Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

CE 2v2 > H3 2v2: change my mind

OP lI Mr X Il

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Why is H3 2v2 so popular when CE is the superior game for 2v2 on so many levels? To the people that play H3 2v2, have you ever played CE 2v2? If so why do you prefer H3 to CE? Is there something in particular that makes you not like CE? I’m going to post a list of some of the things that make CE the better game for 2v2 in my opinion.

Utility weapon: CE has a much stronger utility weapon. It can kill an opponent in 0.6 seconds while the H3 BR takes 1.5 seconds to kill. This means that each individual has much more slaying power and reduces the need for a team shot meta. This also means the skill gap between good and bad players is wider. In CE it is much more likely that a player can win a 2v1 gunfight even against players of similar skill if they land perfect shots. Winning a 2v1 BR fight against players of similar skill in H3 is pretty much impossible even if you land all your shots perfectly. The magnum also has much more range than the BR which means players need to be much more aware of player positions and sight lines since a player spawning on the other side of the map can kill you in the blink of an eye if you aren’t careful. In H3 out past mid range you can literally stand still and stare at your opponent for well over a second while they shoot you 4 times then duck behind cover and get your shields back.

Movement: CE has a faster strafe than H3. This means that players can use their strafe to make their opponents miss more shots than they can in H3. This also contributes to CE having a wider shooting skill gap than H3 and makes winning 2v1 magnum fights possible. Although the magnum only takes three shots to kill most engagements take 6+ shots. That means the average kill is twice as long as the prefect kill. The BR kills in 4 shots but the average is still around 5 or 6 which means the average kill time is only 25-50% longer than the perfect kill.

Player spawn system: In CE you have 100% control over where you spawn your partner. This adds a whole new layer of strategy that isn’t present in H3. You can choose to give your partner a safe spawn, a risky but potentially rewarding spawn, or try to give them a random spawn. In H3 your spawns are influenced by things like enemy position, sight lines, and grenades. This means that if your partner dies you don’t have to worry about what you are doing to get them the best spawn. Giving a player complete control over their partner’s spawn adds another mental component to the game that only serves to widen the skill gap between good and bad players.

The power up / power weapon spawn system: CE uses a static spawn system for weapons and power ups. Most maps have OS and camo spawning every minute with rockets spawning every two minutes. This ensures that map movement has a consistent flow to it with plenty of incentive to move around the map to secure the next set of power ups when they spawn. In H3 the power weapons respawn a set time from when you pick them up. This means that if you pick up rockets and your opponent doesn’t know when you picked them up you have an advantage because only you know when they will spawn again. This means that you have a free pass at getting them again when they respawn. In CE it doesn’t matter when you grab rockets. They will spawn again at a fixed time that your opponent is also aware of so you have to fight to acquire the rockets every spawn cycle. The power ups in H3 are static like CE but they spawn every two minutes instead of every one minute which slows the pace of the game.

Weapon nading: In CE you can nade weapons to yourself from almost anywhere on the map if you know where to aim your grenade. This adds another layer of depth to the game that isn’t in H3. Nading a weapon to yourself when you are at a disadvantage can quickly turn the tide of the match in your favor. To an inexperienced player getting an initial spawn at back red on Hang em High while the other team spawns next to camo and rockets seems like an unwinnable fight. However if you know where to aim you can grenade the rockets and sniper rifle back to yourself putting you on equal footing with the team who got the camo spawn and giving you a chance to fight your way out to a better position on the map.
In halo ce, basically there are only 2 viable weapons: magnum and rocket launcher. These are pretty much the only guns that are used as they dominate the games. In halo 3, there is much more strategy to it (noob combos, snipers, shotguns, abilities ect) which makes it more skillful. Im not saying halo ce multiplayer is bad at all but for competetive matches, i just think halo 3 is better. Halo ce for me eventually gets boring as it doesnt take much skill as the magnum dominates, its fun for maybe the first few games but after that it gets a bit repetetive.
In halo ce, basically there are only 2 viable weapons: magnum and rocket launcher
Have you ever even played Halo CE?
To be fair the AR, PR, and shotgun were pretty useless in mcc until the last update fixed them, but the sniper is on easy mode currently.

