Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] battle rifile, battle rifle everywhere :D

OP themanss22

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I want to know why people love the BR some much? :I
Because it's a great weapon for the way Halo plays? I want to know why people don't like it.
Because it's a great weapon for the way Halo plays? I want to know why people don't like it.
Because some people think it overpower weapons.
The public wants what it wants. The BR gametype is the most popular. :D
themanss22 wrote:
id take a rocket launcher, a shotgun, a sword, a mauler, even an assault rifle over the br at close ranges, maybe even a plasma rifle in halo 3 close quarters, or a brute shot in h2 or h3. I'd take a sniper or beam rifle or dmr at long range.

Most halo weapons have their uses where they will dominate other weapons, but the battle rifle always has a chance at success, that's why it's the utility weapon that everyone wants to have.

the only weapons I can think of that are just crap are h2 needlers and smgs and magnums and in halo 3 the spiker and smg and the pistol sucks pretty bad too. and in halo 4 the storm rifle and suppressor are awful. other than that most weapons have their uses.
I've had conversations with people where I posit that the BR was far more disruptive to (what was then) core game play than things like sprint could ever be. That said, I really like the BR. And the DMR more still. Disrupt away.
It's objectively the best non power weapon available, for better or for worse.
Because if you are good at aiming you can take out many close range weapon users with four shots or 5 at most. I feel like some people hate it because they are bad at aiming. Remember kids practice makes perfect and accuracy always wins over firepower. It takes skill to aim
Because, unfortunately, it's the only weapon that gives you a fighting chance.
You need to start with a useful utility weapon or the team who wins the opening push wins the whole game, assuming they aren't dumb.
themanss22 wrote:
I want to know why people love the BR some much? :I
Because mid-range weapons dominate arena-style combat. It's practically a necessity in Halo 2 because of how useless SMG starts are on most maps.
Because if you are good at aiming you can take out many close range weapon users with four shots or 5 at most. I feel like some people hate it because they are bad at aiming. Remember kids practice makes perfect and accuracy always wins over firepower. It takes skill to aim
No. I think the reason why they hating the BR because maybe they think the weapons is overpowers.
Because, unfortunately, it's the only weapon that gives you a fighting chance.
That is true.
Because it balances matches so each team has a fair fight.
themanss22 wrote:
id take a rocket launcher, a shotgun, a sword, a mauler, even an assault rifle over the br at close ranges, maybe even a plasma rifle in halo 3 close quarters, or a brute shot in h2 or h3. I'd take a sniper or beam rifle or dmr at long range.

Most halo weapons have their uses where they will dominate other weapons, but the battle rifle always has a chance at success, that's why it's the utility weapon that everyone wants to have.

the only weapons I can think of that are just crap are h2 needlers and smgs and magnums and in halo 3 the spiker and smg and the pistol sucks pretty bad too. and in halo 4 the storm rifle and suppressor are awful. other than that most weapons have their uses.
Lmao no kidding? You just named like every power weapon. Of course we'd prefer that. Derp.
Versatility.
xCoachDx wrote:
themanss22 wrote:

Lmao no kidding? You just named like every power weapon. Of course we'd prefer that. Derp.
No, I named just about every weapon period. And that's my point you fool. Derp.
So what's the problem with the battle rifle then? OP says its overpowered.
xCoachDx wrote:
themanss22 wrote:

That's my point you fool. Derp.
So what's the problem with the battle rifle then? OP says its overpowered.
OP does not like balance
themanss22 wrote:
No. I think the reason why they hating the BR because maybe they think the weapons is overpowers.
Anybody who gets destroyed by a weapon who is good enough with it will think it's over powered...its a matter of opinion really...I could claim the same thing if I'm getting pounded on by someone using a shotgun or a sword "it is too overpowered at close range". It all boils down to skill. If OP was good at aiming he would be using the BR instead of complaining

AR Users should stop complaining and start getting better at flanking BR users. That's the only way you can win against them if you plan to stick with your AR (and also the main purpose of said weapon). Most of you want to win a BR battle at long ranges with an AR; Impossible!!

If you can't flank a BR user then learn to use a BR or any other weapon on the map to get close enough to flank them. But please stop using the AR from miles away and expect to win, then afterwards, complain on the forums that the BR is overpowered.

By the way I'm good with all weapons and using all of them for that matter. So don't give me crap about using only the BR. Each one has their own skill you have to master, BR is Aiming and staying away from close range weapons as much as possible and AR is being sneaky and getting the upper hand in the fight at close range

Each one chooses their poison and their choice of gameplay; that to me is balanced gameplay...
I prefer the DMR to be honest
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2