Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Canceling the beta patch to speed the CU up?

OP Chernobyled

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
They said they canceled the Beta patch test to speed up the patch release. What happened because I see no speeding up of the patch process. Its not coming any time soon.

This is all so surreal. Once Halo 5 goes gold MS needs to shut this studio down and start over for Halo 6. Keep a skeleton crew for post launch 5 support and move on. This group isnt capable of running the franchise.
I wish this was done after the abysmal Halo 4.
Now MCC... if they're still a studio after Halo 5, I'll feel like Microsoft really doesn't care about quality control.
Halo 6 will be the last AAA Halo game. MS never expected to replace Bungie and make more hit games. They moved people from within to make up the current chain of command, from a business management standpoint. From there they hired some excellent talents, but mostly unproven individuals whose services were quite cheap considering the work they'd be doing. That's why the development team at 343 either turns over each and every title or work is outsourced. They are not trying to make hit games. They are trying to market the Halo name as well as possible until it no longer holds power which can reasonably be assumed to spark game sales worth going after.

Why? What other major exclusive did they have at the time? Hell, name another they have right now? Sunset? Totally different genre, but it has potential in its own right. Titanfall? Unless it gains a very solid storyline, it's just about already reached its peak (if it hasn't already).

They're buying time, hoping to find a new game. While I have no problem with them finding a new frontline exclusive, I take serious issue with how its being done, because it seems like 95% of you all cannot even recognize this is in fact what's been happening. Before MCC, that was entirely their fault. Actually, it'll always be their fault, but the truth of these matters are now in-your-face for anyone who bought MCC and had any idea what this game was promised to be back at E3 2014.

Halo 5 will sell pretty well, but it won't sell great, and it's online population will die extremely fast. They know that, and they don't care because in order to make Halo 6 see it sell enough copies for it to be worth their while, the "next Halo" after Halo 5 will need to be desired quicker than Halo's normal 3 year development cycle.

Halo 6 will be nearly one year into development when 5 ships, so expect Halo 6 within 2 years of 5's launch, and know that will be the last. This is a business, and it's about money. While there's nothing necessarily wrong about that, there's plenty wrong with how this group goes about misleading us all. I really do hope more of you begin to at least consider these ideas, because they are the reality with which you are faced as a Halo fan.
Halo is dying. My favorite game is dying, and there's nothing we can do about it.
If only MS wasn't absolute -Yoinks!- to Bungie, We may have actually had a working game.
JonRawl wrote:
Halo 6 will be the last AAA Halo game. MS never expected to replace Bungie and make more hit games. They moved people from within to make up the current chain of command, from a business management standpoint. From there they hired some excellent talents, but mostly unproven individuals whose services were quite cheap considering the work they'd be doing. That's why the development team at 343 either turns over each and every title or work is outsourced. They are not trying to make hit games. They are trying to market the Halo name as well as possible until it no longer holds power which can reasonably be assumed to spark game sales worth going after.

Why? What other major exclusive did they have at the time? Hell, name another they have right now? Sunset? Totally different genre, but it has potential in its own right. Titanfall? Unless it gains a very solid storyline, it's just about already reached its peak (if it hasn't already).

They're buying time, hoping to find a new game. While I have no problem with them finding a new frontline exclusive, I take serious issue with how its being done, because it seems like 95% of you all cannot even recognize this is in fact what's been happening. Before MCC, that was entirely their fault. Actually, it'll always be their fault, but the truth of these matters are now in-your-face for anyone who bought MCC and had any idea what this game was promised to be back at E3 2014.

Halo 5 will sell pretty well, but it won't sell great, and it's online population will die extremely fast. They know that, and they don't care because in order to make Halo 6 see it sell enough copies for it to be worth their while, the "next Halo" after Halo 5 will need to be desired quicker than Halo's normal 3 year development cycle.

