Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] battle rifile, battle rifle everywhere :D

OP themanss22

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
xCoachDx wrote:
themanss22 wrote:
Because it's a great weapon for the way Halo plays? I want to know why people don't like it.
Because some people think it overpower weapons.
id take a rocket launcher, a shotgun, a sword, a mauler, even an assault rifle over the br at close ranges, maybe even a plasma rifle in halo 3 close quarters, or a brute shot in h2 or h3. I'd take a sniper or beam rifle or dmr at long range.

Most halo weapons have their uses where they will dominate other weapons, but the battle rifle always has a chance at success, that's why it's the utility weapon that everyone wants to have.

the only weapons I can think of that are just crap are h2 needlers and smgs and magnums and in halo 3 the spiker and smg and the pistol sucks pretty bad too. and in halo 4 the storm rifle and suppressor are awful. other than that most weapons have their uses.
Lmao no kidding? You just named like every power weapon. Of course we'd prefer that. Derp.
No, I named just about every weapon period. And that's my point you fool. Derp.
So what's the problem with the battle rifle then? OP says its overpowered.
I did not said it overpowered. I said people think it overpowered
It destroys all other weapons, it can be used efficiently at all ranges and sounds and looks cool. I personally prefer the DMR but you have to use the weapon that will get you kills.
Other than just the stats of the gun, I don't know why anyone would use it. I was expecting to see a meme in this topic.
jayman567 wrote:
It destroys all other weapons, it can be used efficiently at all ranges and sounds and looks cool. I personally prefer the DMR but you have to use the weapon that will get you kills.
I use the DMR the most but sometime I use the BR
You need to start with a useful utility weapon or the team who wins the opening push wins the whole game, assuming they aren't dumb.
Pretty much this. In Halo you can only hold 2 weapons, unlike in classic arena FPS where you could carry numerous. Because of this, you cannot spawn with a niche weapon.

Also, I personally just like the gameplay of using a BR.
i hate BR starts
themanss22 wrote:
I want to know why people love the BR some much? :I
I like it sure but after Halo 2 was released I wasn't into the whole MLG part of it all, for a long time I played 8v8 BTB mostly that was before I even had XBL and played on XBC.

I could join games off host and still come up with the win in a 8v8 CTF match, in fact I was well known on XBC at the time for being a pain in the -Yoink-, but when it came to MLG I just had no passion for it. Joining off host in MLG was comeplete BS for the most part it wasn't nearly the same as BTB games in general far as joining and being able to help the team win. Also way less fun overall.

This carried over into halo 3 where I became a bit better at MLG but still didn't really enjoy it all that much.

While I wasn't great at Halo 3, it was the last one I played seriously.on any level.

Also being Canadian my connection rarely is great but I do have a great connection, and compared to many with BR host or cross map I mean I am always at a disadvantage it feels. I almost give up and mentally switch the channel for a bit until the game is over.

While I understand BR starts, lot of the time it is not needed, and people should fight for the sniper or the BR spawns on the map and have different players using different guns to survive and kill, grab a shotgun, grab a sword, dual wield plasma rifle and a pistol, change it up for -Yoink- sakes.
i hate BR starts
Care to explain why? :/
themanss22 wrote:
i hate BR starts
Care to explain why? :/
Please explain because I have never heard a good argument for this.

You don't spawn with a BR, yet they spawn on the map. So all 8 players are now fighting over the 2 maybe 4 that spawn on a map. If one team controls both, they dominate the map.

Gaining an advantage to get the only BRs on the map is all about raw grenade spamming at the start. A game such as lockout is over the moment the teams are locked in with AR starts. If you are RED there is no reason you lose. As you claim one of the maps BRs, the sword, sniper (may fall off map), and can throw grenades to stop the other team from getting the other BR.

When everyone spawns with a BR both teams are about even, red still has a small advantage but not basically a GG at the start.
themanss22 wrote:
i hate BR starts
Care to explain why? :/
Please explain because I have never heard a good argument for this.

You don't spawn with a BR, yet they spawn on the map. So all 8 players are now fighting over the 2 maybe 4 that spawn on a map. If one team controls both, they dominate the map.

Gaining an advantage to get the only BRs on the map is all about raw grenade spamming at the start. A game such as lockout is over the moment the teams are locked in with AR starts. If you are RED there is no reason you lose. As you claim one of the maps BRs, the sword, sniper (may fall off map), and can throw grenades to stop the other team from getting the other BR.

When everyone spawns with a BR both teams are about even, red still has a small advantage but not basically a GG at the start.
I'm not starting a argument, I was wounding why people like it so much. -.-
I prefer the reach dmr without bloom or the H1 pistol over the br. The br isn't that hard to use. However, I will always vote for br starts because it's the only decent utility weapon in h2 and h3. Single shot weapons ftw!
Do not make violent or threatening posts.

Spoiler:
Show
Gruvblaz3 wrote:
go -Yoinking!- jump in a volcano you -Yoinking!- noob
.....
Farseid wrote:
I prefer the reach dmr without bloom or the H1 pistol over the br. The br isn't that hard to use. However, I will always vote for br starts because it's the only decent utility weapon in h2 and h3. Single shot weapons ftw!
Sound fair.
In case you guys don't know, I'm not against the Battle riffle I like it. I just want to know why you guys like it. :/
to me the battle rifle is the second best weapon after SAW. its has got awesome precision but when compared to DMR, it (BR) is still a toddler.
To say the Br is overpowered is irrelevant because you have one too. It's not like only one team spawns with BRs, your team does as well, making it a little something called "balanced." This is why people like it. Either get better with your BR or improve your defense against it. The BR isn't going anywhere, which is the way it should be.
People like it because it is a power weapons that can beat any other weapon in the game. Who does not like spawning with a power weapon like that. BR my weapon of choice but I love to see it removed from the game. It makes all other weapons worthless outside of the sniper rifle and rockets. And it not hard to beat them with a br. The BR need to be made weaker so other weapons can compete with it or other weapons need to be made stronger.
People like it because it is a power weapons that can beat any other weapon in the game. Who does not like spawning with a power weapon like that. BR my weapon of choice but I love to see it removed from the game. It makes all other weapons worthless outside of the sniper rifle and rockets. And it not hard to beat them with a br. The BR need to be made weaker so other weapons can compete with it or other weapons need to be made stronger.
Other weapons can compete with it and do so, every game.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2