Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Can mcc be on pc please?

OP apexbox2233

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Just a reminder not to discuss or share details about modded content, that extends to the unofficial version of Halo Online. Thanks
I've been wanting the full collection on my PC ever since I moved away from consoles around seven years ago. It'd be like a return to the old days where I could sit in my gaming nest away from the family and play a campaign in one sitting.
Why split the Halo player base between PC and Xbox?
it wouldnt split it, just expand it.
I think it would be split. People always rave about the "PC Master Race" and I feel that if gamers had a choice, they'd go with PC instead on console. Just my opinion anyways
i mean i have the opinion that if you play on console its because 1 you have a better feeling with a controller and like to sit back and relax, personally i pefer mouse n keyboard and 2 most people tend to be with there friends, but people will probably still play xbox versions of halo it would just mean the franchies will be open up to the pc which means more players more money for 343/microsoft, maybe they will add some sort of crossplay feature so it wouldnt matter.
Crossplay. That's the kicker for everything. If crossplay was enabled, it'd be great but there'd be such a serious divide in skill just because it's so much easier to aim and play for PC players. The Coalition enabled crossplay for Gears of War 4 and WOW! PC player stomped console players. I mean, PC players honestly made the console players look like they were playing the game for the very first time. It was embarrassing
It may not be profitable enough to spend all the man-hours porting it over to PC. I get that you and a couple hundred other people are frustrated, but that's just business I suppose.
I think it would be split. People always rave about the "PC Master Race" and I feel that if gamers had a choice, they'd go with PC instead on console. Just my opinion anyways
i mean i have the opinion that if you play on console its because 1 you have a better feeling with a controller and like to sit back and relax, personally i pefer mouse n keyboard and 2 most people tend to be with there friends, but people will probably still play xbox versions of halo it would just mean the franchies will be open up to the pc which means more players more money for 343/microsoft, maybe they will add some sort of crossplay feature so it wouldnt matter.
Crossplay. That's the kicker for everything. If crossplay was enabled, it'd be great but there'd be such a serious divide in skill just because it's so much easier to aim and play for PC players. The Coalition enabled crossplay for Gears of War 4 and WOW! PC player stomped console players. I mean, PC players honestly made the console players look like they were playing the game for the very first time. It was embarrassing
I agree, keyboard and mouse is stupid-easy compared to holding a controller. Try playing Battlefield on a PC with an Xbox controller and they will make you feel like a toddler playing for the first time.
I agree, keyboard and mouse is stupid-easy compared to holding a controller. Try playing Battlefield on a PC with an Xbox controller and they will make you feel like a toddler playing for the first time.
Right?!?! It's a crazy difference
Yeah, I built my first gaming rig a few years back and tried to play BF4. I wasn't used to keyboard and mouse so I grabbed my Xbone controller and got absolutely wrecked in every server.
Yeah, I built my first gaming rig a few years back and tried to play BF4. I wasn't used to keyboard and mouse so I grabbed my Xbone controller and got absolutely wrecked in every server.
It's a night and day difference that most console gamers can't seem to understand lol
Unless it were to have cross play, like Halo Wars 2
Unless it had cross play, like Halo Wars 2
Yeah but crossplay would divide the fan base even more because the skill level would be vastly different. A PC gamer vs console gamer in Halo 3. It'd be like watching a professional gamer play against someone who is playing for the first time.

Crossplay via Halo Wars 2 isn't that big of a deal because it's an RTS
crossplay worked fine in GOW4 because in gears its all about movement i have the pc version and can you guess which control scheme i used? controller because its pretty difficult to wall bounce ect with mouse and keyboard sure you will have good aim but vs a good controller player you will lose due to movement.
Also i want to add since the MCC has been re-released for xbox 1 X doesnt that mean technicaly they just voided the whole "exlusives come to xbox play anywhere" ? so where is the windows version 343
The game barely works for the XBOX and you want them to try and port it?! But seriously it would be awesome if they could get a PC version, its not likely to happen though considering... well, you know.
If they pushed it to pc and allowed mods on non match made systems I'm sure the community would come up with something similar to what every Bethesda release gets, an "Unofficial Patch" that fixes 90% of the ugs and makes the game manageable.
Halo is Xbox big seller they won't ever put it on PC it would hurt Xbox sales.
Also i want to add since the MCC has been re-released for xbox 1 X doesnt that mean technicaly they just voided the whole "exlusives come to xbox play anywhere" ? so where is the windows version 343
Why not wait for the patch instead?
Yes, but many people just moved on from Halo especially because of either MCC or Halo 5. Halo is in a weird cultural place right now. Also, PC keeps communities alive. Half-Life is a good proof of this. It would hurt, yes, but I wonder how much...
Yes, but many people just moved on from Halo especially because of either MCC or Halo 5. Halo is in a weird cultural place right now. Also, PC keeps communities alive. Half-Life is a good proof of this. It would hurt, yes, but I wonder how much...
If it was Xbox Play Anywhere, then any sale on Xbox would technically count as a purchase on PC. So, theoretically, it wouldn't damage sales at all, or possibly improve them.
If it wasn't, then it might hurt a little more, but not much. PC gamers despise Win 10 Store.

Guess we'll find out when Halo 6 drops.
Delta5931 wrote:
If it was Xbox Play Anywhere, then any sale on Xbox would technically count as a purchase on PC. So, theoretically, it wouldn't damage sales at all, or possibly improve them.
If it wasn't, then it might hurt a little more, but not much. PC gamers despise Win 10 Store.

343 said they would like to expand Halo to the Steam market, so it might still damage Xbox sales.
Delta5931 wrote:

343 said they would like to expand Halo to the Steam market, so it might still damage Xbox sales.
Damage to Xbox sales wouldn't be the big deal, it'd be the rift in the player base. Players would be torn between Xbox and PC. Even if, by some miracle, crossplay was allowed between Xbox and PC, the skill gap would be monumental.
Delta5931 wrote:

Well, the Halo community on PC is still very much alive. Putting Halo on Steam wouldn't be bad for total sales, as it would likely attract new customers who might not have bit otherwise.

343 said that they would like to expand to Steam. Microsoft, on the other hand, hasn't said anything yet. Microsoft will have the final say on where Halo goes.
Delta5931 wrote:
Delta5931 wrote:
Well, the Halo community on PC is still very much alive. Putting Halo on Steam wouldn't be bad for total sales, as it would likely attract new customers who might not have bit otherwise.
True. But what's the current population for Halo PC?
SPV3 has got more than 100,000 downloads. But I'm sure it's a bit larger than that. But I don't think it's that high up.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3