Skip to main content
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 17
I figured it out. You have to let the lunge do the work! 100% works I promise.

Mod edit: 2/6/2021
Hey folks, 343 have provided an update in the latest flighting update, closing this off based on that.
Please see the support topic linked here (and in their update) for details on how you should be able to fix the issue:
https://support.halowaypoint.com/hc/en-us/articles/360056553131
Quote:
If you have been having issues achieving the Mister Chief helmet for Halo: Reach from doing the “Because You Begged” Seasonal Challenge please head over to the Halo Support site and check out the workaround steps for both Xbox and PC HERE.

Long story short, anyone who had attempted the old achievement from Halo: Reach and successfully completed it, the logic for the achievement still lives in the game and it was marked as completed and saved in your profile’s data. Clearing that data through the work around, now makes it so when you complete it, the challenge can unlock appropriately.

Please follow the steps in the link above and we will see you all rocking out in the Mister Chief helmets soon enough! Thank you for your patience and we will let players know if there’s anything else we see possibly causing a ruckus with this one.

For some eager beavers however, this workaround won’t impact everyone’s issue. There is another one scenario when the Season was changing over, roughly 300 players unlocked it prior the game update on January 27th. For the select few who encountered this, we have completed a manual grant of the Mister Chief helmet today, so you suit up your Spartan proudly with the Mister Chief.
Yo, is this challenge not unlocking for anyone else? I haven't had any achievement or challenge issues in a while but I did this one 100% correct.

-Halo Reach
-Pillar of Autumn
-Legendary
-Soon as the mission starts
-Jump off the cliff and assassinate the elite

*I even tried cancelling sprint before the kill, and not cancelling before the kill
*I even tried with the AR and with the Magnum

Any advice? Thanks in advance
Just got it, I specifically got the assassination where you stomp on his head.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Yo, is this challenge not unlocking for anyone else? I haven't had any achievement or challenge issues in a while but I did this one 100% correct.

-Halo Reach
-Pillar of Autumn
-Legendary
-Soon as the mission starts
-Jump off the cliff and assassinate the elite

*I even tried cancelling sprint before the kill, and not cancelling before the kill
*I even tried with the AR and with the Magnum

Any advice? Thanks in advance
Do it on the mission Nightfall. I got it first try and made a guide on YouTube
yoo this happened to me too :(

I spent embarrassingly long doing it...
did it twice now on Pillar of Autumn with no unlock. going to try the nightfall way now but I'm a bit pissed
Bruh five times in a row and nothing.
You guys doing it on normal? I know it doesn't specify but sometimes having it on easy can mess it up.
You guys doing it on normal? I know it doesn't specify but sometimes having it on easy can mess it up.
I'm doing it legendary, tried both nightfall and PoA and no luck on each. :/
Literally done it 20 times flawlessly and still nothing.
The challenge doesn't work on Pillar of Autumn anymore because the fall doesn't kill you for some reason.
The challenge doesn't work on Pillar of Autumn anymore because the fall doesn't kill you for some reason.
It's killed me a bunch when the elite has moved and I've seen it done on PoA.
This is incorrect. I just did it on PoA and that fall definitely does kill you.
I believe I know what is causing it to fail, the fall sometimes does not kill you if you attempt to melee at the right time, and fail to land the hit, because of the lunge, this removes falling momentum and is probably the reason the challenge is failing, because of the removal of the momentum... sadly its a wait for 343 to fix ordeal, or keep trying and hope you get lucky like some people have :/
Doesn't work for me either, tried multiple times.
Spent an hour doing this, assassinated a lot of Elites and even Grunts, and nothing. The challenge has broken detection.
Just got mine Few minutes ago. Did it on Pillar of Autumn on top of the cliff side at the beginning. Did not take even 5 minutes.
Finally got it to unlock for me on Pillar of Autumn normal difficulty. Honestly I think the detection is just borked because the time it unlocked was identical to 3 other times i tried that it didn't
This challenge will probably go just like the achievement.... Just because you assassinated the elite doesn't mean you "survived the fall"... It's very very frustrating. I did easily over 100 times on the 360 where I either assassinated him or fell to my death and never got the achievement. That is why I am dreading trying this. Odds are the juice won't be worth this squeeze so to speak.
Tried many times on PoE didnt get it... did it on Nightfall first attempt. reg melee kill first elite (from behind). then performed the assassination on the elite below.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 17