2 or 3. Which is a fair window or allowance, if you have a emergency or for some legit reason you can’t stay in the game. 24 hour on 2nd quit is straight bs at that point I’d just hop on a alt account or stop playing altogether until it’s made more fair
Imo, it's a bit much, something they should've done is you quit once and you'll get a message popping up your screen something like "Warning, if you quit another match you'll get a 10min ban", but if you quit because you're losing, then mate sorry, but you definitely deserve it, but I don't quit matches, I only call the BS card when I die

But just saying, the 1 quit & your banned is a bit too much in my opinion

Spoiler:
Show
Imo, it's a bit much, something they should've done is you quit once and you'll get a message popping up your screen something like "Warning, if you quit another match you'll get a 10min ban", but if you quit because you're losing, then mate sorry, but you definitely deserve it, but I don't quit matches, I only call the BS card when I die

Spoiler:
Show
Warning at 2 ban at 3 that’s how h5 kinda is. That would be fair
skewer647 wrote:

Spoiler:
Show
Warning at 2 ban at 3 that’s how h5 kinda is. That would be fair
Definitely can agree on that, but just hearing about this new Ban System for MCC is extremely poorly implemented, like yes, I understand people don't like quitters, but a 10 min ban for quitting once is not right, and a 24 hour ban for a second quit is just bollocks, it definitely needs a hotfix asap because something like this I reckon would draw players away from the game
A 10 minute ban for quitting once sounds great.

If youre so selfish that you just quit out of any match you don't like and waste everyone else's time then you deserve to have your time wasted as well.
And if you're not able to immediately start a new match after ditching your last team and leaving them short handed than you might just decided to toughen up and stick it out.
StoOge 656 wrote:
A 10 minute ban for quitting once sounds great.

If youre so selfish that you just quit out of any match you don't like and waste everyone else's time then you deserve to have your time wasted as well.
And if you're not able to immediately start a new match after ditching your last team and leaving them short handed than you might just decided to toughen up and stick it out.
Sounds great if you want to kill the population. A ban system needs to be FAIR but strict. 24 hour ban for 2 quits isn’t fair. 10 min for one isn’t. 10 min should occur AFTER a warning at 2 or 3 and than if the person does it again after the warning and It’s a short time than a ban should happen. You seem to be a one strike your out kinda person. Good thing you are nobody in power
Pretty -Yoinking!- stupid. There's tons of reasons to quit. Had to quit because the opponent was hiding outside the map on guardian 1v1 and because I didn't want to waste time on a 4v2. Now I'm banned for 24 Hours... I mean i could just play on an alt account but I think ill play something else. NO reason for it to be so strict.
Just one more reason to implement join in progress. What a difference it would make and 343 could relax the penalties a little bit. Not cut them out entirely, but yeah.
With the Composer now live there should be no reason for people to quit unless they have something come up, which in that case a 10 minute ban is nothing since I'm sure whatever came up is important or takes more then 10 minutes. Now back to people quitting because they didn't like the game, map or gametype chosen you no longer have an excuse with the Composer. You can single handily choose the game(s) or gametype(s) you want now, no need to play sometime you don't want to play.
My internet connection is terrible pretty much 100% of the time. Usually, I can still stick around in matches with the lag in Halo 5, but MCC seems to have a lower tolerance in general. Last night, I lagged out of one match and got a ten minute ban immediately. While frustrating, it's not too hard to wait ten minutes, so I was okay with it. I was able to finish the next game, but I never even got the chance to load into the third game because my Internet connection struck again, netting me an hour ban.

Unfortunately, unless I can improve my connection (which is highly unlikely, given that I've had connectivity problems for more than two years), I won't be able to play MCC Multiplayer anymore without risking significant bans on my account, which makes me really sad since I was looking forward to enjoying the game with my friends. :/
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3