Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Can we talk about the elephant in the room 4 a sec

OP VAN1LLA G0R1LLA

The elephant being the missing halo 2 anniversary multiplayer maps and the highly deceptive marketing tactics employed by 343 that led to me not only purchasing a brand new game at full price. But an expensive brand new console to play it on. The deception; clearly on the back of the mcc box it states, over 100 multiplayer maps. That's all it says. Theres no mention that only 1 quarter of h2a maps are included.

Unlike most games that are 5 years old. This one here has not been abandoned by developers for the next big thing. In fact. On constantly being bombarded on this site and across all social media of how 343 is constantly redefining the Mcc experience.
Let's go back 5 years. The only real talk of the town surrounding this games release was a remastered halo 2. The crown jewel of the four games originally Packaged. This was the kind of talk of school gamers like me listen too be cause halo2 was the first online game I have ever played. And I didnt care that the rest of the Package was just a form of convenience for me. As like any dedicated halo fan of my age. I already had the halo games in one form or another and knew that the mcc would long be in the bargain bin before the servers for games like halo 3 and reach shut down.
But I paid cash in hand for one xbox one. And one copy of mcc for this one game h2a, the remaster of a classic who's legacy lived by its multiplayer and not so much its campaign. Upon discovering the "over 100 multiplayer maps didnt include the full halo2 multiplayer full suite. I operated under the belief, like most games released new or remastered, the missing content would come.
Instead I get 4k versions of games I already own at a price of $10 each odst and reach (the latter was free for gold members years ago).
And with each weeks talk about mcc redefined experience I look at the horribly incomplete map roster of h2a which currently stands at whopping 3/4 incomplete.
The bottom line. If they remastered these they couldn't charges us $10 like they could for odst and reach. That would be a foul. So they continue with adding those games instead.
I really feel cheated by this game and refuse to play it even though I'd rather somedays than halo 5. But I wont.
The point of the remaster is to update the graphics and textures that were 16 years old. It also comes down to teamsize and what game you are playing with. 4v4 Action Sack has limited selection while 8v8 is more for the larger maps. Boarding Action isn't in CE Action sack 4v4 but i'm not complaining that it's missing. But if you want to get a refund, search it and you can get one on Microsoft's site.
While I would love to see more H2 maps remastered as H2A is the best Halo ever made IMO. It hasn't been exactly abandoned. They did at least add a couple of forge made maps to the playlist. Their probably would be more H2A stuff had the game worked from the start. But between them getting the game working and then a lot of the community wanted Reach stuff so they decided to add reach. Now they are mostly working on getting MCC to PC, fixing the issues that come with that... Also getting the daily, weekly, and monthly challenges rolled out and working. Which I actually looking forward to that. Hopefully in the future we can see more H2A maps but it just doesn't seem enough of the community is demanding it. Wish they would though. There are still some iconic maps that need remastered, waterworks, terminal, terf, ivory tower (the reach version of ivory tower is cool would love to see it as an H2A map)...just to name a few.b
LethalQ wrote:
While I would love to see more H2 maps remastered as H2A is the best Halo ever made IMO. It hasn't been exactly abandoned. They did at least add a couple of forge made maps to the playlist. Their probably would be more H2A stuff had the game worked from the start. But between them getting the game working and then a lot of the community wanted Reach stuff so they decided to add reach. Now they are mostly working on getting MCC to PC, fixing the issues that come with that... Also getting the daily, weekly, and monthly challenges rolled out and working. Which I actually looking forward to that. Hopefully in the future we can see more H2A maps but it just doesn't seem enough of the community is demanding it. Wish they would though. There are still some iconic maps that need remastered, waterworks, terminal, terf, ivory tower (the reach version of ivory tower is cool would love to see it as an H2A map)...just to name a few.b
I really love the Halo 2 Anniversary multiplayer as well. It feels like an entirely different game with some parts taken from Halo 2 Classic (which is awesome). It is definitely one of my favorite Halo multiplayer's hands down! While I would love some more developer made maps, I do like how they are adding some forge made maps into the pool. I think Backwash would be a really cool, underrated map to see remastered, in my opinion.
Anyone care to comment on the box saying remastered halo 2 in conjunction with the only mention of what maps are in it being "over 100 maps" I personally fin this misleading and possibly even deceptive
Halo: The Master Chief Collection Box Back

Anyone care to comment on the box saying remastered halo 2 in conjunction with the only mention of what maps are in it being "over 100 maps" I personally fin this misleading and possibly even deceptive
At no point does the box claim that h2a had over 100 maps to itself. Your failure to due even the most basic due dilligence doesn't make what it says deceptive or inaccurate.
Well, it's not wrong, is it? Halo 2 was remastered and there are over 100 multiplayer maps seeing as it is a collection of the past Halo titles.
Not really... There are over 100 maps in MCC. I don't believe it says ALL of them are H2A maps.
x N7 117 x wrote:
Well, it's not wrong, is it? Halo 2 was remastered and there are over 100 multiplayer maps seeing as it is a collection of the past Halo titles.
Halos campaign was remastered in full. The box that monitor has but up clearly states 4 full games. Naming halo 2 anniversary. Defend it all you want but it's still misleading
x N7 117 x wrote:
Halos campaign was remastered in full. The box that monitor has but up clearly states 4 full games. Naming halo 2 anniversary. Defend it all you want but it's still misleading
Sorry but I don't see how it's misleading. Now I started Halo with Halo 2 and I can't recall how many map just Halo 2 has but I would be pretty sure it's no 100 so a bit of common sense should tell you not all 100 maps are Halo 2 anniversary. Don't get me wrong we should have gotten way more H2A maps but can't agree that the box was misleading. When I get home I will take another look at it.
x N7 117 x wrote:
It also says Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary, Halo 3, and Halo 4. At the end of the day, there are four full games. Halo 2 never had over one-hundred maps in its original run and nowhere does it state that all maps were remastered. We got everything that was advertised on the box. There is nothing misleading about it.
x N7 117 x wrote:
OP I’m gonna be honest what you’re saying doesn’t make sense right now.

Did you expect H2A to have over 100 maps? Is that the point you’re defending? Because that’s just not even fact. The original game didn’t have anything close to 100 maps. What would lead you to believe that H2A would?

It’s pretty clearly stated that MCC is a collection of games. That includes maps from every game. Totalling over 100. I’m not sure what you’re getting at here? Can you clarify?
I can see where “4 full games” and “a re-mastered Halo 2: Anniversary” immediately next to each other could suggest that all the multiplayer maps got remastered too.

I don’t think the over 100 maps thing is the issue, but I think if you’re not someone who keeps up to date with gaming news and are looking at things from off the shelf I can see where there is valid concern.
Never said halo 2 had 100 maps. It had 22. 24 if you count the pc version which is the one your playing in mcc.