Skip to main content
So I’m all for the temporary banning of quitters and afk. It ruins the game when someone can’t put aside the max time for a game knowing fully that it may end sooner or not.
However, I’m getting banned at random. Every 2-4 games I get kicked, and when I try to re-enter it says I was temporarily banned with zero explanation (no way to fix what im not aware of, right?).
The time that the ban ends is always posted as hours earlier than it currently is to my set time, so it may be a bug, perhaps?
My gamer tag and all other such info were accepted by the game, so nothing considered inappropriate there. I use my mic, but I don’t toss any shade or insult; at most telling some afk person to join in case it’s deliberate (the slightest of venting). All bans end in 5min, but it’s annoying that im not breaking any specific rules and with no explanation or evidence, getting banned multiple times an hour. It really ruins the experience. If this model continues to Infinite, I may abstain from online play altogether.
One thing you may want to try is turn the H3 skins off.... I haven't disconnected ever since turning them off. I even play from wifi from my cell phone at times.
LethalQ wrote:
One thing you may want to try is turn the H3 skins off.... I haven't disconnected ever since turning them off. I even play from wifi from my cell phone at times.
I recommend doing this for CE as well as I’ve experienced Disconnects on the Series X with CE Skins enabled
LethalQ wrote:
Sounds like a good work around. I think it shouldn’t be a problem in the first place though.
It randomly kicked the entire game on Halo 4 last Monday night. Three games in a row and the ban hammer came out.

This was the first time this had happened to me. It’s a bit of a pain, but it happens.
Please use the ban thread pinned at the top of the relevant game forum for any queries on matchmaking bans