Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Can we remove ctf from squad battle?

OP LethalQ

It really shouldn't be there. Squad battle would be way better if it was just dominion and perhaps slayer, but mostly dominion. My heart sinks every time I see it's a ctf game.
LethalQ wrote:
It really shouldn't be there. Squad battle would be way better if it was just dominion and perhaps slayer, but mostly dominion. My heart sinks every time I see it's a ctf game.
Well its your opinion and I respect it. If it were up to me i would remove the slayer from it Other modes in squad battle I love them
CTF is one of the core competitive game types.
My only complaint is I get way more ctf and objective than any slayer gametype.
Whereas I love ctf and assault games
I’ll have to say no on this one due to CTF is one of the Core competitive game types in Halo
I share the sentiment that CTF is the weakest “core” competitive game type in Squad Slayer. It’s the only gametype in which you can feasibly force a tie (it’s really a double loss) which seems anti competitive. I haven’t played since the they increased the respawn timer, but that should be enough to make it easier to break stalemated games. What about CTF is bothering you OP?
I share the sentiment that CTF is the weakest “core” competitive game type in Squad Slayer. It’s the only gametype in which you can feasibly force a tie (it’s really a double loss) which seems anti competitive. I haven’t played since the they increased the respawn timer, but that should be enough to make it easier to break stalemated games. What about CTF is bothering you OP?
#1 is definitely the longer respawn timer .. it's just barely tolerable really. CTF also seems to come up to often (probably because I hate objective based games any ways). Also as pointed out teams can really drag out the games out, for example playing defense only forcing a tie. The playlist would just be way more fun as dominion/slayer so it stays a slayer based game. Not to mention with quitters a short handed team still has a chance in slayer style games but in objective you really have no chance.
LethalQ wrote:
Well its your opinion and I respect it. If it were up to me i would remove the slayer from it Other modes in squad battle I love them
Agree, slayer is pretty boring on this playlist man. I'd love it to be an obj only playlist like invasion.