Is anyone else experiencing an issue with progressing their stats related to medals in multiplayer? I’m very close to unlocking the Dim Mak achievement (beat down 250 opponents in matchmade games) but for some reason recently my stats haven’t been updating. I know I’m receiving the beat down medals in matches that I’m playing, yet the number is still the same every time I check after.
Any chance you’re playing H3? For whatever reason, a lot of medals don’t count for achievements when you play H3.
tuhin94 wrote:
Any chance you’re playing H3? For whatever reason, a lot of medals don’t count for achievements when you play H3.
A lot of that is due to the fact that certain medals don’t even appear in H3 such as Assists, even though the game still counts your assists in that game. Beat downs though, I’m pretty sure H3 has them and them not tracking could simply be due to the glitchiness of the game. Had this happen many times when going for legendary medals.
tuhin94 wrote:
Any chance you’re playing H3? For whatever reason, a lot of medals don’t count for achievements when you play H3.
A lot of that is due to the fact that certain medals don’t even appear in H3 such as Assists, even though the game still counts your assists in that game. Beat downs though, I’m pretty sure H3 has them and them not tracking could simply be due to the glitchiness of the game. Had this happen many times when going for legendary medals.
The buggy nature of those medals are what I was referring. KOTH medals don't count either even though Halo 3 has a number of those.
tuhin94 wrote:
Any chance you’re playing H3? For whatever reason, a lot of medals don’t count for achievements when you play H3.
A lot of that is due to the fact that certain medals don’t even appear in H3 such as Assists, even though the game still counts your assists in that game. Beat downs though, I’m pretty sure H3 has them and them not tracking could simply be due to the glitchiness of the game. Had this happen many times when going for legendary medals.
Yeah, the stat-tracking for multiplayer achievements can be a bit glitchy sometimes.
I know that the Halo 3 Medals won’t register for in-game stats, but I’ve been getting beat down medals across all titles, not just 3. For whatever reason though, they don’t seem to update properly. Oh well lol
I know that the Halo 3 Medals won’t register for in-game stats, but I’ve been getting beat down medals across all titles, not just 3. For whatever reason though, they don’t seem to update properly. Oh well lol
Since the achievement only asks you to get beatdowns in multiplayer games, you can technically get them in Customs and Spartan Ops. Keep in mind that the modern definition of "Beat-Down" is different from the classic definition. A typical melee kill nets you a Melee medal, while a melee from behind (without triggering an assassination in H4) is a Beat-Down.

tuhin94 wrote:
tuhin94 wrote:
Any chance you’re playing H3? For whatever reason, a lot of medals don’t count for achievements when you play H3.
A lot of that is due to the fact that certain medals don’t even appear in H3 such as Assists, even though the game still counts your assists in that game. Beat downs though, I’m pretty sure H3 has them and them not tracking could simply be due to the glitchiness of the game. Had this happen many times when going for legendary medals.
The buggy nature of those medals are what I was referring. KOTH medals don't count either even though Halo 3 has a number of those.
I believe that Halo 3 has only one KotH medal: Earning 5 kills while in an uncontested hill. It's a really poor choice for earning KotH medals. The better games are 2, 2A, and 4.
Cizlin wrote:
I know that the Halo 3 Medals won’t register for in-game stats, but I’ve been getting beat down medals across all titles, not just 3. For whatever reason though, they don’t seem to update properly. Oh well lol
Since the achievement only asks you to get beatdowns in multiplayer games, you can technically get them in Customs and Spartan Ops. Keep in mind that the modern definition of "Beat-Down" is different from the classic definition. A typical melee kill nets you a Melee medal, while a Melee kill from behind (without triggering an assassination in H4) is a Beat-Down.

