Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Campaign Scoring TImed Confirmed!

OP Logic G

I have been wondering why I was randomly getting 0 points for each kill in campaign all of a sudden. It was not because I had any 0x skulls on, not because of too many deaths or betrayals. Or too many resets or anything like that. The key is in the par time.

Par Time x 2.5 = The Time You Have to get points. (I am pretty Sure about this now)

I played 3 campaign missions That had a par time of 20Mins. Had a stop-watch running on my phone running trough the whole thing except when I paused.
On all those 3 missions, I stopped getting points after 50mins had passed. 20 x 2.5 = 50

I have not had the time to check any missions to check this on any missions that has got par time 15 or 25 yet, but I am pretty sure the same thing goes for them. If anyone else wants to check this, it would be appreciated.
That's rather interesting. I still have a problem with the game penalizing me twice for one death.
I figured that out as well and not a fan. I also had issues in Halo 2 where I was losing points playing the arbiter missions when I killed enemy ghosts and wraiths
I figured that out as well and not a fan. I also had issues in Halo 2 where I was losing points playing the arbiter missions when I killed enemy ghosts and wraiths
Yeah, I had that happen to me too. Totally agree, this is not how the OG scoring system was back in the rest of the Halo games. Imo; it should be changed back to the way it was.
And I also have to wonder why we can't have time and scoreing on at the same time.
And I also have to wonder why we can't have time and scoreing on at the same time.
Same question I've had since I started.
Logic G wrote:

Yeah, I had that happen to me too. Totally agree, this is not how the OG scoring system was back in the rest of the Halo games. Imo; it should be changed back to the way it was.
Ya I remember Doing the score run in Halo 3 you could take longer you just didn't gain the extra point multiplier. I've yet to try Halo 3 or 4
I had been wondering how I was getting the par-time achievements despite the fact I had scoring enabled.
However it works, is confusing. My campaign scoring randomly just stops. I was playing Metropolis last night on Legendary with a few skulls on to get a score bonus. One play through, it stopped scoring at 8,000 points. Another play through it stopped scoring at around 10 minutes.

Silent Cartographer on one play through on legnedary I was nearly done with the level at 40 minutes when it stopped scoring. A second play through it quit around 30minutes in.

I thought it might be based on amount of deaths, but in both Silent Cartographer runs, I had not died prior to it stopping.
I'm confused as to why they altered Halo 3's existing campaign scoring structure?
However it works, is confusing. My campaign scoring randomly just stops. I was playing Metropolis last night on Legendary with a few skulls on to get a score bonus. One play through, it stopped scoring at 8,000 points. Another play through it stopped scoring at around 10 minutes.

Silent Cartographer on one play through on legnedary I was nearly done with the level at 40 minutes when it stopped scoring. A second play through it quit around 30minutes in.

I thought it might be based on amount of deaths, but in both Silent Cartographer runs, I had not died prior to it stopping.
If you take to long it stops counting your score. If you wanna get the scores met I suggest Heroic with more skulls it's a lot better that way. But keep in mind a mission that has a 15 min par time needs to be finished around that time. Any longer you will have the same issue
I had been wondering how I was getting the par-time achievements despite the fact I had scoring enabled.
You can do both at the same time
I'm confused as to why they altered Halo 3's existing campaign scoring structure?
Beats me. They said they remastered and made the games 1080p/60fps for xbox one. I can't remember having seen a single article or seen anything about them altering the scoring system. Which is why i thought this was a bug up untill now. Still liked the OG scoring system better tho.