Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] Banned after one quit?

OP skewer647

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
omarlotrc wrote:
omarlotrc wrote:
I rarely, if ever, quit out of games even when I'm heavily outnumbered. I'm usually among the final few who stay in game even when it's heavily against me. That said, even I have my limits.
I was trying out some of the heavy game types in Halo 3 yesterday (which are very fun by the way). It was going well until I got a certain match on Standoff against a large, coordinated team while playing alone. Within the first couple minutes, the enemy had control of almost everything and the only people left was myself and one other person. I was going to hide and stick it out but I wasn't able to live for more than 5 seconds thanks to the spawn killing being that bad. There was 15 minutes left and the enemy only had about 20 kills to my team's 5 or so. The match had no chance of ending unless me and the other poor guy got spawn trapped 80 more times which would've meant that we would've went horribly negative (I'm talking negative 35 or worse). I'm sorry but if quitting out of a game like that makes me a jerk, I apparently am one but I doubt anyone else here would stay in a game where getting spawn trapped to 70 of the enemy's 100 kills was the only way to make it end.
Was there a Gauss Hog going ham? If so, I know which game you're talking about. Though to be honest, with games like that it's important to just stick through it until it's over, otherwise your teammates will have an even harder time.

That being said, I think the first quit should be forgiven. This system is a little too harsh right now.
The enemy had control of both Banshees since the gauss hogs managed to actually die early on but it was still bad. I've had games on there where I've destroyed my opponents with the gauss so I've been on both sides of that pain. As I said before, I rarely quit but being heavily outnumbered 8 to 2 and getting spawn killed repeatedly with no chance of it stopping is enough to justify it even for me. I'd rather hide for 15 minutes instead of quitting but getting spawn killed for 15 minutes sucks and going negative 50 in the process isn't fun.
Oh, were you the last two on your team? If so, I think bans should be softened on people if their teammates quit before they do.
That's what I was saying. The people who quit first should be busted harder. Quitting seriously unfair matches where you're outnumbered because people on your team were jerks and quit before you shouldn't get you in trouble.
Quit ban will finally have some teeth. With match composer you are getting the titles and game types you want so if you are still quitting you kinda deserve it.
LethalQ wrote:
Quit ban will finally have some teeth. With match composer you are getting the titles and game types you want so if you are still quitting you kinda deserve it.
I’m all for teeth but it needs to be FAIR. Not a gun to your head whenever you join a match
skewer647 wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
I’m all for teeth but it needs to be FAIR. Not a gun to your head whenever you join a match
As bad as quitting was getting I am gald to see it finally have some teeth. It's not hard to play the game and not quit.
Good! I’m happy they implemented a harsh ban penalty. Now that match composer is out and everyone can pick the game they want to play there should be harsh penalties for quitting. Was playing ctf in btb last night and 3 people quit the second we got the first flag cap, I hope they enjoyed their ban.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Postums wrote:
Currently if you quit out of a match, you get a 10 minute ban.
Is every quit ban 10 minutes stacked on top of each other so two bans would equal 20 minutes or is the second quit ban longer?

Seeing how harsh it is, I think there should also be other options being implemented which have been mentioned by various members.

1) Make it so if people quit after the first person in the game quits, their ban is less severe for them.

2) Add JIP to Social games.

3) Add an idle boot feature while in the game since people will afk to avoid the quit bans. This would go hand in hand with JIP.

4) Add an option that lets you rejoin a game if you quit for whatever reason. This could have a limited window of reentry so people can't abuse it.
Bans get progressively stronger if done repeatedly within a short time period.
Postums wrote:
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Postums wrote:
Is every quit ban 10 minutes stacked on top of each other so two bans would equal 20 minutes or is the second quit ban longer?

Seeing how harsh it is, I think there should also be other options being implemented which have been mentioned by various members.

1) Make it so if people quit after the first person in the game quits, their ban is less severe for them.

3) Add an idle boot feature while in the game since people will afk to avoid the quit bans. This would go hand in hand with JIP.

4) Add an option that lets you rejoin a game if you quit for whatever reason. This could have a limited window of reentry so people can't abuse it.
I'm very glad to hear this. My only concern is with disconnects. How good is the system at determining the difference between a quit and lagging out? I only ask because I have had a couple instances in the past(not many) where a game gets past the loading screen, screen goes black, and I get kicked back out to the lobby before the match even starts. I would hope that situations like that wouldn't be seen as a quit resulting in a ban.

though... if the system is lax about disconnects, that could very easily be abused. So, maybe it's better to just ban them all. The number of people caught in the crossfire would be less than the number of people abusing any disconnect leniency.
Willko wrote:
Postums wrote:
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Postums wrote:

I'm very glad to hear this. My only concern is with disconnects. How good is the system at determining the difference between a quit and lagging out? I only ask because I have had a couple instances in the past(not many) where a game gets past the loading screen, screen goes black, and I get kicked back out to the lobby before the match even starts. I would hope that situations like that wouldn't be seen as a quit resulting in a ban.

though... if the system is lax about disconnects, that could very easily be abused. So, maybe it's better to just ban them all. The number of people caught in the crossfire would be less than the number of people abusing any disconnect leniency.
This new system is anything but encouraging to play mcc. I get the message if you have a okay internet connection go play something else. If you are getting crapped on and it’s 2v8 or 1v4 or some lopsided match.... gotta take your crap and eat all of it. That’s not how you get players to keep playing your game. Using a machine gun on a few of the big quitters and hitting bystanders vs using a sniper and only hitting the major quitters. Just doesn’t seem right
I've got a pretty good internet connection, but sometimes things get glitchy.
I'm actually kinda worried to play MCC now, in fear something goes wrong with lag or a DC and I get a ban.

I was looking forward to this patch so much, and now?
I think some tweaking needs to happen to this ban system...
Perhaps a pseudo JIP system where if you were to be disconnected from the game you can rejoin only that match during the duration and if you make the attempt to rejoin it shouldn't ban you. This doesn't solve the case if a person's internet connection dies for a extended period and it could also be slightly problematic when there is very little time left in the game as well.

Now I've never actually been disconnected during a match in MCC as I don't play it all that often(I prefer H5 multiplayer over the H3 I seemed to constantly get in MCC pre-composer), so I imagine it gives a black screen that shunts you back the menus. I image it could ask if you would like to rejoin the game if you quit or dc when you get back to menu.
Nalatroz wrote:
Perhaps a pseudo JIP system where if you were to be disconnected from the game you can rejoin only that match during the duration and if you make the attempt to rejoin it shouldn't ban you. This doesn't solve the case if a person's internet connection dies for a extended period and it could also be slightly problematic when there is very little time left in the game as well.

Now I've never actually been disconnected during a match in MCC as I don't play it all that often(I prefer H5 multiplayer over the H3 I seemed to constantly get in MCC pre-composer), so I imagine it gives a black screen that shunts you back the menus. I image it could ask if you would like to rejoin the game if you quit or dc when you get back to menu.
That’s not a bad option. No ban if you re join the game if you lag out
I quit after a few teammates quit because it was zero fun being so outnumbered. Then a game where teammates were continually attacking me and killed me a few times but I never got the option to boot them. I did retaliate and killed them a few times and I got booted. 10 min ban, then a 1 hr ban, and finally I got a 24 hr ban. All in social slayer due to teammates quitting, idling the whole time, and killing me. Sucks.
Just sign into a different profile while the other one is on the cool down.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3