1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
You all make very good points. There's no doubt that it's broken. It certainly both broken and there are features that are wanted that aren't there.

I'm merely saying that I don't think 343 is the main culprit in this. I think Microsoft holds plenty of the blame because A: They're responsible for those servers that aren't working, and B: They pressed 343 to a launch date that I'm sure 343 didn't want. MS did it because Xbox one sales have been lackluster and the holidays are upon us. I thought the launch date was ambitious when MCC was first announced. MS told them they had to. I think MS holds more blame than 343
IKAIYOO wrote:
LWHockey wrote:
A ton of people are hating on 343 saying things like they released an incomplete product on purpose or they didn't test well enough and are going as far as accusing 343 of being malicious or knowingly releasing a broken product.

These are the same guys that are doing a beta for Halo 5 almost a year before release to get all you guys feedback. This is not the behavior of an underhanded company.

There are some bugs, definitely, but to accuse them of intent is wrong.

I have been waiting to join a game in matchmaking for 45 minutes. before that I waited 30 minutes and tried a different playlist. I have played 1 MP game since I bought the game 6 hours ago. on some craptastic Halo 4 map. If I wanted to play Halo 4 I would turn on my 360 put in halo 4 and play it.

I dont want to play halo 3 or halo CE or halo 4 or their remastered maps.

I do not want to vote for maps.

I want to play Halo 2 Team Skirmish, BTB and Team Slayer. Hell I want to play anything at this point.

I want proximity chat. I dont want to toggle between hearing everyone or my team.

The fact that I cannot get into matchmaking shows that they didnt test and plan enough. Hell the gaming industry in general doesnt test or plan enough. Activision, EA, DICE... they get 1.25 million preorders and cant plan for that kind of traffic? Seriously? I am a Systems Engineer. One of my main jobs is capacity planning. If my company bought another company and we were about to get 30,000 new users on the network I guarantee I would make sure that the Exchange servers, the BES, the Citrix servers, and SAN could handle the increased traffic from day one. If I didnt I would be out of a job.

This is what these people do.... They arent doing it out of the goodness of their heart. They are a company tasked with making a product that sells and returns billions of dollars in revenue. I do not understand how people say to cut companies slack or they are trying hard. If Ford came out with a brand new car and day one sold 100,000 of them and come to find out that the car has bugs in it and the gas cap will not come off. or if you try to pick someone up it take 15 minutes for the door to unlock. Or randomly the car alarm just goes off while driving down the road, people would be crazy mad and annoyed with ford. Because they bought a product that was told to them, "this is how this is going to work day one." and it didnt. Imagine Vizio coming out with a TV that had a bug in it that when you turn it on it takes 45 minutes to change channels. Or a blender that only works on 2 of the 6 settings and though you are supposed to be able to put 64 oz of ice it will actually only hold 3 oz of ice or the blender will crash and not work.

This is not the 80's when games were programmed by hobbyists and You went to the computer store and picked up a game that is tacked to the wall in a cellophane bag. This is a multi-billion dollar industry.

So I am sorry but no. I will not cut them slack. I will not get any calmer than I already am. I do not want excuses. Or promises. I want it to work. Day one.

You want to tell me sorry there is a bug where on this one place in the map you can super bounce. Alright. I can understand that. =you cant test every single place in the map for everything. Patch it and be done with it.

You want to tell me that sorry the main component of the game, the multiplayer, is broken and I cannot play the game because of something You didnt foresee... like me putting in the game and trying to play the freaking multiplayer??? No I am not going to let that slide. That is a huge error.

+1
+2
Nah the hate is fully deserved. This launch is not typical launch day problems for any game. Diablo 3 had one of the worst releases in recent history. This is actually significantly worse. Probably the biggest launch failure of the decade when you consider the amount of fail vs the expectations and the reputation of Microsoft/343.
LWHockey wrote:
You all make very good points. There's no doubt that it's broken. It certainly both broken and there are features that are wanted that aren't there.

I'm merely saying that I don't think 343 is the main culprit in this. I think Microsoft holds plenty of the blame because A: They're responsible for those servers that aren't working, and B: They pressed 343 to a launch date that I'm sure 343 didn't want. MS did it because Xbox one sales have been lackluster and the holidays are upon us. I thought the launch date was ambitious when MCC was first announced. MS told them they had to. I think MS holds more blame than 343
Of course MS is partly to blame as well. That does not excuse 343 for such an unpolished game. 343 need to be told when they've done bad, as well as when they've done good. They need to gain as much experience as they can.

