Skip to main content
How many times does one have to report a team killer before 343 actually does something about them, preferably ban them? It's the same kid almost every time
it's really complicated you have to add enough complaints from different players to dare to do something
Which game? I know of a few.
I think reporting them just lowers their Xbox rep unless the reports get sent to 343.
Reporting will lower their rep and I think if enough people report them they will get banned. I just recently received a message from XBOX stating that my report of a player resulted in them taking action. So it does work sometimes.
VIA Xbox: Reporting doesn't do nothing except alter the rep like 0.000001%. Only thing it does do is pass some time so you might not encounter them for sometime.
VIA Halo Support: Depending on how well your video evidence captures them team killing, may determine how long 343 takes to respond. The evidence i used caught 4 instances from match start till they quit and it took 9 days for an action response. Not sure what the action is. Maybe just a few days ban.
Reporting for AFK or betraying is pretty much a waste of time IMO. The Xbox live reporting system seems to only care about communication type reports. They don't do anything about AFK or betrayers. You can tell because even when you bring up unsporting behavior in the report section it doesn't say anything about idle player, or betraying as a choice you have to type it in something else where it probably just gets deleted.
LethalQ wrote:
Reporting for AFK or betraying is pretty much a waste of time IMO. The Xbox live reporting system seems to only care about communication type reports. They don't do anything about AFK or betrayers. You can tell because even when you bring up unsporting behavior in the report section it doesn't say anything about idle player, or betraying as a choice you have to type it in something else where it probably just gets deleted.
This matches my experience completely. I've never seen action taken against betrayers or other griefers. For whatever insane reason, communication reports are investigated while all others seem to be ignored.