Also it’s clear he doesn’t know the CE meta and that’s okay. Not many players do. CE is probabl the best 2v2 FPS ever made.
CE is the most map based balanced Halo but not so much in the weapon category. H3 weapons are pretty well balanced but not so much in the map category. I would agree that CE 2V2 is more of a straight forward skill v skill due to map balancing and pistol starts. However, I still take H3 2V2 because you can be tactically creative with weapons options which can overcome a map side disadvantage.
CE is the the most competitive and balanced environment to play 2v2s in Halo. It isn't really debatable at this point.
CE is the the most competitive and balanced environment to play 2v2s in Halo. It isn't really debatable at this point.
That's bc it is one of the better made arena based games. All other Halo multiplayers were not built with the arena mindset.
In halo ce, basically there are only 2 viable weapons: magnum and rocket launcher. These are pretty much the only guns that are used as they dominate the games. In halo 3, there is much more strategy to it (noob combos, snipers, shotguns, abilities ect) which makes it more skillful. Im not saying halo ce multiplayer is bad at all but for competetive matches, i just think halo 3 is better. Halo ce for me eventually gets boring as it doesnt take much skill as the magnum dominates, its fun for maybe the first few games but after that it gets a bit repetetive.
This is a misconception that is simply not true. For starters every Halo has had a utility weapon that is used in 90% of engagements. All of the guns in CE (except the needler) are viable and see use even at the highest level of play. The sniper gets plenty of use and can be used to dominate someone with a magnum in maps like Hang em High and Damnation. The shotgun is the most powerful of all the Halo shotguns. It can get kills on unshielded opponents from quite a good range. The plasma rifle melts through OS and has a stun effect making it great for getting kills when attacking from behind or the side. (As someone mentioned the MCC versions of shotty and PR were broken but this last update made them better and I’m not judging CE and H3 off their broken MCC versions but on their OG versions) I can’t even think of a scenario in a 2v2 H3 game where someone would drop their BR for the assault rifle but people drop their magnum for a sniper or rockets and keep the AR in the second slot all the time for its ability to quick camo. Watch some beach lan footage of top CE players playing doubles. Then watch some top H3 players playing doubles. I’ll bet you $100 the BR is used way more than the magnum. Equipment is cool in theory since it’s basically just another power up on the map to control but in practice they aren’t fun to play with or against. Most of the equipment just acts as a get out of jail free card that helps bad players make up for otherwise fatal mistakes but doesn’t actually help good players get kills. Caught in a bad position? Losing a gun fight? Just drop a regen and watch as your opponent is forced to retreat and the gameplay grinds a a halt until it finally runs out.
It's actually the complete opposite. Halo 3 has a ton of useless and/or redundant weapons, while everysingle gun has it's place in CE and since you spawn with the pistol, rockets and nades pack a real punch, unlike h3 where you are lucky to get someone no shield with a nade/rocket unless it's a direct hit. The shotgun in CE is great for close range and it alongside any unzoomable gun can be used for quick camo. Plasma weapons have their stun, though it's kinda broken in MCC right now. The Snipe is also viable since it shoots so fast. The AR can be used to quick camo and has a higher melee range than the pistol. It's also quite alright when combined with a double melee. The only thing that is truly unviable is the needler, though I guess that can also be used to quick camo.
In h3 you have snipe, rocket, shotgun/sword and BR. The rest is either useless or a copy of another gun. Throw in the frustrating and poorly designed equipment and mix it with a useless OS and an easy to spot camo and you can't seriously think that h3 is better then CE. And let's not even get into how god awful halo 3's default spawns are.

@OP: CE 2v2 is easily the best 2v2 in console fps history, maybe even general fps history.
change your mind?? i simply cant and will not, bcoz CE master race :)
Quote:
CE 2V2 > H3 2V2: CHANGE MY MIND
Nope, you are correct.
Halo CE is 'unrealistic' but that's what makes it so fun. It is also a very competitive and requires a lot of skill. The magnum is very overpowered and team coordination is required to best your opponent, this can become messy on team slayer. Halo 2 also has good duos. As for Halo 3 all game modes are equally balanced in the fun and competitive factor, so duos does not stand out and thus appears less fun than Halo CE. The classic aura of CE and the vibrant colours make you feel good inside while playing. Halo CE duos is just unbeatable on top of that, it is just unexplainably FUN, go try it out yourselves!
Wrong. Halo CE is way more rich and diverse than H3 will ever be.
I don’t understand people that say the H1 pistol is overpowered. I would say the sniper is a more powerful weapon especially when the game is hitscan.

In all of the other Halo’s, rockets/snipers and power ups are way too game changing. These items should give you an advantage but it shouldn’t be that huge.