Halo 5 is not far off. As the 2 final Halo games we will get (excluding little side-games), I want 5 and 6 to be the best they can be. For that to happen, 343 need to really get their -Yoink!- together.
Same old internet. 95% blind hate.
LWHockey wrote:

Actually 343 did this as it was their decision to try and cram 3 halo games and a halo like game all on 1 user interface. Had they just done H2 we would not have all of these issues , most likely.
Same old internet. 95% blind hate.
Blind hate came with the H5 sneak peek. This is completely deserved.
The game which we paid for isn't working, this isn't blind hate.

It's product feedback, we wanna play.
If its product feedback then report it in the bugs section of the -Yoinking!- forums. Don't go around -Yoinking!-. Yes its not 100% perfect but you also got to realize this is the first time this kind of game has ever been tried. How many other games out there offer a 100% 1 disk master menu game? None. There will be bugs. There will be problems. This is the first game like this. Never expect 100% perfection because we are all humans, and humans make mistakes. When I buy a book I expect spelling errors somewhere, when I buy a game I expect to find a bug. When I bought this I KNEW there would be some major issues.
People are over reacting. My god, the multiplayer will be up soon enough. Everybody is acting like spoiled little brats. 343i and Microsoft both know about these problem and are fixing them. I have seen people want a refund because of a bad first six hours. Yeah, it is fine to explain what problems you are experiencing in games and it is fine to voice your opinion, but most people doing so are being extremely immature about it and acting like little immature children
sjeez tell me one high profile game that has so many user day one and works out of the box the last ten years.
there will be none
I get they're under a lot of -Yoink- but -Yoink- them.. I've read two or three times now, "this update is the most important update in Xbox live history". -Yoink- that, I've had three large updates now and all of them have done -Yoink- all for me. I paid for a damned faulty product and it seems like no one there gives a -Yoink-, or at least if they do, they haven't done anything right to fix it what so ever. They took away half the online options form release date so we could connect easier and we (or at least I) still can't play anything online except one game every now and then. Half the time, If I can't find anyone on matchmaking and I try to back out, it won't let me.. It just freezes on "leaving match making".

I play their game, it won't work; the game takes me to the Halo Channel, it's unavailable; I go to the help section in the extras menu, it doesn't work; I go to their website IT DOESNT -Yoinking!- WORK. Am I thinking of flat out giving up on my all-time FAVORITE franchise? You -Yoinking!- bet... Why the hell would I bother? Maybe if I put it away for another year, it'll be fixed but I still doubt it.. I've just lost faith in 343.. How long has it been out now? I thought the release date was November 11th, not **pending-date**.
No.

They deserve the hate.
Ok....I will show them compassion. I will be understanding. I will show them the same understanding and attitude they gave their general audience at the time of Halo 4. Lets contextualize that for you 343i
I have talked to their representative at pax prime on three occasions now and every time they falsely represent their product. They are a corner cutting, deceiving company. This is consistent with why they ported Halo 1 and 2 from the pc versions and promised us console game play. There is a huge list of differences that you can google if you choose.
I can't even play the -Yoinking!- game properly, it's just too much after a while (a long -Yoinking!- while).
LWHockey wrote:
A ton of people are hating on 343 saying things like they released an incomplete product on purpose or they didn't test well enough and are going as far as accusing 343 of being malicious or knowingly releasing a broken product.

These are the same guys that are doing a beta for Halo 5 almost a year before release to get all you guys feedback. This is not the behavior of an underhanded company.

If they are not an underhanded company, then why was this game released in the state it is in? Problems happen yes, but the state this game is in...Oh man. Why not do a beta for this game as well?
RoC IriE wrote:
LWHockey wrote:

If they are not an underhanded company, then why was this game released in the state it is in? Problems happen yes, but the state this game is in...Oh man. Why not do a beta for this game as well?
Exactly. Bugs are no big deal. But releasing it to us with ported net code from version that were known to be bad is a different story. They knew, they just thought we wouldn't notice some things. Why else would they pull Halo 1 at launch. They knew. Now they are in damage control mode.
I dont hate. I do blame MS Studios.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3