Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] Can't watch Nightfall

OP T0m00se37

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
Whenever I try to watch Halo nightfall through the master chief collection, it takes me to the halo channel and it has a list of nightfall episodes. But when I try to watch it it says, "you must buy the master chief collection to play this episode", Uh.. Ok, I already have that, but i select buy now anyway and it just takes me back to The MCC.

I've tried resetting each channel, opening each channel first, nothing works. I can't watch it.
you should have gotten a code/QR scannable code on a leaflet on the disk case. Thats where mine was.

Not so sure how you access it if you purchased it digitally sorry
I cannot use this or the skull either and I have the digital copy. On a side note I had already downloaded the game but it made me do it over again.... Took 26.5 hours but it was worth it =)
Same issue here. Bought it digitally from Gamestop. I'll update if re-installing it fixes it.
Jakky wrote:
you should have gotten a code/QR scannable code on a leaflet on the disk case. Thats where mine was.

Thank you, I have the physical copy but I never realized you had to put in a code to access it. This was very helpful, I can watch it now!
Once the Halo: NIghtfall code is put in it tends to download Halo Channel along side it so if you uninstall the channel and just redeem to code it should hopefully work...
I'm having this problem, too...
1. Pre-ordered the game from Microsoft store (sweet, can't wait)
2. Got the game, downloaded and installed Halo (that didn't take so long...)
3. Found the Halo Channel app separately, installed it (ooo, shiny)
4. Attempted to watch Nightfall from the Halo Channel app, it tells me to buy it, then sends me to the game (uh, what?),
5. Click the link in the game, it sends me back to Halo Channel (huh, helpful?),
6. Repeat steps 4-5 a few times (just to make sure the buttons on my controller work),
7. Realize I have a code in the game box, use it (no way this can go wrong)
8. Code approved, automatically attempts to download Halo Channel (uh, already have it, so...)
9. Halo Channel download success, downloads Nightfall (win!)
10. Repeat step 4, which leads, inevitably, to step 5 (controller still works, btw)
11. Uninstall Halo Channel (running out of commentary...)
12. Attempt to re-use the code to download (fail, already redeemed, see step 8)
13. Re-download Halo Channel, re-download Nightfall (deja vu)
13. Repeat step 4 -> step 5 (more deja vu)

At this point, I realize I probably should've just used the code first and never downloaded the app separately, but that's not an option anymore. Thoughts?
I'm having the same issue with the digital download,when I go on to halo tv through the mcc it comes up on the side saying "buy halo" I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling all three items (mcc,halo tv,and nightfall) but still get the same issue
T0m00se37 wrote:
Jakky wrote:

Thank you, I have the physical copy but I never realized you had to put in a code to access it. This was very helpful, I can watch it now!
I got a physical copy, and I never had to enter a code or anything. It just let me play it from Halo Channel once it premiered.
Is it available already?

In whole or in part?
T0m00se37 wrote:
Jakky wrote:

I got a physical copy, and I never had to enter a code or anything. It just let me play it from Halo Channel once it premiered.
Yeah same here. I just installed MCC, went to the Halo Channel, found Halo:Nightfall and pressed play
I bouht mcc digitally, and have the same issue.
I go to Mcc, click extras/nightfall, it opens halo channel, then when i go to nightfall, it says "buy halo". If i click that, it takes me back to mcc. It's an endless loop.

There wasn't some code they email with the digital copy is there? I bought mine through the ms store.
Zerofate0 wrote:
I bouht mcc digitally, and have the same issue.
I go to Mcc, click extras/nightfall, it opens halo channel, then when i go to nightfall, it says "buy halo". If i click that, it takes me back to mcc. It's an endless loop.

There wasn't some code they email with the digital copy is there? I bought mine through the ms store.
This.
Same problem... bought digital MCC, tried to watch Nightfall, says I need to buy MCC. I hit buy anyways, takes me back to MCC. I deleted Halo channel and Nightfall and re-insalled, but I get the same issue.
Jakky wrote:

Thanks!! This worked for me too!!
I'm getting the same problems. I downloaded the game from the Xbox One Market place or the MS store what ever its called now. And I still can't watch it. Has anyone come up with a solution? Or heard anything?
you're not missing anything, i turned it off after 5 minutes. just looks like a really low budget film
same issue here. it keeps sending back between MCC and the halo channel. When I go to play it in the channel it tells me to buy MCC. It just goes back and forth nothing resolved so far. wish they would fix this already...
T0m00se37 wrote:
Jakky wrote:

Happy to help you guys, enjoy Nightfall!
Hi.

So i have the same problem BUT the weird part is that when Halo MCC came out i started installing it. I installed Halo Channel and then Nightfall first and lastly Halo MCC. When i could start playing Halo MCC before it was done installing i went to the Halo channel and to Nightfall. I could watch it while Halo MCC was still installing so i was like yea why not.

The sound on their voices were too low so i didn't even try to watch the episode and then later that day or the next day i went back to Halo Nightfall after Halo MCC was fully installed and i see that i can't watch it because it says i need to buy Halo MCC even though i already have and was even able to watch it before. Btw i bought it digitally if you didn't think about that.

I fixed the sound issues i had with Halo MCC and Nightfall by changing my Xbox One's audio from 7.1 uncompressed to stereo uncompressed so yay finally that's fixed but i still can't watch Halo Nightfall. What i know is that those who bought Halo MCC digitally didn't need and get a code for it since i was allowed to install both Halo Channel AND Halo Nightfall right after i bought the game and i was even able to watch the first episode the day Halo MCC got released.

I want to watch the episode now that i have fixed my sound issue so much now. This sucks. I was actually supposed to get the physical copy but things changed and i wasn't able to get it and was forced to get it digitally and ofc this happens..... Everytime my plans change, somehow really bad and annoying things happens when it shouldn't. I hope this issue can be fixed quickly.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4