K, this is more of a rant than anything, so I don't know if it's the right spot. However, this needs to be said. At the start of the match, if you spawn and feel like you need to race to the power weapons, i.e. the sniper/rockets, DO NOT WASTE A VEHICLE ON YOUR SELFISH -Yoink-. That vehicle could be put to a far better use than taxiing your egotistical butt to the rockets that may or may not net you at most probably 4 kills, and I guarantee, unless you're some MLG Pro on a certified circuit, you're not as good at sniping as you think you are. That sniper's going to be left on the ground right where you left it because there's always someone better than you. If you absolutely feel you need a ride to those weapons, there's a passenger seat in the Warthog. Then, if you are absolutely convinced you can't get kills without the power weapons, maybe you need to reevaluate how much of a crutch they are and learn to use the starting weapons. I mean, BTB at this point is all DMRs/BRs, so it's not like you're struggling against a sniper with an AR.
Good luck getting selfish players to stop this. Even in other games it is rampant. Example is in MW, if a player realizes they will not reach a helicopter before others they will try to blow it up instead so others can't get it. Same kinda mentality in Halo unfortunately. Most players look at vehicles as simple transportation rather than a power weapons within itself
A smart compromise would be to use the vehicle to get the weapon, then hop back into it to drive it back to the base where you will get more use of the weapon from a safer location and others can use the vehicle for better things.
A smart compromise would be to use the vehicle to get the weapon, then hop back into it to drive it back to the base where you will get more use of the weapon from a safer location and others can use the vehicle for better things.
I can see that, but they don't. Plus, sometimes that time waiting on them is time wasted that could have been used to gain ground.
Good luck getting selfish players to stop this. Even in other games it is rampant. Example is in MW, if a player realizes they will not reach a helicopter before others they will try to blow it up instead so others can't get it. Same kinda mentality in Halo unfortunately. Most players look at vehicles as simple transportation rather than a power weapons within itself
Agreed. I play the Battlefield games from time to time and it's filled with sniper who are always bottom of the roster but decide that helicopter is better suited to fly them up to a tall building or something.
As far as I have seen this happen it will usually happen with a mongoose, warthog and sometimes a ghost. Vehicles that are sometimes left behind anyway, I wouldn't worry to much if you are bothered by it as there will always be selfish people playing team games, whatever game.
The only vehicle that I could understand causing concern would be the warthog. A ghost isn't very viable at dealing damage to intelligent players. I will take a ghost to a weapon because I would rather my team mates be able to intelligently deal damage. A ghost on Halo 2/3 is an easy kill. So I support taking vehicles as long as its only a ghost
I could do with reduced vehicle respawn times. It kinda sucks having to wait half the match for the scorpion to respawn after some random guy with a rocket launcher 2 shots it.
I could do with reduced vehicle respawn times. It kinda sucks having to wait half the match for the scorpion to respawn after some random guy with a rocket launcher 2 shots it.
It should be 2 shot with rockets. As far as spawning, each map has different times for it. Not sure which Halo you are referring to. But the scorpion gets pretty overpowered as you progress through the halos.
It should be 2 shot with rockets. As far as spawning, each map has different times for it. Not sure which Halo you are referring to. But the scorpion gets pretty overpowered as you progress through the halos.
I'm referring to halo reach on the highlands map. and I agree that it can get OP but I mean, come on, is it really fair to get into a scorpion and be like "sweet! Now I can finally get some kills!" only to get 2 shot by some random bronze tier T-bagging in a corner with a rocket launcher and a shotgun?
The only vehicle that I could understand causing concern would be the warthog. A ghost isn't very viable at dealing damage to intelligent players. I will take a ghost to a weapon because I would rather my team mates be able to intelligently deal damage. A ghost on Halo 2/3 is an easy kill. So I support taking vehicles as long as its only a ghost
The only one I don't mind being taken are the Mongooses. I've seen, and done, some damage done by a competent Ghost pilot. Yeah, if you're being an idiot and just blindly charging the enemy, you're not going to be as effective for long. However, sometimes it's better to flank the enemy with a ghost and cause them to have to fight on two fronts so the side your team is fighting from gets less resistance.
Mongoose's and Warthog's are designed for speed. And if the vehicle doesn't get returned, so what? It will end up respawning before game over. It's not like they are taking tanks or aircraft, getting the map center weapon and leaving that vehicle there for the enemy to grab.

