Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Banning for not wanting to play Halo 3?

OP CODEMONKEY117

The ban in regards to dodging a game you don't want to play, imo is ridiculous. When halo 3 gets voted every time the game becomes boring. Why is there a ban when some one does not want to play the same game over and over when I payed to have a variety of games to play. The ban system is so broken in this game. You don't want to play a certain game over and over banned. Oh people want to betray teammates over and over intentionally? No ban for that.
I mean. If you're quitting enough to get smacked by a quit ban then you should stop quitting so much.
Cant blame you for quitting so much man its frustrating. Man that's what's nice about them finally breaking up the playlists. We no longer have to play the lesser games and can avoid they're communities altogether.
The ban in regards to dodging a game you don't want to play, imo is ridiculous. When halo 3 gets voted every time the game becomes boring. Why is there a ban when some one does not want to play the same game over and over when I payed to have a variety of games to play. The ban system is so broken in this game. You don't want to play a certain game over and over banned. Oh people want to betray teammates over and over intentionally? No ban for that.
Don't play any playlists that have halo 3 maps in them.Your leaving your teammates vulnerable and outnumbered so why shouldn't you get banned for that?
Yeah it sucks, I got a short ban not to long ago for dodging the constant H3 vote. One thing that helps is if you dodged a couple of times go to another playlist and play a game or two. Keep your completed games count up. Or bite the bullet and play an H3 game from time to time... Just drive the warthog around or something... Let's just hope this update releases soon and does something about these cross game playlist and let's players play titles they want to play.
If you are quitting out of the game that much - it's warranted.
Or, you know. When the update launched just delete mcc, start the re install and decide to not install halo 3. Problem solved.

Wow we have a mod and an employee responded in here xD. Don't see that too often.
Or, you know. When the update launched just delete mcc, start the re install and decide to not install halo 3. Problem solved.

Wow we have a mod and an employee responded in here xD. Don't see that too often.
I try to respond as much as possible. I work on the community team and have lived in Halo Wars forums or quite some time. Now that I'm working on MCC I'm here as well.
Postums wrote:

I try to respond as much as possible. I work on the community team and have lived in Halo Wars forums or quite some time. Now that I'm working on MCC I'm here as well.
So here's hoping us in the insider program get some good news soon! I've been eager to rerun through(even though I just did a week ago)ce-4 in 4k hdr.

Slight off topic question, have you guys stated yet what exactly is being enhanced for x? I've heard 4k, hdr, and enhancments. If you've explained specifics I havnt seen them. Of you havnt announced them yet, then carry on good sir and I'll (im)patiently wait xD
I'm 'quitting' because I'm a level 18 constantly getting matched against groups of 50s (1 or 2 out of every 4 games). For the other players nothing even happens since I quit before game selection, they just go back to actually searching for a fair game. So I'm essentially getting banned for fixing the broken matchmaking system.

The game is basically telling me to choose to stay in a game where my teammates quit within 2 minutes of start and then I just get spawn killed 10x times in a row (most of the time in Halo 2 Classic they even use a lot of glitch exploit for cheating). Oh that's not fun for you? We'll just get banned so you don't play at all. This is absolutely absurd, their failure to find a remotely fair match is not an excuse to shift the blame to me and ban me. I just payed for an extremely buggy game that is telling to screw myself either way.
Don't get me wrong I like Halo 3 just not every game. I just find it rather annoying when team killers can walk away free for deliberately betraying having little to know consequences compared to people who are, in some cases forced to play a game mode or map they don't want to.
Why are you searching in a playlist with gametypes you don't want to play? Do you realize how many other options you have?

Exactly. That’s what I’m going to do with CE multiplayer. Not because I hate it I’m just terrible at it and I don’t wanna drag the team down lol.
I've always disagreed with the voting system. In my opinion, one of the best things Halo 5 did was eliminate it. I'd like to see it go permanently. I'd rather play a different map each time than play my favourite map over and over again so that it becomes my least favourite!... I'm looking at you, Valhalla, Ghost Town, all the Blood Gulch variants, Swordbase, etc. (And I never liked Standoff.) Honestly, how the hell do people like the voting system? It's the bloody worst! I'm genuinely angry thinking about it.
You really must be quitting every game, then. It takes a lot to get banned. Why not search playlists that don't have H3 or, you know, play a game of H3 every once in awhile?