Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Can I use the Scarab skull and still get achivmnts

OP PackAttack2018

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I was wondering if I could use the scarab skull in halo two anniversary and still get the achievement for completing the game on legendary I wonder this because using the skull seems like a cheat
You will not get any achievements for completing the campaign on any difficulty while that skull is on.
Exenius wrote:
You will not get any achievements for completing the campaign on any difficulty while that skull is on.
Not quite true.

When using the Scarab Skull, it is possible to get the achievements for completing missions and the campaign overall; however, scoring and timing achievements will not be available.
Yes you can still unlock the Legend achievement while the 0.00x skulls are on. If it doesn't register, try and play another game on any difficulty and the bar should raise up on your achievement progress.
Im currently in the middle of co-op campaign on H2 with scarab, bandana and envy skulls enabled. Hope to complete the maps on Legendary and just get the one achievement. I'll post back on my findings. Man hate H2 on legendary. Even with Scarab on, still a big hassle.
Im currently in the middle of co-op campaign on H2 with scarab, bandana and envy skulls enabled. Hope to complete the maps on Legendary and just get the one achievement. I'll post back on my findings. Man hate H2 on legendary. Even with Scarab on, still a big hassle.
Especially the close quarters combat areas😆
Thats how i got it. That was right after launch though. Not sure if they patched it. And with Scarab its an absolute cake walk so youll be fine.
Nooga wrote:
Thats how i got it. That was right after launch though. Not sure if they patched it. And with Scarab its an absolute cake walk so youll be fine.
Well would have known last night as we finally got to the last map level. Then we go booted off for some reason. And of course we can resume since we were Co-Op. So we have to start the last map over again. Hope to finish it tonite. And No, Its not a "cake walk" with the scarab skull on. It's still hard and you have to be careful not to die. Yes it's much easier then with out anything enabled. I'm amazed that some are able to do the speed runs or some how get part and scores on H2 Ledendary. Even with the Scarab on, it's tough. I can see where it would be a complete nightmare with out it.
Nooga wrote:
Well would have known last night as we finally got to the last map level. Then we go booted off for some reason. And of course we can resume since we were Co-Op. So we have to start the last map over again. Hope to finish it tonite. And No, Its not a "cake walk" with the scarab skull on. It's still hard and you have to be careful not to die. Yes it's much easier then with out anything enabled. I'm amazed that some are able to do the speed runs or some how get part and scores on H2 Ledendary. Even with the Scarab on, it's tough. I can see where it would be a complete nightmare with out it.
That may have been why. I got a lot of practice with speed run routes and techniques doing the par times before i went to get the Legend achieve.
Well maybe you can help me with Par times and scores on H2 Legendary then. hehe.

Ya, even with scarab, it's still tedious todo. Took us about 1 hour just on one map. Another it was 30 minutes. Crazy game. Wouldn't be as bad if they didn't make you restart at last CP. Glad the other games don't do that.
Exenius wrote:
Not quite true.

When using the Scarab Skull, it is possible to get the achievements for completing missions and the campaign overall; however, scoring and timing achievements will not be available.
I was just going to say the same thing
no you wont.
fizzy14 wrote:
no you wont.
Some achievements work with scarab skull. Some wont.
OK, I can confirm, finally after almost 2 hours, we completed H2 Legendary - The Great Journey level with 3 non scoring skulls enabled. Scarab, Envy and Bandana. Kept dying at the Banshee part and at Tartarus. However Tartarus just takes a while and you need to dual wield brute guns. And keep hammering him after Johnson takes his shields down after the 2nd wave of brutes passes. after that he should die.

Odd thing though, I wasn't host, my roommate was and after about 1 minute we didn't see any achievement pop, then while he was choosing a different map, his achievement popped and mine didn't. He had loaded Out Skirts and started it and still nothing for me. So he said leave the lobby and load the Great Journey on my own. Soon as I chose that map and loaded it and it started, boom, my two achievements popped. Legendary Anniversary and Legend. 80pts.

SO glad H2 Legendary is over for me now. Only thing we can't seem to get is the darn IWHBYD skull, and a few other hard achievements.
Only disables par achievements
I was wondering if I could use the scarab skull in halo two anniversary and still get the achievement for completing the game on legendary I wonder this because using the skull seems like a cheat
i don't care too much for the achievements, i just want Helioskrill
Yes you can beat the game with the scarab skull on and get the achievement. I did it. HOWEVER the final boss of the game is immune to it so you'll have to switch to a sword and swipe at him until he goes down
Some achievements are just plain easier with Scarab on, though, like the easter egg achievement on Cairo Station. Unless you're really good and really patient, you probably won't be getting that one without it.
fizzy14 wrote:
no you wont.
Some achievements work with scarab skull. Some wont.
I was gonna say, some do and some don't.
yes u can but you cannot get any time or score achievements with it active
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2