Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] Bugs nobody has addressed yet...

OP CHRISPOCALYP5E

Apart from progress saving errors there are still a number of bugs that haven't been acknowledged yet...

Halo CE- Fall damage. Proof; on Assault on the Control Room, go to the end of the first bridge and jump off and push forward against the wall, you will die before hitting the ice ledge. In the original Halo CE you would hit the ledge, slide off, hit a tree, land on a rock and survive. This is no longer possible. The falling death triggers too soon and damage from jumping off a small rock is just stupidity. This needs to be put back to the original settings.

Halo 2- Fading bugs. Nearly everything, from NPCs to vehicles or scenery would randomly vanish or fade and then reveal itself. This bug is the worst of the worst and must be fixed.

Halo 2- Bandanna skull. It's CE equivalent carries the correct effects, yet in Halo 2 the plasma pistol, plasma rifle, brute plasma rifle, beam rifle, energy sword and both sentinel beams do not have infinite ammo. Unless energy weapons are not effected, either the skull should be renamed or this error be fixed.

Halo 2- Brute plasma rifle. The origional texture is corrupted. In classic mode there is a large portion of the weapon with a black pixel pattern or line across the side of it. This was not present in the original Halo 2.

Halo 2- Grunt birthday party skull. As promised the game was supposed to be unaltered. Just like the CE fall damage lie, 343 sneakily changed the effects of a good skull, resulting in another lie. Enemies used to explode when shot in the head, making it a good skull to use for legendary. Now in the MCC the skull is just a useless, grunt only confetti popper. A new skull should be made or it should be reverted back to its original form as promised.

Halo 2- Pinata skull. The description reads that melee attacking 'enemies' causes them to drop grenades. In fact, if you melee allies, they too, drop grenades. Maybe the description typo should acknowledge this...
Bump for acknowledgement...
No fileshare either, and join in progress for custom games, also from what ive read legacy controls are non functional, which i dont know personally but should be listed non the less
Halo 4 Reclaimer Bug as well...Halts progress due to the level not completely loading...
Ah yes forgot about those. If only 343 would take notice of these game breaking bugs.

I found a new one. Quite often, Halo 3 campaign or really short clips will fail to load in theater.
ALSO! I don't know if it is a glitch or design flaw...

Apart from the lack of updated collisions, throughout Halo 2 Campaign (anniversary mode) there are holes in just about every edge of either walls, ground or objects.

Eg; in the armory level, if you go against the wall and look down you can see that it does not connect to the ground and you can see outside. Another example is the pelican interior, when you ride it on metropolis you will notice that the rear bay, turret/hatch section is not even connected to the pelican.

There are so many dodgy looking things throughout the campaign. Too many to list...
how about making the inf ammo skull work in ALL four games...
So, the bugs you have addressed are all campaign based, and are to do with skulls which, come on nobody really cares about. How about trying to fix online multiplayer for 80% of the people that can't play at all. Maybe fix all the crashes in 'campaign' that I've also heard many people are having.
The skulls issues you are talking about is just another attempt by yourself to make a post that will in 15-20 minutes time get forgotten about. These issues are seriously nothing in comparison to the real problems. Either play campaign without having to use 'infinite ammo' or without your skills and just play normally, or address more of a serious issue that will actually be of use to most players.
Please feel free to message back with all your cry baby posts, but people like you are just looking for some sort of attention and trying to start another pity argument about how bad 343 are doing. Everybody knows this.
Not being able to use these skulls isn't your so called 'game breaking glitch'.
Too many to list TBH. Every time I bump into something new.
I just played The Great Journey 5 times in a row (different difficulties and skull combinations) beating the par score every time by a good margin and not getting the achievement. It's the last par score achievement for me to unlock but it won't register and it won't upload the score to the leaderboards either, leaving me with the very first one I did on Legendary (which is LOL).
http://1drv.ms/1tIVhoF
What's also strange is that I get a negative score for destroying an enemy ghost in H2A. I've noticed this a while ago but still hasn't been fixed just like so many other things.
It's absolutely bonkers the amount of bugs there are in this collection. Truly a shame and it's really clear that this hasn't been playtested before release.

