Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Booted because of betrayl but I did not touch him

OP GsG91990

We played Halo 3 Team Slayer BR on Narrows. A teammate started to fire his gun and I got a hit I just ran away but he decided to jump out of the map and I got an betrayl he repeated this 3 times and I was booted... Has some experienced this before or did I have bad luck?

Here is the Video on his POV
https://1drv.ms/v/s!AkbyaYKhMcbK7DCeAKj1qUrCm1PX
Unfortunately, there are players like that who just want to boot their teammates for the hell of it :-/ Best thing is to block and report and hope that Xbox takes care of it.
This has happened to me twice, and it'll probably happen again. This glitch had been in the game since 2007 and has yet to be fixed, and the new ban system just makes it even worse.

One time on Narrows some dude started team killing just cuz I picked up the sniper, then proceeded to use the glitch to get me booted.

Anothet time it was on black out. Why he did it? Idk. I guess ppl have nothing better to do with their time than exploit games online.

Ive brought this up before and was told that fixing it is not priority. I'm just gonna take a wild guess and say it will never get fixed so we'll just all have to be on the honor system and trust that your teammates won't use the glitch.

Stuff like this happens more when you're a lower rank or in social. Once you reach lvl 20 and above, you'll only encounter a few people who make it their goals to ruin other people's time.
don't let them touch u i guess
theres also ways to do this on snowbound and ghost town so watch yourself
What a classic you have to run away and not let them touch you also you can do it in other maps but narrows is the one easy
GsG91990 wrote:
We played Halo 3 Team Slayer BR on Narrows. A teammate started to fire his gun and I got a hit I just ran away but he decided to jump out of the map and I got an betrayl he repeated this 3 times and I was booted... Has some experienced this before or did I have bad luck?

Here is the Video on his POV
https://1drv.ms/v/s!AkbyaYKhMcbK7DCeAKj1qUrCm1PX
Had that happen before in original H3. Snowbound, guy killed me, I punched him, he ran outside past the turrets and I somehow betrayed him. He punched me, I punched him back, he got in a mongoose, drove to the other side of the level, and I got booted for a betrayal that never happened. It's sad to hear this game breaking glitch is still in H3. It's not a betrayal unless you kill the guy, it's as simple as that.
Oh man, you should report this in the official feedback thread. This is almost like an exploit.
LarsBars wrote:
Oh man, you should report this in the official feedback thread. This is almost like an exploit.
This has been around since Halo 3's release. Of course I hope it'll be fixed, but I doubt it. There are other issues it seems 343i is more focused on. I would sure like to think they will fix it, though.
What I'm more surprised about is that Bungie never bothered to fix it.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
What I'm more surprised about is that Bungie never bothered to fix it.
The oldest Youtube video I can find on it is from Oct 2009, and it only has 51 comments on it. Sure it has almost 10,000 views, but that only boils down to 1000 views a year since then.

so we can assume that the glitch began getting popular around this time, and also during this time was the release of ODST and it was right before Halo Reach came out. Whether or not it was discusses on the Bungie dot net forums, who knows, but I think it's safe to say that Bungie had it's hands full with the two newer games and either didn't have the time or care to fix it back in the day.

really would have been nice if they did tho.
I must say that I first heard about this glitch only recently despite playing Halo 3 since 2008. I am very surprised Bungie never patched it as it's clearly a huge exploit. This definitely needs to be addressed by 343, although I don't know whether they are able to patch something like this.
The oldest Youtube video I can find on it is from Oct 2009, and it only has 51 comments on it. Sure it has almost 10,000 views, but that only boils down to 1000 views a year since then.
I found one from 2008, but anyway, I know 343 is aware of the glitch so hopefully it will eventually get fixed.
Yazite wrote:
I must say that I first heard about this glitch only recently despite playing Halo 3 since 2008. I am very surprised Bungie never patched it as it's clearly a huge exploit. This definitely needs to be addressed by 343, although I don't know whether they are able to patch something like this.
I don't know about a patch, but they could just do something like implement some forge features onto the maps in order to prevent the exploit spots.

Example: just put a crate or wood pallet to block the spot on Blackout under the sword, and create a barrier that blocks people from falling onto the power strip under Narrows.

seems like a pretty easy fix that any forger could do, and all without digging into the code of the game.
i just "betrayed" a teammate twice in a row without shooting him.not even sure how thats possible, but his name was "betray me daddy" and he was team killing as soon as the game started. starting to think this game is somehow modded by some people
i just "betrayed" a teammate twice in a row without shooting him.not even sure how thats possible, but his name was ... and he was team killing as soon as the game started. starting to think this game is somehow modded by some peopleI
I lol'ed at the name, but you might want to edit that out since calling out isn't allowed. It's not modding, but just an old glitch that was never fixed which people still exploit.
I would love for there to just be a permanent ban for this crap.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
i just "betrayed" a teammate twice in a row without shooting him.not even sure how thats possible, but his name was ... and he was team killing as soon as the game started. starting to think this game is somehow modded by some peopleI
I lol'ed at the name, but you might want to edit that out since calling out isn't allowed. It's not modding, but just an old glitch that was never fixed which people still exploit.
whats the glitch, though? it was team snipers, no grenades, second time it happened i had just spawned and no one was even near me
whats the glitch, though? it was team snipers, no grenades, second time it happened i had just spawned and no one was even near me
He bumps into you and then purposely dies.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
He collides with your player model and then proceeds to be killed by the guardians. Which, for whatever weird reason, sees this as a betrayal.
<p></p>