Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Can’t find Multiplayer games on MCC

OP Gaz Kanata

Hey all,

Recently got a series s and MCC - I’m having trouble joining multiplayer games.

specifically any game type other than team 4 v 4. Any other mode just stays at searching for players ( and doesn’t find any)

however I can find players pretty quickly when doing 4v4, so I’m just wondering if there’s settings I need to change for my connection?

couldn’t find any games when trying halo 5 either

cheers!
When you are outside of the EU and US, you just won't find any ranked matches. There seems to be a bug with the region lock.
For social games you likely have your relays switched on. Try going into your network settings and toggle "Relays" off. The option is meant to conceal your IP but is only needed in custom games. When you play via Xbox Live Servers you should be fine. It is worth noting that anything but 4v4 is usually less populated.
This morning, I couldn't find any games either. Suspect low player count, or Matchmaking maintenance.

Works this afternoon though! Hopefully you'll be able to find a game soon too. :)
GalarEevee wrote:
This morning, I couldn't find any games either. Suspect low player count, or Matchmaking maintenance.

Works this afternoon though! Hopefully you'll be able to find a game soon too. :)
Maybe there were so server issues or maintenance. Glad things are back to normal!
Ranked does have a matchmaking issue right now that should be getting patched tomorrow.

Quick note for Series consoles too, quick resuming doesn’t update server information for multiplayer games. So you’ll need to shutdown the game completely and restart it. As today is Wednesday the server playlists and challenges reset so you’d need to reload your game to update that info.
Roger. I’ve been searching for a while now…nothing…
Hey all

thanks for the replies. I figured out quick resume managed to muck things up a bit a few days ago. Still, couldn’t find games.

I managed to find some games yesterday, both in mcc and halo 5. What I did was go to the custom game browser, refresh it, then search for a match. It seemed to work yesterday.

unfortunately, not working tonight :(

edit: it did work! Just had to wait a bit while searching:)
Yea I think something is going on, I can't get into any games right now. I know a hot fix was getting patched in today so maybe that has something to do with it.
I found out that with quick resume you have to close and reload games that have live features.
For whatever reason I can get games on console but not PC now, game is fully updated too.
"Yeah, we're picking up anomalies, too". I play MCC through PC Game Pass, and I can't find a match in my BTB selection. I have every Halo title selected, as well as all game types. It's really odd.