The Guilty Pleasure playlist is also hilarious. I saved and quit for lunch on Two Betrayals (which isn't a level where you fight alongside Guilty Spark as the playlist description notes, it should have been The Library) and it somehow put me at the beginning of The Covenant (where you fight alongside Guilty Spark for a minute or so, The Oracle would have been just as good in that case) leaving a hole in the middle of the playlist. I wasn't able to save in that level either, progress was lost each time, but once I finished, it also registered Two Betrayals as complete. WTF?!

The Shortcut on AotC is still possible BTW, it's just unbelievably hard to pull off. I usually make the first jump from the bottom level of the bridge and mess up on the second ledge to jump on.
medals dont save after matchmaking games all the time either
You guys should direct this to the '343 to do list' forum.
Thief000 wrote:
I just played The Great Journey 5 times in a row (different difficulties and skull combinations) beating the par score every time by a good margin and not getting the achievement. It's the last par score achievement for me to unlock but it won't register and it won't upload the score to the leaderboards either, leaving me with the very first one I did on Legendary (which is LOL).
What's also strange is that I get a negative score for destroying an enemy ghost in H2A. I've noticed this a while ago but still hasn't been fixed just like so many other things.
It's absolutely bonkers the amount of bugs there are in this collection. Truly a shame and it's really clear that this hasn't been playtested before release.

The Guilty Pleasure playlist is also hilarious. I saved and quit for lunch on Two Betrayals (which isn't a level where you fight alongside Guilty Spark as the playlist description notes, it should have been The Library) and it somehow put me at the beginning of The Covenant (where you fight alongside Guilty Spark for a minute or so, The Oracle would have been just as good in that case) leaving a whole in the middle of the playlist. I wasn't able to save in that level either, progress was lost each time, but once I finished, it also registered Two Betrayals as complete. WTF?!

The Shortcut on AotC is still possible BTW, it's just unbelievably hard to pull off. I usually make the first jump from the bottom level of the bridge and mess up on the second ledge to jump on.
What skulls are you using? I have recently just got a 7.50 time on AotC legendary, its possible and easy.
None of the 0x ones if that's what you're referring to. The skulls I used in the picture were Catch, Recession, Famine and Fog (Uprising and High Charity unlocked this way for me), but I've done it without skulls on Legendary and it didn't unlock either.

The jump on AotC is possible, though it's definitely not easy. Most people slide off the second ledge. It takes a lot of practice. Getting a less fast run by blowing the Banshee off the platform is easier, but that's been bugging for quite a few people as well.
Thief000 wrote:

The Guilty Pleasure playlist is also hilarious. I saved and quit for lunch on Two Betrayals (which isn't a level where you fight alongside Guilty Spark as the playlist description notes, it should have been The Library) and it somehow put me at the beginning of The Covenant (where you fight alongside Guilty Spark for a minute or so, The Oracle would have been just as good in that case) leaving a hole in the middle of the playlist. I wasn't able to save in that level either, progress was lost each time, but once I finished, it also registered Two Betrayals as complete. WTF?!

The same happened to me on the guilty pleasure playlist, it's very annoying and pretty frustrating. The MUST get this fixed. I ain't gonna repeat the whole thing, it's nonsense!!!
Last level of halo 2 there is a bug where a wraith spawns and then flips upside down. It happens in that area where the scarab shoots the control room door.
S N Lane wrote:
So, the bugs you have addressed are all campaign based, and are to do with skulls which, come on nobody really cares about. How about trying to fix online multiplayer for 80% of the people that can't play at all. Maybe fix all the crashes in 'campaign' that I've also heard many people are having.
The skulls issues you are talking about is just another attempt by yourself to make a post that will in 15-20 minutes time get forgotten about. These issues are seriously nothing in comparison to the real problems. Either play campaign without having to use 'infinite ammo' or without your skills and just play normally, or address more of a serious issue that will actually be of use to most players.
Please feel free to message back with all your cry baby posts, but people like you are just looking for some sort of attention and trying to start another pity argument about how bad 343 are doing. Everybody knows this.
Not being able to use these skulls isn't your so called 'game breaking glitch'.
People do care about the campaign. Just because it isn't something that the multiplayer community cares about does not mean that it shouldn't be fixed.
Would be nice if they fixed the Bandanna Skull in H2:A.