Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] Banned for 1 day for leaving a swatch match?

OP radicalradg

This is crap. The menu layout is so clunky it took me a while to figure how how to matchmake properly, remember when there was a playlist, you pressed it and that was it? For some reason every game I was put in is a swat game, where 1 player on each team is killing everyone and after 5 minutes of that I decided to back out and play another mode instead of getting upset, so I get banned?
This is what kills gaming communities, you ban people. they don't come back, because I paid for the bloody game and didn't spawn kill or do anything wrong, fix your broken matchmaking instead of banning players. Why the hell isn't there a 15 minute, or 1 hour ban like the old days? get rid of this garbage
or do anything wrong,
You did do something wrong you quit a match early which is unfair to the rest of your team also you don’t get banned for a day for quitting only once so you must have quit several matches resulting in your ban
You've had to leave a lot. So far I've had to leave 3 matches for various reasons, but I have not been banned. I don't quit frequently, but you must be leaving a lot to even warrant a ban. It doesn't just ban you for leaving one match.
Well that wasn't your first abandoned match, a 24 hour ban doesn't happen unless you been leaving matches. Plus 5 minutes in on a swat? Should've stayed it was almost over, swat matches don't last long
I left 1 match today and was banned, yesterday I left a match, is that all it takes? Why is there no warning? why does it matter? almost everygame someone leaves my matches. Why should I stay when I'm getting killed from behind over and over again on spawn?
I paid for a game, I didn't join some lame club, get out of here with that mlg elitist attitude.
I left 1 match today and was banned, yesterday I left a match, is that all it takes? Why is there no warning? why does it matter? almost everygame someone leaves my matches. Why should I stay when I'm getting killed from behind over and over again on spawn?
I paid for a game, I didn't join some lame club, get out of here with that mlg elitist attitude.
It doesn't matter whether you paid for the game or not, you still have rules to follow. When you buy a car, you have to follow the rules of the road, do you not? Nobody here has an "mlg elitist attitude".
or do anything wrong,
You did do something wrong you quit a match early which is unfair to the rest of your team also you don’t get banned for a day for quitting only once so you must have quit several matches resulting in your ban
Unranked games shouldn't ban people for leaving. And he's right about the menus and UI being a mess.
It does warn you, a huge text pop ups anytime you attempt to leave a match in progress it tells you. You have had to have left more matches than just those 2, leaving 2 would not result in such a long ban. So either you forgot about others you left as well or you just dont want to admit to leaving multiple games. Even big team battles don't last that long, just play it out. Don't que up if you can't finish a match. Yes other people leave matches to, and they rightfully get those bans for leaving.

The game did warn you, you can't leave a match without a box popping up telling you what can happen. Sure you bought the game but so did everybody else, this isn't the only pvp game out there that bans you for leaving in the middle of match (hell and some of those games will ban you on the very first offense). You accepted the rules when you went into matchmaking. Don't want to accept the rules then play custom games and you can quit out of them anytime you want.

This ain't no elitist -Yoink- or whatever you want to call it lmao, it's literally the rules of the game. Like I said early matches don't that long, play it out and get better. Literally everyone on this site has been in matches where their team was getting completely destroyed, it happens to everybody. Hell I've been in plenty of ctf games where my team cant even get one cap (and other game mode equivalents of not even getting 1 cap in ctf). That is a pvp game for you
You've had to leave a lot. So far I've had to leave 3 matches for various reasons, but I have not been banned. I don't quit frequently, but you must be leaving a lot to even warrant a ban. It doesn't just ban you for leaving one match.
They 100% ban you for leaving one, single match. Only 10 minutes, but still. It is 100% a thing. One match.
The solution to this is simple.
Unable to quit.

If you quit early, your character stays in the game, un-moving and ruins your K/D ratio - which is 90% the reason people leave early to begin with. And you cant join another game until that one is over anyways
Thoughts?
Just best to play it out and not dip on the team
There is a warning which tells you that you can be banned when you select the option to leave the game so you must not have read that. The match composer looks complicated, but it only takes like 30 seconds to figure out. Here are the ban lengths. Edit: Didn't realize the date so this probably isn't relevant anymore.

Quote:
Current ban ladder for MCC:
  • First offence: 5 minute ban
  • Second offense: 15 minute ban
  • Third offense: 60 minute ban
  • Fourth offense: 16 hour ban
If you don't have a quit within a 24 hour period, then you will reset back to the first step on the ban ladder. There is still a record of how many quits you have, but its not used in this automated system.
At least the quitting penalty seems to be in effect, though not sure if it's harsh enough since quitters do seem common. Glad the playlists are gone since can finally pick what I want without worrying about low population, with game-types vanishing from playlists. Not sure what OP claims is true since the Halo Waypoint website doesn't give enough details like old Reach/H5. I'm glad the bans are in place because I get tired of trying to carry the team just because someone didn't like the map or they weren't doing amazing, etc...

If people think it's ok to quit match's just 1+ time...all this does is encourage more quitters, poorly balanced teams. Sure some don't care but it's infuriating to be forced to play a 2-4 vs 4-8 players just because some players couldn't be bothered to play, the people who stay most likely get their team exp decreased due to the quitters so I'm glad the bans are there because there wasting my time, basically punishing the people that stay and it's unfair.
Please use the appropriate ban thread linked below