Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Can mcc be on pc please?

OP apexbox2233

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
I would love to play the old halo games on my pc if it’s confirmed that it will work for the Xbox one x I think it would work for the pc as well. But please 343 make it happen when the game gets fixed in spring
I'd love to see it on PC. Probably not gonna happen though.
It'd be cool to see but it's never going to happen. Halo CE, Halo 2, and Halo Online are the three options we have. I highly doubt that will change anytime soon, if ever at all
The game barely works for the XBOX and you want them to try and port it?! But seriously it would be awesome if they could get a PC version, its not likely to happen though considering... well, you know.
it isnt difficult to port over in anyway i think its more a PR situation where they might want to fix the MCC before trying to get it on PC since i heard that apparntly in spring 2018 there going to fix all the mcc problems so i really see no reason to not make a port since all we have been playing for the last 10+ years is halo 1 and 2.
it isnt difficult to port over in anyway i think its more a PR situation where they might want to fix the MCC before trying to get it on PC since i heard that apparntly in spring 2018 there going to fix all the mcc problems so i really see no reason to not make a port since all we have been playing for the last 10+ years is halo 1 and 2.
It's really not simple to port over the game, despite the fact that Xbox and PC have the same processor type. Another reason it's not coming to PC is because it's one of the Xbox's few console exclusive games.
Jestzer wrote:
It's really not simple to port over the game, despite the fact that Xbox and PC have the same processor type. Another reason it's not coming to PC is because it's one of the Xbox's few console exclusive games.
well wouldnt you agree that microsoft would make more money if they put it on pc? i think so and alot of other pc players and xbox players think so too, but people like you who defend the whole "oh its ours so you cant have it" while on pc we always try to give our "exclusive" titles to you console guys like pubg, doom mount and blade ect ect list goes on, but we cant have halo a amazing fps? that would also produce a bigger esports scene and more publicity.
dont make that dumb "exclusive" argument it fundamentally doesnt make sense, and no it wouldnt be hard to make a port halo 5 forge is a good example it works. it needs work like a fov slider ect but it works...
Why split the Halo player base between PC and Xbox?
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
As 343 said in a topic made in Halo Wars's Steam dicussions, they don't have plans to port MCC to PC at the moment. We'll have to wait.
Jestzer wrote:
well wouldnt you agree that microsoft would make more money if they put it on pc? i think so and alot of other pc players and xbox players think so too, but people like you who defend the whole "oh its ours so you cant have it" while on pc we always try to give our "exclusive" titles to you console guys like pubg, doom mount and blade ect ect list goes on, but we cant have halo a amazing fps? that would also produce a bigger esports scene and more publicity.
dont make that dumb "exclusive" argument it fundamentally doesnt make sense, and no it wouldnt be hard to make a port halo 5 forge is a good example it works. it needs work like a fov slider ect but it works...
I don't care if MCC is exclusive or not, it makes no difference to me, it makes a difference to Microsoft because they make more consoles sell by having more exclusives. Additionally, Halo 5 forge isn't taking away console sales because it's not the fully featured game. Calm down.
it wouldnt split it, just expand it.
If this collection came out on PC, then I'd probably be sitting here playing it for hours on end, I could always go get a controller and there we go.
I'm gonna have fun!
Alas. it'll never happen though.

Shep
I think it would be split. People always rave about the "PC Master Race" and I feel that if gamers had a choice, they'd go with PC instead on console. Just my opinion anyways
I think it would be split. People always rave about the "PC Master Race" and I feel that if gamers had a choice, they'd go with PC instead on console. Just my opinion anyways
i mean i have the opinion that if you play on console its because 1 you have a better feeling with a controller and like to sit back and relax, personally i pefer mouse n keyboard and 2 most people tend to be with there friends, but people will probably still play xbox versions of halo it would just mean the franchies will be open up to the pc which means more players more money for 343/microsoft, maybe they will add some sort of crossplay feature so it wouldnt matter.
i mean i have the opinion that if you play on console its because 1 you have a better feeling with a controller and like to sit back and relax, personally i pefer mouse n keyboard and 2 most people tend to be with there friends, but people will probably still play xbox versions of halo it would just mean the franchies will be open up to the pc which means more players more money for 343/microsoft, maybe they will add some sort of crossplay feature so it wouldnt matter.
The controller part is irrelevant since you can connect an Xbox 360, One, PS3 and PS4 to PC. I played Halo 5 on PC using a PS4 controller in my friend's house.
The second part is quite irrelevant as well. You can play with friends on all the systems of today.
I'm also sure that more people would choose PC over Xbox because PC offers a higher graphical fidelity and detail, and the framerate isn't capped. Not to mention that you can install mods.
I’m not being sarcastic -Yoink-, just dropping the truth. Haven’t you guys seen the Xbox play anywhere program that Microsoft started last year?! How they said all exclusives moving forward would be play anywhere? How Frank said with the XBox One X, they have more flexibility? That’s because the Xbox is essentially running windows 10 now, that’s why the play anywhere titles work. With the updating of MCC, I bet you they push it to PC when/if it becomes stable for everyone.
exactly what I thought. Halo on xbox doesnt have a lot of players, imagine if a third of the players leave for pc, unless it will somehow be play anywhere. I'd personally only buy it on pc if it was on steam.
There's a large segment of the playerbase that hasn't finished the fight yet because Halo 3 never made it to PC.
Keep in mind that the Halo community on PC isn't dead, either. SPV3 just dropped recently, Halo 5: Forge (a seriously watered down version of Halo 5 Multiplayer) is out, people still play Halo 2 and Halo CE on PC, and, in spite of Microsoft telling them not to, modders went and got Halo Online up and running for NA audiences (that is, until MS shut down Halo Online). PC audiences are thirsty for Halo, and MS better provide.

It seems rather bizarre to me that the Coalition managed to port Gears Remastered to PC, yet 343 is so hideously incompetent that that they didn't do the same for Halo 2 Anniversary, or even ensure that the game they ended up releasing was even working properly on release.
Delta5931 wrote:
modders went and got Halo Online up and running for NA audiences (that is, until MS shut down Halo Online).
You mean, the official. The unofficial is still up and running with a massive update coming shortly.
EDIT: I also remembered something. I may be wrong, but I think 343 said that they could freely update their game with no fear of being shutdown by both 343 and Microsoft.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3