Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] Banned after one quit?

OP skewer647

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
With the Composer now live there should be no reason for people to quit unless they have something come up, which in that case a 10 minute ban is nothing since I'm sure whatever came up is important or takes more then 10 minutes. Now back to people quitting because they didn't like the game, map or gametype chosen you no longer have an excuse with the Composer. You can single handily choose the game(s) or gametype(s) you want now, no need to play sometime you don't want to play.
I will say this is extremely harsh on people who lose connection though.

Also, I haven't tried it yet in the regular MCC but as far as the composer went in the Insider program I couldn't select specific types of Infection. Like let's say I only wanted to play Brains, Save One Bullet, Speed Demons and Creeping Death but didn't want to play Hide and Seek? Would the current system allow me to get that specific?
While I agree that temp bans will keep people from quitting out of a match, the solution for most people will simply to go AFK. Same miserable outcome lol. I have to say though now that I can actually play something I want to play my temptation to quit went down to nearly zero. I quit one match that was ridiculously laggy and got the temp ban. Now I know if it happens again I'll go AFK.
I played about 15 games yesterday after the update, I think I quit twice, never got a ban.
skewer647 wrote:
StoOge 656 wrote:
A 10 minute ban for quitting once sounds great.

If youre so selfish that you just quit out of any match you don't like and waste everyone else's time then you deserve to have your time wasted as well.
And if you're not able to immediately start a new match after ditching your last team and leaving them short handed than you might just decided to toughen up and stick it out.
Sounds great if you want to kill the population. A ban system needs to be FAIR but strict. 24 hour ban for 2 quits isn’t fair. 10 min for one isn’t. 10 min should occur AFTER a warning at 2 or 3 and than if the person does it again after the warning and It’s a short time than a ban should happen. You seem to be a one strike your out kinda person. Good thing you are nobody in power
Let this serve as your warning. You now know not to go quitting out of matches because you didn't get the map you wanted.

How many warnings do you want? Three a day?
If everyone gets to quit out of three matches a day think of all the poor players that you guys have left with half a team.

Again, it's selfish. And while I also think a 24 hour ban is a bit much, but don't act like repeat quitters aren't also killing the community.
Its a competitive game. You don't always win, you don't always get your way, so suck it up and tough it out. Quit ruining it for everyone else.

As someome that's had hours of their time wasted in Halo over the years because half their teams quit when they didn't get to veto the map they wanted I have no sympathy. I don't think I've quit out of three matches total, let alone 3 in an hour/day.
With the Composer now live there should be no reason for people to quit unless they have something come up, which in that case a 10 minute ban is nothing since I'm sure whatever came up is important or takes more then 10 minutes. Now back to people quitting because they didn't like the game, map or gametype chosen you no longer have an excuse with the Composer. You can single handily choose the game(s) or gametype(s) you want now, no need to play sometime you don't want to play.
I will say this is extremely harsh on people who lose connection though.

Also, I haven't tried it yet in the regular MCC but as far as the composer went in the Insider program I couldn't select specific types of Infection. Like let's say I only wanted to play Brains, Save One Bullet, Speed Demons and Creeping Death but didn't want to play Hide and Seek? Would the current system allow me to get that specific?
Not sure, I haven't played Infection in years.
Because of how bad the quitting system is, people just afk the whole game to not get banned lol

Still no reason to win or stay in matches so the banning system only hurts the game. If my team in steamrolled why would we want to stay
I rarely, if ever, quit out of games even when I'm heavily outnumbered. I'm usually among the final few who stay in game even when it's heavily against me. That said, even I have my limits.
I was trying out some of the heavy game types in Halo 3 yesterday (which are very fun by the way). It was going well until I got a certain match on Standoff against a large, coordinated team while playing alone. Within the first couple minutes, the enemy had control of almost everything and the only people left was myself and one other person. I was going to hide and stick it out but I wasn't able to live for more than 5 seconds thanks to the spawn killing being that bad. There was 15 minutes left and the enemy only had about 20 kills to my team's 5 or so. The match had no chance of ending unless me and the other poor guy got spawn trapped 80 more times which would've meant that we would've went horribly negative (I'm talking negative 35 or worse). I'm sorry but if quitting out of a game like that makes me a jerk, I apparently am one but I doubt anyone else here would stay in a game where getting spawn trapped to 70 of the enemy's 100 kills was the only way to make it end.
StoOge 656 wrote:
skewer647 wrote:
StoOge 656 wrote:
A 10 minute ban for quitting once sounds great.

