Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

bought MCC bundle and REACH and ODST wasnt there.

OP LT FreeBorn2856

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
hi all, i bought the MCC bundle and reach and ODST wasnt there, idk if this is a bug, i checked the "manage game and add-ons" and it wasnt there. i feel like i got scammed out of 40$ and 2 hours of my time, what do i do? And yes i DID let the game finish downloading before writing this.
edit: dont tell me "go to manage game and add ons" because they ain't there!
Did you buy it physically or digitally. Because right now you only get Reach and ODST for free if you buy MCC digitally. You have to buy them separately if you bought physically at least for now. Who knows maybe one day they'll start putting vouchers in the new game cases for them.
odst and reach are paid dlc you need to buy them and then download them.
Ki11s0n3 wrote:
Did you buy it physically or digitally. Because right now you only get Reach and ODST for free if you buy MCC digitally. You have to buy them separately if you bought physically at least for now. Who knows maybe one day they'll start putting vouchers in the new game cases for them.
digitally
Ki11s0n3 wrote:
digitally
If you just bought it like today. Try going to the xbox store on your console and to the game pages to see if it says you own them. If it says it doesn't and you made sure the game installed absolutely everything you might have to contact Xbox Support because they are supposed to come with it now.
i know that, but i bought the bundle so that shouldnt matter! (bundle includes MCC, REACH, AND ODST) so, idk what the problem is. and i DONT want to buy it again because thats an option!
i know that, but i bought the bundle so that shouldnt matter! (bundle includes MCC, REACH, AND ODST) so, idk what the problem is. and i DONT want to buy it again because thats an option!
If you bought the bundle and you're sure it installed everything and even went to the game pages and it says you don't own them you'll probably have to contact Xbox Support and they should just activate the games for your account.
I own it digitally bit i went to "manage games and add ons" and I had to select halo reach via game pass
Ki11s0n3 wrote:
Ki11s0n3 wrote:
digitally
If you just bought it like today. Try going to the xbox store on your console and to the game pages to see if it says you own them. If it says it doesn't and you made sure the game installed absolutely everything you might have to contact Xbox Support because they are supposed to come with it now.
went there and it said i bought MCC but not reach or ODST, problem i bought the bundle and it says i dont own them
I own it digitally bit i went to "manage games and add ons" and I had to select halo reach via game pass
first and foremost, i bought the bundle so this doesnt apply to me, AND WHY SHOULD I HAVE TO BUY ANOTHER THING TO GET ACCESS TO SOMETHING I ALREADY BOUGHT/OWN!!?!?!!!!??? To me, it seems like microsoft is trying to milk me dry and i dont want to rebuy it (because thats an option for whatever reason :/)
Ki11s0n3 wrote:
Ki11s0n3 wrote:
digitally
went there and it said i bought MCC but not reach or ODST, problem i bought the bundle and it says i dont own them
Best bet is to contact Xbox Support and find out why you didn't get them. They should still be open I think they actually do call ins instead of just email. it'd be faster.
first and foremost, i bought the bundle so this doesnt apply to me, AND WHY SHOULD I HAVE TO BUY ANOTHER THING TO GET ACCESS TO SOMETHING I ALREADY BOUGHT/OWN!!?!?!!!!??? To me, it seems like microsoft is trying to milk me dry and i dont want to rebuy it (because thats an option for whatever reason :/)
The bundle just give you base mcc plus the odst and reach dlc. You still have to download said dlc because they are still classified as add on's

Going to manage games and add on is how you check if you have the dlc or not, but you still have to go there and select to download it.
I already owned MCC (since first launch..not so good memories) and pre-ordered Reach...same issue. I’ve got receipt of payment but can’t download and MS wants me to pay again. I too have done the reset and game management....none of this helps. It’s not you...another MCC launch I’m afraid.
This is a necro and a little bit off topic, do you qualify for odst dlc for free when you play a multiplayer game or just sign onto xbox live and launch mcc.
I already owned MCC (since first launch..not so good memories) and pre-ordered Reach...same issue. I’ve got receipt of payment but can’t download and MS wants me to pay again. I too have done the reset and game management....none of this helps. It’s not you...another MCC launch I’m afraid.
I've personally brought this to Xbox/Microsoft support, the payment went through, you know on how if you buy something and it goes to your Xbox/Microsoft purchases, my purchase never went there so they didn't see the payment, then said "since we have no way to prove you bought it, we cant help you, sorry! The best thing for you to do is buy reach and ODST individually see if that helps." then THEY ENDED IT, of course, this is a VERY SMALL part of this otherwise this would've been the entire convo here, but it worked at least, spent $15 more to get something I already own... what a waste! spent $55, $40 for MCC bundle (SPOILER: bundle didn't work!) had to spend $15 more to get reach and ODST... sadly.
went there as well, didn't find anything and MS told me to buy them individually, (reach = 10, ODST = 5, MCC bundle = 40) $55 down PLUS tax! (which came to around $57)
Ki11s0n3 wrote:
If you bought the bundle and you're sure it installed everything and even went to the game pages and it says you don't own them you'll probably have to contact Xbox Support and they should just activate the games for your account.
MS says to "buy reach and ODST individually, see if that works" which it did, the bundle payment went through but never got to my "purchase history" tab on XBOX/Microsoft website and since i had "no way of proving it" i was stuck, buy them individually and waste $15, or dont get them and save $15 but miss out on it anyway. So i bought Reach and ODST individually wasted $15 but WAS IT WORTH IT??? no, no it wasnt! $55 down and cant really defend myself because they had no record of me buying it, so i gave up and bought reach and odst individually. Reach is surprisingly great! (although wasted $10) halo Ce-4 i have no comment because im having a fantastic time playing reach currently on exodus
EDIT: still want that $15 tho
Ki11s0n3 wrote:
MS says to "buy reach and ODST individually, see if that works" which it did, the bundle payment went through but never got to my "purchase history" tab on XBOX/Microsoft website and since i had "no way of proving it" i was stuck, buy them individually and waste $15, or dont get them and save $15 but miss out on it anyway. So i bought Reach and ODST individually wasted $15 but WAS IT WORTH IT??? no, no it wasnt! $55 down and cant really defend myself because they had no record of me buying it, so i gave up and bought reach and odst individually. Reach is surprisingly great! (although wasted $10) halo Ce-4 i have no comment because im having a fantastic time playing reach currently on exodus
That sucks sorry to hear that.
Ki11s0n3 wrote:
This sounds extremely unlikely that it wouldn't show in your purchase history.
Did you use a credit card?
You could have provided them with proof of purchase.

Or call your CC company and get them to give you the $$ back, showing them what happened.
went there as well, didn't find anything and MS told me to buy them individually, (reach = 10, ODST = 5, MCC bundle = 40) $55 down PLUS tax! (which came to around $57)
Wtf, cant you check your bank statement that shows it?

Also, long shot but any possible chance that you bought the OLDER mcc that did not include odst and reach? I believe the older vesion has a blue helmet and the newer one has a green helmet. Thats all i can think of beyond that.

Still, sorry that happened man! But at least overall the bundle is absolutely worth it imo.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2