Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] Banned for defending myself.

OP Odez Ml0

Pretty tired of scrubs thinking they deserve my gun, or kids who are 2-13 deciding to team kill. Then I defend myself and get IMMEDIATELY kicked for not allowing it to happen. Yet somehow the other night I let this guy kill me 5 times to kick him and the option never came, but as soon as I fought back I was kicked. It’s bad enough that most days people playing this game are bottom barrel but having to put up with bans for “betraying” people who are actively trying to ruin my experience seems ridiculous. Honestly what the -Yoink-
That's pretty annoying for sure. But calling people "scrubs" and "bottom of the barrel" makes you sound douchey, and that you think you're better than everyone else. Not really the best way to get 343's attention or to get people on your side. Pretty sure you can make your point without acting childish.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Odez Ml0 wrote:
kjbart wrote:
That's pretty annoying for sure. But calling people "scrubs" and "bottom of the barrel" makes you sound douchey, and that you think you're better than everyone else. Not really the best way to get 343's attention or to get people on your side. Pretty sure you can make your point without acting childish.
They were just trying to help and saying it would be better to word your post better and you just act like a little kid. I'm sorry but the truth is you're not above anybody here.
Odez Ml0 wrote:
kjbart wrote:
So by "scrubs" and "bottom if the barrel", I'm assuming your talking about anyone else with a lower rank than you, because that's all that can really compare one another too. I doubt than that you're in the top 10% so take that as you will. And your attitude is making you douchy, not your opinion.
"Scrub" and "bottom of the barrel" seem like pretty accurate descriptions as it's largely children etc. who constantly betray others in online multiplayer games, so I really don't see why people are taking issue with you not using nicer words to describe those you're referring to.
Odez Ml0 wrote:
kjbart wrote:
Are you so above criticism that you have to insult someone who is actually being constructive and telling you how to get your point across better?
I'm sure a moderator will see this and lock it down. Halo Waypoint is for constructive discussions, not for throwing childish insults towards members who are trying to provide you feedback. I hope this will give you time to reflect on your behaviour and to read the Halo Waypoint rules.
Odez Ml0 wrote:
kjbart wrote:
I'll echo what others have said. You complain about 13 year olds yet your posts are coming across quite childish. If you want someone to respect your opinion in any walk of life then explain your viewpoint and show mutual respect for others. Calling 90% of the community trash is not a good way to engage them and discuss your frustrations.

There's a reason you rarely get the option to boot and it only takes one to boot you. This tells me that your trust ranking is low. Every player is determined as to how trustworthy they are as a teamkiller. If you do it frequently then your value is low, meaning that the options will appear less frequently for those that betray you and more frequently for those that you betray. It's so frequent teamkillers are eventually booted after just one. So outside of this one game, there's a very good chance you've been a bit haphazard with your teammates lives.

I believe it's a very good system. It's extremely rare to get an accidental betrayal so I don't worry about it. Can't actually remember the last time I was booted from a game in the 10+ years I've played.

If you are feeling really petty like me... if someone tries to betray me for a weapon in social, I jump off the map with it then spend the rest of the game lowering their shields. You won't lose any trust, but you'll sure ruin the game for them.
Ban-related discussions for MCC should go in the pinned megathread (link in my signature).