Like vehicles, players will race to the power weapons on other non vehicle maps. So either join in and try to be the first to grab it or wait for the respawn. Or play Infection where there's no vehicles or power weapons.
Mongoose's and Warthog's are designed for speed. And if the vehicle doesn't get returned, so what? It will end up respawning before game over. It's not like they are taking tanks or aircraft, getting the map center weapon and leaving that vehicle there for the enemy to grab.

Like vehicles, players will race to the power weapons on other non vehicle maps. So either join in and try to be the first to grab it or wait for the respawn. Or play Infection where there's no vehicles or power weapons.
Mongooses, yes. Warthogs, I completely disagree. The fact it has a gunner seat, and seeing the havoc a well-coordinated team can cause with one means it's not a transport vehicle. Mongooses are strictly a transport vehicle. You won't last long tearing through the map for extended periods.

Nothing's more frustrating than hopping in the gunner seat of a hog, then being stranded because your -Yoink- driver leaves you stranded just so he can snipe and immediately got overwhelmed.
JDT92 wrote:
Nothing's more frustrating than hopping in the gunner seat of a hog, then being stranded because your -Yoink- driver leaves you stranded
I usually laugh when I see that happen. I've used vehicles to get to the snipe or better vehicles, but no one else was going for them.
JDT92 wrote:

Mongooses, yes. Warthogs, I completely disagree. The fact it has a gunner seat, and seeing the havoc a well-coordinated team can cause with one means it's not a transport vehicle. Mongooses are strictly a transport vehicle. You won't last long tearing through the map for extended periods.

Nothing's more frustrating than hopping in the gunner seat of a hog, then being stranded because your -Yoink- driver leaves you stranded just so he can snipe and immediately got overwhelmed.
Yeah that drives me nuts when the driver abandons you for a weapon or another vehicle. If you get in the driver's seat of a hog or anything else that has a gunner in it, then you commit to being the driver.
Noone now days likes to ride in vehicles with people. In the good ol' days, all it took was a slide stop/ toot toot, and ¾ of people would get in. Now days you do that, and you have a ¾ chance, that your own team will start shooting at you, because they're either dumb, or think youryo the enemy, I really don't know what that answer is.
I don't bother getting in Warthogs cause most of the time the driver is terrible and gets you both killed.
Noone now days likes to ride in vehicles with people. In the good ol' days, all it took was a slide stop/ toot toot, and ¾ of people would get in. Now days you do that, and you have a ¾ chance, that your own team will start shooting at you, because they're either dumb, or think youryo the enemy, I really don't know what that answer is.
I can understand that, I play a lot of BTB. So many noobs just drive up and start honking the horn constantly, I ignore them, I know if I get in he will just go for splatters ,get too close to the targets and get us both killed. But they rarely take no for an answer, if you don't get in they start ramming as if they didn't already have your attention. I can understand why someone would shoot at them to get them to go away.
I'm in two minds on this. On the one hand if you start driving a hog you should commit if someone gets in your gunner seat. Maybe get out and grab a weapon to deny it if you can do so safely but then get back to driving.

A ghost is a 50/50 because there's generally a lot of them around and it's rare that a single ghost is a difference maker whereas a good sniper Rockets Splaser or even denying the enemy a Banshee Scorpion Wraith Mantis or falcon can be.

Mongeese? Take them and get rid!
If you are on my team and you're one of those people who gets in a goose and drives around constantly beeping your horn I won't team kill but I'm definitely letting you get killed asap if the situation arises.

On to the warthog gunner seat debate if I'm on foot and a hog drives up beeping its horn I'll generally get in unless I have a power weapon in which case I'll look from side to side as a way of saying no while rapidly switching weapon to emphasize I have a power weapon
I can understand that, I play a lot of BTB. So many noobs just drive up and start honking the horn constantly, I ignore them, I know if I get in he will just go for splatters ,get too close to the targets and get us both killed. But they rarely take no for an answer, if you don't get in they start ramming as if they didn't already have your attention. I can understand why someone would shoot at them to get them to go away.
Oh yes definitely, I see the reasons for that. I would do the same thing 🤣... You are exactly right man, 99% of the time I hop into someone's hog to help, it's right off the ledge of the level, or straight into certain death at the enemies well fortified base. For the record though, I don't do that, I understand the word no lolz... If you ever see me in a vehicle, I assure you, I take pride in my driving, it used to be a thing me, and my teammates did often, I was always the driver, I take pride in the Fast n Furious skill 🤣....