If youre so selfish that you just quit out of any match you don't like and waste everyone else's time then you deserve to have your time wasted as well.
And if you're not able to immediately start a new match after ditching your last team and leaving them short handed than you might just decided to toughen up and stick it out.
Sounds great if you want to kill the population. A ban system needs to be FAIR but strict. 24 hour ban for 2 quits isn’t fair. 10 min for one isn’t. 10 min should occur AFTER a warning at 2 or 3 and than if the person does it again after the warning and It’s a short time than a ban should happen. You seem to be a one strike your out kinda person. Good thing you are nobody in power
Let this serve as your warning. You now know not to go quitting out of matches because you didn't get the map you wanted.

How many warnings do you want? Three a day?
If everyone gets to quit out of three matches a day think of all the poor players that you guys have left with half a team.

Again, it's selfish. And while I also think a 24 hour ban is a bit much, but don't act like repeat quitters aren't also killing the community.
Its a competitive game. You don't always win, you don't always get your way, so suck it up and tough it out. Quit ruining it for everyone else.

As someome that's had hours of their time wasted in Halo over the years because half their teams quit when they didn't get to veto the map they wanted I have no sympathy. I don't think I've quit out of three matches total, let alone 3 in an hour/day.
Sure bud. You are a one strike your or kinda guy. You care about nobody
I rarely, if ever, quit out of games even when I'm heavily outnumbered. I'm usually among the final few who stay in game even when it's heavily against me. That said, even I have my limits.
I was trying out some of the heavy game types in Halo 3 yesterday (which are very fun by the way). It was going well until I got a certain match on Standoff against a large, coordinated team while playing alone. Within the first couple minutes, the enemy had control of almost everything and the only people left was myself and one other person. I was going to hide and stick it out but I wasn't able to live for more than 5 seconds thanks to the spawn killing being that bad. There was 15 minutes left and the enemy only had about 20 kills to my team's 5 or so. The match had no chance of ending unless me and the other poor guy got spawn trapped 80 more times which would've meant that we would've went horribly negative (I'm talking negative 35 or worse). I'm sorry but if quitting out of a game like that makes me a jerk, I apparently am one but I doubt anyone else here would stay in a game where getting spawn trapped to 70 of the enemy's 100 kills was the only way to make it end.
No sane person wants to eat crap for 10 mins with no chance to do anything but die as soon as they spawn
Quitting has been a rampant issue and I fully agree that quitters (or at least repeat quitters) need to be punished. One improvement that should be made is that if your team has half of the enemy team's numbers (for example, The enemy team has 8 players and your team is down to 4 or the enemy has 4 and your team only has 2) those last few players shouldn't be punished for quitting. Once the game is rigged against you that bad, you can't do much unless the enemy players are really bad or you're playing games where less players is an advantage like SWAT.
The initial quitters should be punished for ruining the game for others. If you the enemy has double the players that your team has, the game is already ruined so you quitting has no impact on the match.
Quitting has been a rampant issue and I fully agree that quitters (or at least repeat quitters) need to be punished. One improvement that should be made is that if your team has half of the enemy team's numbers (for example, The enemy team has 8 players and your team is down to 4 or the enemy has 4 and your team only has 2) those last few players shouldn't be punished for quitting. Once the game is rigged against you that bad, you can't do much unless the enemy players are really bad or you're playing games where less players is an advantage like SWAT.
The initial quitters should be punished for ruining the game for others. If you the enemy has double the players that your team has, the game is already ruined so you quitting has no impact on the match.
At least h5 is smart about it if mcc had 5s ban system that would be ok
Cizlin wrote:
My internet connection is terrible pretty much 100% of the time. Usually, I can still stick around in matches with the lag in Halo 5, but MCC seems to have a lower tolerance in general. Last night, I lagged out of one match and got a ten minute ban immediately. While frustrating, it's not too hard to wait ten minutes, so I was okay with it. I was able to finish the next game, but I never even got the chance to load into the third game because my Internet connection struck again, netting me an hour ban.

