Skip to main content
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
So, I finally got finished downloading the meaty Season 8 update and immediately I noticed that the Bishop helmet from the flight and whatnot is gone. The rest seem to be present, but it's just not here! That was like, one of my favorite ones from the new armors! What gives?
Cross for the visor. Religious imagery. I mean it's based on a crusader and they wore crosses PROUDLY. Or maybe there was a visual bug with the helmet.
They should remove all Covenant imagery from the multiplayer if the problem was "religious imagery." And disable playable Elites too, since their species executed the attempted genocide of all humanity.
They should remove all Covenant imagery from the multiplayer if the problem was "religious imagery." And disable playable Elites too, since their species executed the attempted genocide of all humanity.
The Covenant aren't real, though, the cross and the crusader influence reference real world institutions and atrocities, respectively.

As much as I think the specific religious influences were a little tone-deaf, I had a great montage idea which that helmet would really have tied together, and it was one of the better looking helmets with this update, IMO. Fingers crossed (heh) it releases in the future, it seems like a lot of work to throw away, perhaps a redesign is possible?
Covenant doesn't share real-world imagery. Yeah there's a buttload of references, Bungie intended it to be. This may be a part 2 to the sirens nameplate, but they didn't remove the logos of the NMPD when they could've. I'm not mad just highly disappointed. Loved the helmet.
Are you kidding me?? I was excited to use that helmet!

They can have methuselah or whoever and devil horns and a skull for a helmet but not a cross.
I am sincerely disappointed int his decision…

I know my lone opinion won’t bring it back but they should know that some wanted that helmet.
Yea well crusades or not I’m catholic and think it’d be cool to rock a cross on my visor. I was so excited for this helmet and really was looking to play mcc until infinite while rocking this helmet but now I’m just not even goin to play mcc. Stupid decision and if it’ll be brought back it’ll be way too late so sorry 343 been loving everything you’ve been doin so far including infinite and it’s flight but this is just bull I won’t be playing season 8….
I doubt the helmet would have made it into the flights if 343 didn't intend to include it. It also has lore, and a small following, so they knew what they were doing when they designed it. Besides, it's based on crusade armour, which very visually had crosses all over it.

My guess is, they probably either messed up and forgot to add it, or something bugged out and we can't see it. Either way, let's not assume this was a deliberate thing on their part until they give us the details.

Besides, nobody was exclusively complaining about it from what I saw on here and reddit, it seemed kinda' well recived. And clearly there's a market since people are talking about it here.
Quote:
Quote:
The Covenant aren't real, though,
We are talking about the company that removed the New Mombasa Police Department nameplate tho.
Now it's funny cause in this season 8 they didn't release the bishop helmet but female and male body types are replaced by light and heavy armor, it's all about politics and that's pretty sad.
Kaineyyyyy wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
The Covenant aren't real, though,
We are talking about the company that removed the New Mombasa Police Department nameplate tho.
Now it's funny cause in this season 8 they didn't release the bishop helmet but female and male body types are replaced by light and heavy armor, it's all about politics and that's pretty sad.
American politics might not be to blame here, we don't know why it hasn't been included yet.

And believe me, I'm curious as everyone else, but we need to be patient here before we blame any particular thing. Think of it like this; if we don't exercise patience, then we look no better then impulse based reactionaries, or crying children.
This is going to be another overly political thread. I know it.
nah i just wanna be a crusader
Quote:
I doubt the helmet would have made it into the flights if 343 didn't intend to include it. It also has lore, and a small following, so they knew what they were doing when they designed it. Besides, it's based on crusade armour, which very visually had crosses all over it.

My guess is, they probably either messed up and forgot to add it, or something bugged out and we can't see it. Either way, let's not assume this was a deliberate thing on their part until they give us the details.

Besides, nobody was exclusively complaining about it from what I saw on here and reddit, it seemed kinda' well recived. And clearly there's a market since people are talking about it here.
Yeah, people sure were looking forward to it.
I was!
Quote:
To be fair, 343 makes things political by removing content. Before that, it isn't political at all.
Bring back sense. Bring back Bishop.
Each Mythology they added had their bad share of bad things done but sure Bishop helmet bad I guess….

And to quick edit, the Belos chest piece had its Sparta Symbol removed off the Chest
my theory would be that, if you use that helmet in combination with fire helmet armor effects you get something that eludes to a burning cross which is a hate symbol in the US.
Each Mythology they added had their bad share of bad things done but sure Bishop helmet bad I guess….

And to quick edit, the Belos chest piece had its Sparta Symbol removed off the Chest
It's like someone at 343 who's on twitter too much power walked to their boss after seeing the season 8 trailer and demanded changes.
If it's gone, I'm glad. The "deus vult" fascy types out there didn't need that validation from 343. I'm sure some folks liked it for some innocent enough (if maybe callous and/or ignorant) reasons. But there"s a reason why a bunch of white supremacists love crusader imagery, and that ought to be considered critically.
PfenixFyre wrote:
If it's gone, I'm glad. The "deus vult" fascy types out there didn't need that validation from 343. I'm sure some folks liked it for some innocent enough (if maybe callous and/or ignorant) reasons. But there"s a reason why a bunch of white supremacists love crusader imagery, and that ought to be considered critically.
Hold on, that's a bold claim to say white supremacy is involved. That has nothing to do with anything here at all.

Also, your not being very empathetic/sympathetic.
sniper945 wrote:
PfenixFyre wrote:
Hold on, that's a bold claim to say white supremacy is involved. That has nothing to do with anything here at all.

Also, your not being very empathetic/sympathetic.
Agreed. Fact is people are wanting this helmet. It certainly has gotten some attention on Reddit and here because of it. A lot of people saying they were specifically wanted THAT helmet. I know my friend and I were for sure.

(BTW, I Ike you said “empathetic/sympathetic” because we all should be!)
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4