Halo 6 will be nearly one year into development when 5 ships, so expect Halo 6 within 2 years of 5's launch, and know that will be the last. This is a business, and it's about money. While there's nothing necessarily wrong about that, there's plenty wrong with how this group goes about misleading us all. I really do hope more of you begin to at least consider these ideas, because they are the reality with which you are faced as a Halo fan.
If 343 didnt have other companies like Blur and Certain Affinity help with the MCC, then it would have either been released half finished (with things like H2A cutscenes missing and H2A maps missing) or it would have been delayed until 2015.

So do you honestly think Halo 6 is in development right now? Becuase that is what you are implying. They have a team working on MCC and a team working on Halo 5. They don't have enough people to be working on a game that is a sequel to a game that isn't even Gold yet.

I'm also willing to bet that most of the problems in the MCC are becuase of Microsoft. Thy knew that the MCC would be an insane system seller, especially for the holidays. Now we don't know if it was Microsofts or 343's idea for the MCC, but who ever it was they were way in over their head. Microsoft most likely had a tight deadline for 343 and were unwilling to let the game ship after Christmas. If 343 had more time to squash the bugs it would've been perfect.

Call me a 343 fanboy if you will, I just don't believe that they only care about money.
JonRawl wrote:
Halo 6 will be the last AAA Halo game.
I stopped right there. Remember when they said Halo would be a trilogy and would end at 3? Halo will never end just like COD, Mario, Gears of War, Killzone, Mass effect or any other series like that. Halo wont end. It might have a long delay before the next prequel or spin off Halo game, but Halo 6 wont be the last AAA title.
Erik L wrote:
I wish this was done after the abysmal Halo 4.
Now MCC... if they're still a studio after Halo 5, I'll feel like Microsoft really doesn't care about quality control.
Of course they don't care about quality control, 343 presented Halo 4's initial build that was built around "traditional Halo" and was well received by testing groups but scrapped it because Microsoft wanted it to be dumbed down for CoD kids. As long as 343's games continue generating profits they'll continue making Halo for the foreseeable future regardless of quality and online population.
IceP0int wrote:
Erik L wrote:
I wish this was done after the abysmal Halo 4.
Now MCC... if they're still a studio after Halo 5, I'll feel like Microsoft really doesn't care about quality control.


Of course they don't care about quality control, 343 presented Halo 4's initial build that was built around "traditional Halo" and was well received by testing groups but scrapped it because Microsoft wanted it to be dumbed down for CoD kids. As long as 343's games continue generating profits they'll continue making Halo for the foreseeable future regardless of quality and online population.
Why do you think they will generate profits past 6? It's not about just generating a profit. In order for Halo to be worth MS's while, Halo must be able to meet a certain point of profit margin. 343i/MS cannot continue to do as they've been with Halo games and maintain the necessary sales to sufficiently serve MS. They're still selling well because the name "Halo" was so highly regarded from the successful titles of the past. I believe MCC is going to end up having a much greater impact on the "Halo" brand than you realize.
JonRawl wrote:
Halo 6 will be the last AAA Halo game. MS never expected to replace Bungie and make more hit games. They moved people from within to make up the current chain of command, from a business management standpoint. From there they hired some excellent talents, but mostly unproven individuals whose services were quite cheap considering the work they'd be doing. That's why the development team at 343 either turns over each and every title or work is outsourced. They are not trying to make hit games. They are trying to market the Halo name as well as possible until it no longer holds power which can reasonably be assumed to spark game sales worth going after.

Why? What other major exclusive did they have at the time? Hell, name another they have right now? Sunset? Totally different genre, but it has potential in its own right. Titanfall? Unless it gains a very solid storyline, it's just about already reached its peak (if it hasn't already).

They're buying time, hoping to find a new game. While I have no problem with them finding a new frontline exclusive, I take serious issue with how its being done, because it seems like 95% of you all cannot even recognize this is in fact what's been happening. Before MCC, that was entirely their fault. Actually, it'll always be their fault, but the truth of these matters are now in-your-face for anyone who bought MCC and had any idea what this game was promised to be back at E3 2014.