The H1 pistol is the equalizer. If someone grabs rockets/sniper and is out of position, you can still 3 shot them. But as someone else mentioned, the TTK in other halo games is too long for the primary weapon. It doesn’t punish positioning as much and requires more teamwork/teamkills. I think that’s why Halo as an esport isn’t enjoyable to watch nowadays. We need a Halo where individual skill can be absolutely game changing. Where one player can rack up kills or carry a team by himself. In H1 you see that happen often because of the pistol.
CE has better 2v2 because almost every map was built around the idea of 2v2, while Halo 3 focused more on 4v4, which means bigger maps to balance out how often you encounter an enemy. This makes 2v2 matches slower, since the match's player count is too small for the map's intended purpose. So of course CE is better, because essentially the entire multiplayer was devoted to 2v2. It's also got a really damn good sandbox, except needler. RIP needler.
bamboohpc wrote:
I don’t understand people that say the H1 pistol is overpowered. I would say the sniper is a more powerful weapon especially when the game is hitscan.

In all of the other Halo’s, rockets/snipers and power ups are way too game changing. These items should give you an advantage but it shouldn’t be that huge.

The H1 pistol is the equalizer. If someone grabs rockets/sniper and is out of position, you can still 3 shot them. But as someone else mentioned, the TTK in other halo games is too long for the primary weapon. It doesn’t punish positioning as much and requires more teamwork/teamkills. I think that’s why Halo as an esport isn’t enjoyable to watch nowadays. We need a Halo where individual skill can be absolutely game changing. Where one player can rack up kills or carry a team by himself. In H1 you see that happen often because of the pistol.
How are any of the weapons except for the plasma pistol and needler not overpowered? The pistol has limitless range, 3 shots to the head whats not OP about that? Don't get me wrong, only two weapons in the game the spanker and fuel rod cannon are the better weapons. How do those weapons devalue the OPness (not a word) of the pistol? As for the sniper its slightly larger than usual cross-hair radius is a slight disadvantage and the magnum rapid fire un-zooms snipers and usually shuts them down. I have learnt this from competitive games. I know I missed weapons in this discussion, but I simply don't care. And if someones tells me the needler is OP, I'm sorry your ignorant or haven't played CE.
bamboohpc wrote:

How are any of the weapons except for the plasma pistol and needler not overpowered?
That’s kind of the point. Halo CE is Halo on steroids. Every weapon is bigger and more powerful than its sequel counterpart. The grenades are mini nukes. The rockets ARE nukes. The invis actually makes you invisible. The sniper hits hard and fires fast. The starting weapon is capable of killing someone in less than a second. Every single mistake is punished hard. Being in the wrong position and getting flanked by an enemy can be fatal with very little time to react and get to cover. This makes basic map awareness and prediction of enemy position absolutely vital. Failing to get camo on damnation on a power cycle or even failing to just deny it to the other team by burning it can result in the enemy team going on a large kill streak. But that is WHY I love CE. It’s just as much a mental game as a mechanical game.
bamboohpc wrote:
-snip-
How are any of the weapons except for the plasma pistol and needler not overpowered? The pistol has limitless range, 3 shots to the head whats not OP about that? Don't get me wrong, only two weapons in the game the spanker and fuel rod cannon are the better weapons. How do those weapons devalue the OPness (not a word) of the pistol? As for the sniper its slightly larger than usual cross-hair radius is a slight disadvantage and the magnum rapid fire un-zooms snipers and usually shuts them down. I have learnt this from competitive games. I know I missed weapons in this discussion, but I simply don't care. And if someones tells me the needler is OP, I'm sorry your ignorant or haven't played CE.
Just because you can Three Shot Kill someone with the pistol in CE, doesn't mean it happens very often. Watch any mid to high level 2v2 gameplay on LAN and you'll see much more drawn out strafing pistol battles than people just running around 3 shotting each other. And it doesn't have "limitless range" either Lol
bamboohpc wrote:

Honestly you sound like someone who doesn’t play Halo CE often or in competitive games. All the other weapons in H1 are situational and have their own advantages. The pistol can’t beat a shotgun very close range unless you miss your shots. It can’t beat rockets when the holder has superior positioning. It can’t beat snipers extremely long range, which is why on larger outdoor maps the sniper is more overpowered than any other weapon. But at the same time if your opponent that holds these other weapons missteps or makes a bad play, it is powerful enough to punish you, which is how it’s suppose to be.

Nobody said the needler is overpowered. Everyone in this thread already mentioned that all guns EXCEPT the needler provide some kind of utility.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2