tuhin94 wrote:
tuhin94 wrote:
Any chance you’re playing H3? For whatever reason, a lot of medals don’t count for achievements when you play H3.
A lot of that is due to the fact that certain medals don’t even appear in H3 such as Assists, even though the game still counts your assists in that game. Beat downs though, I’m pretty sure H3 has them and them not tracking could simply be due to the glitchiness of the game. Had this happen many times when going for legendary medals.
The buggy nature of those medals are what I was referring. KOTH medals don't count either even though Halo 3 has a number of those.
I believe that Halo 3 has only one KotH medal: Earning 5 kills while in an uncontested hill. It's a really poor choice for earning KotH medals. The better games are 2, 2A, and 4.
Yep, agreed. I chose to avoid H3 entirely while I was going for that achievement because there were only a few that showed up and even those did not count toward the achievement.
yer it sucks
Cizlin wrote:
I know that the Halo 3 Medals won’t register for in-game stats, but I’ve been getting beat down medals across all titles, not just 3. For whatever reason though, they don’t seem to update properly. Oh well lol
Since the achievement only asks you to get beatdowns in multiplayer games, you can technically get them in Customs and Spartan Ops. Keep in mind that the modern definition of "Beat-Down" is different from the classic definition. A typical melee kill nets you a Melee medal, while a melee from behind (without triggering an assassination in H4) is a Beat-Down.

tuhin94 wrote:
tuhin94 wrote:
Any chance you’re playing H3? For whatever reason, a lot of medals don’t count for achievements when you play H3.
A lot of that is due to the fact that certain medals don’t even appear in H3 such as Assists, even though the game still counts your assists in that game. Beat downs though, I’m pretty sure H3 has them and them not tracking could simply be due to the glitchiness of the game. Had this happen many times when going for legendary medals.
The buggy nature of those medals are what I was referring. KOTH medals don't count either even though Halo 3 has a number of those.
I believe that Halo 3 has only one KotH medal: Earning 5 kills while in an uncontested hill. It's a really poor choice for earning KotH medals. The better games are 2, 2A, and 4.
I'm still confused as to why we don't get awarded MCC medals when playing Halo 3. It's like players are instantly at a disadvantage by playing Halo 3 where achievements and medals are concerned.
Cizlin wrote:
I know that the Halo 3 Medals won’t register for in-game stats, but I’ve been getting beat down medals across all titles, not just 3. For whatever reason though, they don’t seem to update properly. Oh well lol
Since the achievement only asks you to get beatdowns in multiplayer games, you can technically get them in Customs and Spartan Ops. Keep in mind that the modern definition of "Beat-Down" is different from the classic definition. A typical melee kill nets you a Melee medal, while a melee from behind (without triggering an assassination in H4) is a Beat-Down.

tuhin94 wrote:
tuhin94 wrote:
Any chance you’re playing H3? For whatever reason, a lot of medals don’t count for achievements when you play H3.
A lot of that is due to the fact that certain medals don’t even appear in H3 such as Assists, even though the game still counts your assists in that game. Beat downs though, I’m pretty sure H3 has them and them not tracking could simply be due to the glitchiness of the game. Had this happen many times when going for legendary medals.
The buggy nature of those medals are what I was referring. KOTH medals don't count either even though Halo 3 has a number of those.
I believe that Halo 3 has only one KotH medal: Earning 5 kills while in an uncontested hill. It's a really poor choice for earning KotH medals. The better games are 2, 2A, and 4.
Isn’t that more or less a typo on 343’s end though? I mean a melee kill from behind will grant you an assassination medal, but the achievement states for beat down medals. Like for example, in Halo 3 when you would melee kill an enemy it would state it as a beat down. I see your point though that MCC doesn’t use this classic definition for the achievement. I just think it should state that 250 assassination medals are required for this achievement instead of beat down medals, but at the end of the day it doesn’t really matter lol, I only have 8 more I need to obtain regardless.
Cizlin wrote:
I know that the Halo 3 Medals won’t register for in-game stats, but I’ve been getting beat down medals across all titles, not just 3. For whatever reason though, they don’t seem to update properly. Oh well lol
Since the achievement only asks you to get beatdowns in multiplayer games, you can technically get them in Customs and Spartan Ops. Keep in mind that the modern definition of "Beat-Down" is different from the classic definition. A typical melee kill nets you a Melee medal, while a melee from behind (without triggering an assassination in H4) is a Beat-Down.