Unfortunately, unless I can improve my connection (which is highly unlikely, given that I've had connectivity problems for more than two years), I won't be able to play MCC Multiplayer anymore without risking significant bans on my account, which makes me really sad since I was looking forward to enjoying the game with my friends. :/
I agree with you. When I would play in Egypt, my home country, I'd occasionally lag out, but rarely enough that I would never get a matchmaking ban. The MCC quit ban system seems too strict, and I probably would not be able to play MCC at all back in Egypt when I visit.
Was there a Gauss Hog going ham? If so, I know which game you're talking about. Though to be honest, with games like that it's important to just stick through it until it's over, otherwise your teammates will have an even harder time.

That being said, I think the first quit should be forgiven. This system is a little too harsh right now.
I played 5 games today zero quits. I load up a game of CE and lag out 10 seconds into the game, got a 1 hour ban. I'm just playing the game as intended, not once did I manually quit a game. And I got a 1 hour ban. Something is wrong here. I've been playing this game for a long time, I have over 100,000 kills in muliplayer, this game is literally unplayable now.
They have auto queue (like COD) but ban for leaving a match? Why is auto queue a thing in this game then? Can someone explain?
I played 5 games today zero quits. I load up a game of CE and lag out 10 seconds into the game, got a 1 hour ban. I'm just playing the game as intended, not once did I manually quit a game. And I got a 1 hour ban. Something is wrong here. I've been playing this game for a long time, I have over 100,000 kills in muliplayer, this game is literally unplayable now.
This is the new system. Gotta be a perfect player as NEVER quit or eat a fat ban.
lol lagged out of a game after playing over 15 and now im banned for 24 hours. Wheres my 10 minute ban? LOL
Suisun wrote:
lol lagged out of a game after playing over 15 and now im banned for 24 hours. Wheres my 10 minute ban? LOL
Lol it doubles like the flood and spreads to longer lengths rea fast
omarlotrc wrote:
Was there a Gauss Hog going ham? If so, I know which game you're talking about. Though to be honest, with games like that it's important to just stick through it until it's over, otherwise your teammates will have an even harder time.

That being said, I think the first quit should be forgiven. This system is a little too harsh right now.
The enemy had control of both Banshees since the gauss hogs managed to actually die early on but it was still bad. I've had games on there where I've destroyed my opponents with the gauss so I've been on both sides of that pain. As I said before, I rarely quit but being heavily outnumbered 8 to 2 and getting spawn killed repeatedly with no chance of it stopping is enough to justify it even for me. I'd rather hide for 15 minutes instead of quitting but getting spawn killed for 15 minutes sucks and going negative 50 in the process isn't fun.
omarlotrc wrote:

The enemy had control of both Banshees since the gauss hogs managed to actually die early on but it was still bad. I've had games on there where I've destroyed my opponents with the gauss so I've been on both sides of that pain. As I said before, I rarely quit but being heavily outnumbered 8 to 2 and getting spawn killed repeatedly with no chance of it stopping is enough to justify it even for me. I'd rather hide for 15 minutes instead of quitting but getting spawn killed for 15 minutes sucks and going negative 50 in the process isn't fun.
Oh, were you the last two on your team? If so, I think bans should be softened on people if their teammates quit before they do.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3