Halo 5 will sell pretty well, but it won't sell great, and it's online population will die extremely fast. They know that, and they don't care because in order to make Halo 6 see it sell enough copies for it to be worth their while, the "next Halo" after Halo 5 will need to be desired quicker than Halo's normal 3 year development cycle.

Halo 6 will be nearly one year into development when 5 ships, so expect Halo 6 within 2 years of 5's launch, and know that will be the last. This is a business, and it's about money. While there's nothing necessarily wrong about that, there's plenty wrong with how this group goes about misleading us all. I really do hope more of you begin to at least consider these ideas, because they are the reality with which you are faced as a Halo fan.


  1. If 343 didn't have other companies like Blur and Certain Affinity help with the MCC, then it would have either been released half finished (with things like H2A cutscenes missing and H2A maps missing) or it would have been delayed until 2015.
  2. So do you honestly think Halo 6 is in development right now? Becuase that is what you are implying.
  3. They have a team working on MCC and a team working on Halo 5. They don't have enough people to be working on a game that is a sequel to a game that isn't even Gold yet.
  4. I'm also willing to bet that most of the problems in the MCC are becuase of Microsoft. They knew that the MCC would be an insane system seller, especially for the holidays. Now we don't know if it was Microsofts or 343's idea for the MCC, but who ever it was they were way in over their head. Microsoft most likely had a tight deadline for 343 and were unwilling to let the game ship after Christmas. If 343 had more time to squash the bugs it would've been perfect.
  5. Call me a 343 fanboy if you will, I just don't believe that they only care about money.


  1. The game WAS released half-finished. See you look at what you can see within this game, then considering the "finished" or "completed" version of it based on what the it'd be like without all bugs/issues which currently exist. The problem with this logic is you inherently discard all things which remain absent from this game that were promised to us at E3 and all the other major panels 343i participated in prior to launch. The game WAS and IS half-finished; even with their outsourcing much of the work.
  2. I believe Halo 6 is well into it's conceptualization stage, which is a major piece of the development process. So yes, I absolutely believe it's in development right now. They're hiring for the stages which come after conceptualization. That said, I find it difficult to understand why you DON'T believe H6 is in development right now.
  3. They outsourced the porting of Halo CE 2 and 3 to other studios. So, what in the world makes you think they have not simply shipped that work back to their clients to fix these problems? Why do you think 343i is so silent? One reason is because they want to avoid negative PR so they can go to E3 in good as shape as possible to sell Halo 5. The other reason is most of the "coming fixes" are NOT being done in-house. They're being done by the same group(s) who originally ported those games to begin with. 343i was simply playing project manager with MCC. If they WANTED this game fixed, they'd handle it themselves. If they were handling it themselves, you'd get more communication out of them, because they'd KNOW WTF is going on at each and every waking moment AND would want to let you know about the progress THEY were making. They don't say anything though, do they? Again, this is VERY easy to see because it's in their spit that's running down our faces.
  4. 343i IS MICROSOFT!!! What don't you get about this??? Two names, same group, period. You're analyzation of who's to blame is pointless because they're in the same boat (including the teams which accepted/handled any and all outsourced duties).
  5. Nobody is a fanboy. There are simply people with different levels of understanding regarding the matter. I'm sure they care about more things than money. They are human beings. They love poetry and scotch and their families...whatever...but at the end of the day, money rules what goes down on 1 Micro Soft Way.
They said they canceled the Beta patch test to speed up the patch release. What happened because I see no speeding up of the patch process. Its not coming any time soon.