tuhin94 wrote:
tuhin94 wrote:
Any chance you’re playing H3? For whatever reason, a lot of medals don’t count for achievements when you play H3.
A lot of that is due to the fact that certain medals don’t even appear in H3 such as Assists, even though the game still counts your assists in that game. Beat downs though, I’m pretty sure H3 has them and them not tracking could simply be due to the glitchiness of the game. Had this happen many times when going for legendary medals.
The buggy nature of those medals are what I was referring. KOTH medals don't count either even though Halo 3 has a number of those.
I believe that Halo 3 has only one KotH medal: Earning 5 kills while in an uncontested hill. It's a really poor choice for earning KotH medals. The better games are 2, 2A, and 4.
Isn’t that more or less a typo on 343’s end though? I mean a melee kill from behind will grant you an assassination medal, but the achievement states for beat down medals. Like for example, in Halo 3 when you would melee kill an enemy it would state it as a beat down. I see your point though that MCC doesn’t use this classic definition for the achievement. I just think it should state that 250 assassination medals are required for this achievement instead of beat down medals, but at the end of the day it doesn’t really matter lol, I only have 8 more I need to obtain regardless.
I think the reason for it requiring Beat Down medals is because Halo 4 gives the Assassination medal for performing the assassination animation. Obviously, with this definition of Assassination medals, your options are extremely limited for games offering the medal. Although the Halo 3 naming convention is used for the in-game medal flasher, it is usurped by the more modern definition of Beat Down to bring it in-line with Halo 4. They only really look at the medals in the PGCR, where the Beat Down medal is defined as a melee kill from behind.

Luckily, there's a complete rundown of the MCC medal-designations, I believe in the Career section. The page shows all of the medals that can be earned (with names), as well as which games offer them (although there are some errors in these designations, particularly with the Steaktacular medal). It's a great way to gauge which games will offer the most benefit for a particular medal type, and it can help clarify some of the confusion around which medals each achievement counts.
Cizlin wrote:
Cizlin wrote:
I know that the Halo 3 Medals won’t register for in-game stats, but I’ve been getting beat down medals across all titles, not just 3. For whatever reason though, they don’t seem to update properly. Oh well lol
Since the achievement only asks you to get beatdowns in multiplayer games, you can technically get them in Customs and Spartan Ops. Keep in mind that the modern definition of "Beat-Down" is different from the classic definition. A typical melee kill nets you a Melee medal, while a melee from behind (without triggering an assassination in H4) is a Beat-Down.

tuhin94 wrote:
tuhin94 wrote:
Any chance you’re playing H3? For whatever reason, a lot of medals don’t count for achievements when you play H3.
A lot of that is due to the fact that certain medals don’t even appear in H3 such as Assists, even though the game still counts your assists in that game. Beat downs though, I’m pretty sure H3 has them and them not tracking could simply be due to the glitchiness of the game. Had this happen many times when going for legendary medals.
The buggy nature of those medals are what I was referring. KOTH medals don't count either even though Halo 3 has a number of those.
I believe that Halo 3 has only one KotH medal: Earning 5 kills while in an uncontested hill. It's a really poor choice for earning KotH medals. The better games are 2, 2A, and 4.
Isn’t that more or less a typo on 343’s end though? I mean a melee kill from behind will grant you an assassination medal, but the achievement states for beat down medals. Like for example, in Halo 3 when you would melee kill an enemy it would state it as a beat down. I see your point though that MCC doesn’t use this classic definition for the achievement. I just think it should state that 250 assassination medals are required for this achievement instead of beat down medals, but at the end of the day it doesn’t really matter lol, I only have 8 more I need to obtain regardless.
I think the reason for it requiring Beat Down medals is because Halo 4 gives the Assassination medal for performing the assassination animation. Obviously, with this definition of Assassination medals, your options are extremely limited for games offering the medal. Although the Halo 3 naming convention is used for the in-game medal flasher, it is usurped by the more modern definition of Beat Down to bring it in-line with Halo 4. They only really look at the medals in the PGCR, where the Beat Down medal is defined as a melee kill from behind.

Luckily, there's a complete rundown of the MCC medal-designations, I believe in the Career section. The page shows all of the medals that can be earned (with names), as well as which games offer them (although there are some errors in these designations, particularly with the Steaktacular medal). It's a great way to gauge which games will offer the most benefit for a particular medal type, and it can help clarify some of the confusion around which medals each achievement counts.
Brilliant mate, you broke that down to a tee. Appreciate the response! On a side note, I’m saddened I didn’t make the cut for the Reach PvP flight on Xbox lol :( Anyone think November is a realistic month for the release date?

Edit: Scratch that, got my email. I’m in the flight! :-)