Skip to main content
I recently got into the Halo Master Chief Collection and I was super excited to find that grifball was on there. Then, two days after I started playing, they took it off. Could you please make it permanent? It is one of the best social game modes out there.
Betrayed ball. It gets added monthly once a week I believe. Should be its own playlist tho or at least in action sack
Grifball was permanent at one point, but was put into rotation for reasons never publicly given. It is suspected that exp boosting was the cause.
Betrayed ball. It gets added monthly once a week I believe. Should be its own playlist tho or at least in action sack
It's once a month for the first week of the month. It was forever but got exploited for xp.
RaechieMae wrote:
I recently got into the Halo Master Chief Collection and I was super excited to find that grifball was on there. Then, two days after I started playing, they took it off. Could you please make it permanent? It is one of the best social game modes out there.
Grifball is not constantly on rotation for a few key reasons:

1. Its easy to betray teammates, intentionally or not. This isnt fun.

2. Its easy to stand at your base with the bomb for entire rounds. This isnt fun.

3. Grifball is known for being used by AFK XP boosters to boost. This. Isnt. Fun.

4. Grifball has awful abusable spawns. This isnt fun.

Now please stop asking. Grifball has a history of being insufferable trite. Half of the problems are due to the players and not the gametype. Maybe if y’all didnt grief, AFK, teamkill and stand about like a doofus with the ball Grifball could have been more frequent but y’all cant be trusted.
Grifball was permanent at one point, but was put into rotation for reasons never publicly given. It is suspected that exp boosting was the cause.
Suspected? It literally was the cause. People just AFK’d or stood at their spawn with the ball whilst the other 3 players acted as bodyguards.

It wasnt fun. Still isnt. Trying to get in a match of Grifball just sucks because you’re dreading the accidental teamkills or that douchecanoe standing with the ball behind his 3 bouncers.
Suspected? It literally was the cause. People just AFK’d or stood at their spawn with the ball whilst the other 3 players acted as bodyguards.

It wasnt fun. Still isnt. Trying to get in a match of Grifball just sucks because you’re dreading the accidental teamkills or that douchecanoe standing with the ball behind his 3 bouncers.
I know it was. I only say suspected as no official statement was given.

Actually, the original culprit is OG's Reach. Simple Grifball got turned in Boostball. Those who tried to play the game normally were targeted by the whole lobby until they quit or game over.
On MCC, my matches are pretty normal. It can also be hard to get the ball in when you die in 1-2 hits. So when i see i'm outnumbered by the enemy protecting the goal, i back up and hope my team clears the path. The hammer has more range then the ball and sword beats ball. So yes, i'm choosing the keep the ball with us rather then going for it and being stopped. Though there are some who just rush the goal and somehow succeed.
Plus, the spawns suck in general. All it takes is one camper to trigger the spawns to be only one sided. I don't know how they have better hammer timing then mine.

Actually, the original culprit is OG's Reach. Simple Grifball got turned in Boostball. Those who tried to play the game normally were targeted by the whole lobby until they quit or game over.
On MCC, my matches are pretty normal. It can also be hard to get the ball in when you die in 1-2 hits. So when i see i'm outnumbered by the enemy protecting the goal, i back up and hope my team clears the path. The hammer has more range then the ball and sword beats ball. So yes, i'm choosing the keep the ball with us rather then going for it and being stopped. Though there are some who just rush the goal and somehow succeed.
Plus, the spawns suck in general. All it takes is one camper to trigger the spawns to be only one sided. I don't know how they have better hammer timing then mine.
Ive seen literally everything I described in my other comment on MCC and OG reach. All 4 of my main criticisms of Grifball. Good that you had better matches but sucky that some folk, like me, just arent getting good matches.