This is all so surreal. Once Halo 5 goes gold MS needs to shut this studio down and start over for Halo 6. Keep a skeleton crew for post launch 5 support and move on. This group isnt capable of running the franchise.
i really hate to agree with this but....yeah, get a new crew on this. i would rather see bungie back, but lets be realistic it wont happen, even with destinies failure (which can be atributed more by activision then anything else) one thing you can say for certain,....bungie knew halo, even with reach, it still felt like halo
You're still around making threads like this? Come on, man. Yes, the waiting process isn't the most fun thing around, but let's be real here: We didn't have a timeline for this patch in the first place. It may very well have been that with that beta period they originally put forth, they would've had a couple of weeks of testing and then another couple of weeks of bug squashing. We may not have seen the patch until the middle of March.

They've optimized the process so that we're definitely getting a solid date for this patch by next week (or, I guess, they said whenever they next communicate with us - I'm just assuming that will be next week) and, usually, these patches seem to roll out within seven days after they're announced. So yeah, I think it's fair to say that they're getting this patch to us slightly faster.

And even if this doesn't turn out to be the case, I still have to wonder what the point of this thread is. I think you've made at least one such thread per week, except for that week where you were banned, since this game launched. What's the point? If you're honestly interested in starting a discussion about this company's ethics, its own forums probably isn't the best place to do it. You're just stoking the negativity here, without being realistically constructive about it.
JonRawl wrote:
JonRawl wrote:
Halo 6 will be the last AAA Halo game. MS never expected to replace Bungie and make more hit games. They moved people from within to make up the current chain of command, from a business management standpoint. From there they hired some excellent talents, but mostly unproven individuals whose services were quite cheap considering the work they'd be doing. That's why the development team at 343 either turns over each and every title or work is outsourced. They are not trying to make hit games. They are trying to market the Halo name as well as possible until it no longer holds power which can reasonably be assumed to spark game sales worth going after.

Why? What other major exclusive did they have at the time? Hell, name another they have right now? Sunset? Totally different genre, but it has potential in its own right. Titanfall? Unless it gains a very solid storyline, it's just about already reached its peak (if it hasn't already).

They're buying time, hoping to find a new game. While I have no problem with them finding a new frontline exclusive, I take serious issue with how its being done, because it seems like 95% of you all cannot even recognize this is in fact what's been happening. Before MCC, that was entirely their fault. Actually, it'll always be their fault, but the truth of these matters are now in-your-face for anyone who bought MCC and had any idea what this game was promised to be back at E3 2014.

Halo 5 will sell pretty well, but it won't sell great, and it's online population will die extremely fast. They know that, and they don't care because in order to make Halo 6 see it sell enough copies for it to be worth their while, the "next Halo" after Halo 5 will need to be desired quicker than Halo's normal 3 year development cycle.

Halo 6 will be nearly one year into development when 5 ships, so expect Halo 6 within 2 years of 5's launch, and know that will be the last. This is a business, and it's about money. While there's nothing necessarily wrong about that, there's plenty wrong with how this group goes about misleading us all. I really do hope more of you begin to at least consider these ideas, because they are the reality with which you are faced as a Halo fan.


  1. If 343 didn't have other companies like Blur and Certain Affinity help with the MCC, then it would have either been released half finished (with things like H2A cutscenes missing and H2A maps missing) or it would have been delayed until 2015.
  2. So do you honestly think Halo 6 is in development right now? Becuase that is what you are implying.
  3. They have a team working on MCC and a team working on Halo 5. They don't have enough people to be working on a game that is a sequel to a game that isn't even Gold yet.
  4. I'm also willing to bet that most of the problems in the MCC are becuase of Microsoft. They knew that the MCC would be an insane system seller, especially for the holidays. Now we don't know if it was Microsofts or 343's idea for the MCC, but who ever it was they were way in over their head. Microsoft most likely had a tight deadline for 343 and were unwilling to let the game ship after Christmas. If 343 had more time to squash the bugs it would've been perfect.
  5. Call me a 343 fanboy if you will, I just don't believe that they only care about money.


