[Locked] Because you begged

OP BeasonSeason

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 15
  4. 16
  5. ...
  6. 17
I know I'm a bit late to this topic so if what I'm about to say has already been noticed then ignore it but I've noticed that on PoA it doesn't always do fall damage registration. So even if you do get the assassination because there was no fatal fall momentum being "recorded"(for lack of a better term) in-game then the challenge won't register. The way I've noticed this is jumping off the cliff, not trying to get the Elite, & just trying to see if I take any fall damage upon hitting the ground. If I was completely fine then I knew the challenge wouldn't unlock due to, again, no fall damage momentum being recorded by the game. So, with that being said, it's not necessarily the challenge itself that's bugged. It's the fact that "fall damage logging" by the game's code is what's screwing people up for completing the challenge.
Got this after clearing my local and cloud saves i my games and apps on xbox. Was definitely bugged.
Jaidabecca wrote:
I know I'm a bit late to this topic so if what I'm about to say has already been noticed then ignore it but I've noticed that on PoA it doesn't always do fall damage registration. So even if you do get the assassination because there was no fatal fall momentum being "recorded"(for lack of a better term) in-game then the challenge won't register. The way I've noticed this is jumping off the cliff, not trying to get the Elite, & just trying to see if I take any fall damage upon hitting the ground. If I was completely fine then I knew the challenge wouldn't unlock due to, again, no fall damage momentum being recorded by the game. So, with that being said, it's not necessarily the challenge itself that's bugged. It's the fact that "fall damage logging" by the game's code is what's screwing people up for completing the challenge.
343 staff have confirmed that the logic that tracks this challenge is finicky, but there is a bug somewhere. Many folks including myself were unable to unlock the challenge after hours worth of grinding. Within 20 minutes after resetting my saved data I unlocked it. People have documented that some accounts just don’t unlock the challenge and newer accounts have an easier time unlocking it.

Also to explain why didn’t take fall damage sometimes it’s because you jumped to quickly after a checkpoint. You have brief fall damage invulnerability after a checkpoint for some reason which isn’t the fault of the challenge. Additionally it would appear that the fall doesn’t even need to be fatal as folks have unlocked the challenge on the start of nightfall which isn’t a fatal drop.
Guys. I can tell you 100% the answer is to let the lunge do the work. Confirmed on a second account, got it on the first try that I did it.
Hey folks, 343 have provided an update in the latest flighting update, closing this off based on that.
Please see the support topic linked here (and in their update) for details on how you should be able to fix the issue:
https://support.halowaypoint.com/hc/en-us/articles/360056553131
Quote:
If you have been having issues achieving the Mister Chief helmet for Halo: Reach from doing the “Because You Begged” Seasonal Challenge please head over to the Halo Support site and check out the workaround steps for both Xbox and PC HERE.

Long story short, anyone who had attempted the old achievement from Halo: Reach and successfully completed it, the logic for the achievement still lives in the game and it was marked as completed and saved in your profile’s data. Clearing that data through the work around, now makes it so when you complete it, the challenge can unlock appropriately.

Please follow the steps in the link above and we will see you all rocking out in the Mister Chief helmets soon enough! Thank you for your patience and we will let players know if there’s anything else we see possibly causing a ruckus with this one.

For some eager beavers however, this workaround won’t impact everyone’s issue. There is another one scenario when the Season was changing over, roughly 300 players unlocked it prior the game update on January 27th. For the select few who encountered this, we have completed a manual grant of the Mister Chief helmet today, so you suit up your Spartan proudly with the Mister Chief.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 15
  4. 16
  5. ...
  6. 17