  1. The game WAS released half-finished. See you look at what you can see within this game, then considering the "finished" or "completed" version of it based on what the it'd be like without all bugs/issues which currently exist. The problem with this logic is you inherently discard all things which remain absent from this game that were promised to us at E3 and all the other major panels 343i participated in prior to launch. The game WAS and IS half-finished; even with their outsourcing much of the work.
  2. I believe Halo 6 is well into it's conceptualization stage, which is a major piece of the development process. So yes, I absolutely believe it's in development right now. They're hiring for the stages which come after conceptualization. That said, I find it difficult to understand why you DON'T believe H6 is in development right now.
  3. They outsourced the porting of Halo CE 2 and 3 to other studios. So, what in the world makes you think they have not simply shipped that work back to their clients to fix these problems? Why do you think 343i is so silent? One reason is because they want to avoid negative PR so they can go to E3 in good as shape as possible to sell Halo 5. The other reason is most of the "coming fixes" are NOT being done in-house. They're being done by the same group(s) who originally ported those games to begin with. 343i was simply playing project manager with MCC. If they WANTED this game fixed, they'd handle it themselves. If they were handling it themselves, you'd get more communication out of them, because they'd KNOW WTF is going on at each and every waking moment AND would want to let you know about the progress THEY were making. They don't say anything though, do they? Again, this is VERY easy to see because it's in their spit that's running down our faces.
  4. 343i IS MICROSOFT!!! What don't you get about this??? Two names, same group, period. You're analyzation of who's to blame is pointless because they're in the same boat (including the teams which accepted/handled any and all outsourced duties).
  5. Nobody is a fanboy. There are simply people with different levels of understanding regarding the matter. I'm sure they care about more things than money. They are human beings. They love poetry and scotch and their families...whatever...but at the end of the day, money rules what goes down on 1 Micro Soft Way.
1. Well, this one's true.
2. Halo 6 cannot possibly be on 343i's radar outside of writing.
3. 343i is handling the patches, since most of the fixes involve UI and Networking.
4. Yeah, that's what he said. He's blaming MICROSOFT (the publisher) not 343i (the developer).
5. I really don't think you understand the difference between developer and publisher, with all due respect. The publisher worries about the money, the developer worries about shipping code.
Right when they said they were canceling the beta patch, they also said, "by the end of February."

So we still have time.
JonRawl wrote:
Halo 6 will be the last AAA Halo game. MS never expected to replace Bungie and make more hit games. They moved people from within to make up the current chain of command, from a business management standpoint. From there they hired some excellent talents, but mostly unproven individuals whose services were quite cheap considering the work they'd be doing. That's why the development team at 343 either turns over each and every title or work is outsourced. They are not trying to make hit games. They are trying to market the Halo name as well as possible until it no longer holds power which can reasonably be assumed to spark game sales worth going after.

Why? What other major exclusive did they have at the time? Hell, name another they have right now? Sunset? Totally different genre, but it has potential in its own right. Titanfall? Unless it gains a very solid storyline, it's just about already reached its peak (if it hasn't already).

They're buying time, hoping to find a new game. While I have no problem with them finding a new frontline exclusive, I take serious issue with how its being done, because it seems like 95% of you all cannot even recognize this is in fact what's been happening. Before MCC, that was entirely their fault. Actually, it'll always be their fault, but the truth of these matters are now in-your-face for anyone who bought MCC and had any idea what this game was promised to be back at E3 2014.

Halo 5 will sell pretty well, but it won't sell great, and it's online population will die extremely fast. They know that, and they don't care because in order to make Halo 6 see it sell enough copies for it to be worth their while, the "next Halo" after Halo 5 will need to be desired quicker than Halo's normal 3 year development cycle.

Halo 6 will be nearly one year into development when 5 ships, so expect Halo 6 within 2 years of 5's launch, and know that will be the last. This is a business, and it's about money. While there's nothing necessarily wrong about that, there's plenty wrong with how this group goes about misleading us all. I really do hope more of you begin to at least consider these ideas, because they are the reality with which you are faced as a Halo fan.
Tellin em how it is brotha
Oh people people people it's not 343's fault I heard that Microsoft pushed them to release it early they just wanted money so they pushed 343 into releasing it early that's what I heard
dude527 wrote:
Yes, the waiting process isn't the most fun thing around, but . . .

  1. let's be real here: We didn't have a timeline for this patch in the first place.
  2. It may very well have been that with that beta period they originally put forth, they would've had a couple of weeks of testing and then another couple of weeks of bug squashing. We may not have seen the patch until the middle of March.
  3. They've optimized the process so that we're definitely getting a solid date for this patch by next week
  4. (or, I guess, they said "whenever they next communicate with us" - I'm just assuming that will be next week) and, usually, these patches seem to roll out within seven days after they're announced.
  5. So yeah, I think it's fair to say that they're getting this patch to us slightly faster.
And even if this doesn't turn out to be the case, I still have to wonder what the point of this thread is.
  • I think you've made at least one such thread per week, except for that week where you were banned, since this game launched. What's the point?
  • If you're honestly interested in starting a discussion about this company's ethics, its own forums probably isn't the best place to do it.
  • You're just stoking the negativity here, without being realistically constructive about it.

  1. Yeah we did. They said FEBRUARY. That's a 28 day window; a wide time-frame, but it is one nonetheless. They've silently retracted (erased) their previously stated February timeline, but that doesn't mean it wasn't there nor does it mean all of us don't remember reading it. How many "Feb" update threads have been created since they said it? This community is as divided as it gets, so you tell me how we all suddenly joined forces and started talking about the same CU slated for release "sometime in February". Don't say that was the time line for the Beta because they were 100% precise and specific there - "On Friday, January 23 (exact time to be determined) participants selected will be prompted to download the content update automatically when Halo: The Master Chief Collection is started." Beta was to run from January 23-January 26th, with the finished CU product rolling out to all XBL members "sometime in February". That timeline of "sometime in Feb" remained in tact even when they first informed everyone that there would be no Beta after all.
  2. As far as you know, the CU patch STILL won't be ready till AT LEAST mid-March.
  3. You say they've optimized the process, but really what you're doing is repeating the official statement. Official statements which have repeatedly been seen to be false, retracted silently, or changed with rhetoric even you recall here . . .
  4. "Whenever we next communicate regarding this matter" - Recognize the extreme carefulness in how one chose one's words. Yeah you're assuming a whole lot here.
  5. I'm not really sure how you came to that conclusion other than you blindly believing they're getting any sort of update to us any faster at all.
And it won't turn out to be the case . . .

  • I'm not the person whom you're asking the question, but I'm going to provide an answer for you regardless, and in the form of another question: Tell me what good you see coming of this situation and good coming to TMCC if we simply choose to quietly accept the lack of transparency from 343/MS since the game launched? Let's say everyone single one of us simply sealed our lips and blindly trust the group who says things like "When we next communicate" rather than providing an actual date (JUST TO RECEIVE ANOTHER DATE). Now do you think the update is going to be better, same, or worse than it would be if we actually make them aware that we notice their "When we next communicate" rhetoric? Do you think it's coming faster/same/or slower? The answers sure as hell aren't better and faster. So, what's the point in asking what's the point? If you think it's pointless to raise our voices, then why did you bother to object? Your post is no different than the ones that say "I GIVE UP" and then the author never stops posting. The point is we want WTF we were promised starting at E3 last year. We want the game we paid for thinking we would get. If you don't give a damn that you didn't get that promised game, then by all means, go enjoy the hell out of what you're perfectly content with.
  • Sure it is, because people like you are on here acting like things are peachy keen, and if we left you happily and merrily accept the gift of spit in your face, whenever the more casual and especially brand new player to the series strolled through looking for some quick answers regarding the issues he/she's encountering, they'd believe it's only minor problems and they're fixing it "soon". They'd never understand that H2Classic plays almost nothing like the real Halo 2. They'd assume Halo 4 was essentially just like the other games, just with sprint added in, and they'd have every reason to assume ranks aren't even supposed to be part of the game; worse, even a real part of Halo.
  • You're just criticizing for the hell of it. What exactly was so constructive about you criticizing the person and posts which you yourself labeled as non-constructive??? Please do let us all know. If you like what you got out of MCC then that's 100% FANTASTIC! YAY FOR YOU!!! Some of us don't enjoy the "new" Halo. Some of us despise it, and simply want to make sure this last little bit of what we DO like, actually materializes as we were promised it would, because while you and your buddies play Halo 5 for three months, we want to play Halo TMCC until we can at least see if Halo 6 will be returning to the Halo we love. We want Halo TMCC to be taken care of and finished before 343 is finished making games we enjoy. If you can't understand this, then just try to respect it. If I get TMCC we were promised, you won't hear another word from me unless Halo returns to it's classic form. Then you can live in peace and harmony and chat about your armor customizations and nameplate icons all you want in perfect loving peace. Until then, perhaps you might help us see our way out the door and leave you to rule this forum as your own by helping us get what we were promised and ultimately paid for.
znazanz777 wrote:


1. Well, this one's true.
2. Halo 6 cannot possibly be on 343i's radar outside of writing.
3. 343i is handling the patches, since most of the fixes involve UI and Networking.
4. Yeah, that's what he said. He's blaming MICROSOFT (the publisher) not 343i (the developer).
5. I really don't think you understand the difference between developer and publisher, with all due respect. The publisher worries about the money, the developer worries about shipping code.
2: What do you think conceptualization means? That IS a part of development, btw. Once conceptualization is nearly completed, they are able to determine need for hire. Guess what? They're starting advertise positions for hire.

3: Just curious - What makes you believe this. Seriously, not arguing; just asking. If you wouldn't mind sharing, I'd appreciate it very much.

4&5: I know what he said. And I do understand the difference between dev/pub. 343i is essentially "Microsoft, game department". . . The people who MANAGE 343i were literally cherry-picked out from other areas/departments within Microsoft. Go look it up if you wish to confirm it for yourself. This is important because unlike Bungie who existed prior to their deal with Microsoft, 343 is not only funded by MS, they're entirely managed by MICROSOFT. Their every decision and move is MICROSOFT's decision and move because they are the SAME.

The developers were hired to be employees of Microsoft (find a 343i job that isn't posted through MS). The publisher is the developer, the developer is the publisher in this case. 343 Developers - Hired by MS The funding - MS. Planning - MS. Marketing - MS. Platform - MS's. License to Halo Rights - MS. 343 is a name, and nothing more. The developers are MS employees. You can say this makes no difference, but it absolutely does. This is not two separate entities which are working together, as was the case with Bungie and MS. This is one entity and that entities name for one department. Pointing fingers at one/blaming the other vice-versa...is POINTLESS!
Right when they said they were canceling the beta patch, they also said, "by the end of February."

So we still have time.
Glad to see you all still remember that. Good luck trying to find it now. Hint: They've gone back and _____ it.
JonRawl wrote:
Halo 6 will be the last AAA Halo game.

I stopped right there. Remember when they said Halo would be a trilogy and would end at 3? Halo will never end just like COD, Mario, Gears of War, Killzone, Mass effect or any other series like that. Halo wont end. It might have a long delay before the next prequel or spin off Halo game, but Halo 6 wont be the last AAA title.
absolutely, even if it dies they will continue to try to make games. then there will be a shakeup in management and development. Then it will be re-invented and re-invigorated like Tomb Raider was. I dont see that happening though honestly.

I think the Halo 5 doomsayers are being quite melodramatic. It will sell well, and my bet is that the population will maintain much much longer than Halo 4.

With how many games are available in the market now, its unreasonable to expect the MP population to stay in the top 10 for 3 years straight like Halo 3. if they can have the MP population fall very slowly over the course of 18 months or so, that would be a resounding success.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2